Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Cardboard Egg Cartons

• 18-09-2013 2:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where in Dublin I can purchase cardboard egg cartons??

Looking for plain unbranded cardboard 6 egg cartons.

I tried a few agri co-ops and petfood/animal feed stores,but none have them in stock.

I also tried some of the butcher shops this morning but they dont have them either.

Anyone know where I can buy them?

Thanks.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Dunno, possibly packaging suppliers, try Faulkners in Clondalkin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

prospect wrote: »
    Dunno, possibly packaging suppliers, try Faulkners in Clondalkin.

I know I can get them down in Old McDonalds in Carlow...but dont want to have to go that far for them.

I,ll give Faulkners a try so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,466 ✭✭✭Macy0161

If it's not too far out for you, farm fowl outside of Laragh, Co Wicklow probably have them. They did a few weeks ago when I was up there anyway.

Macy0161 wrote: »
    If it's not too far out for you, farm fowl outside of Laragh, Co Wicklow probably have them. They did a few weeks ago when I was up there anyway.

Thanks for that:) ....I rang my missus in work a short while ago,and she said Farm Fowl in Wicklow aswell.

So it looks like a trip down there 1st thing in the morning so.:)

Just rang Farm Fowl,and they have them in stock.

100 cartons for 9 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

now the house is finished are you gone into chickens paddy147 :)
    any pics..........all your wants are in the link

http://www.lkpoultry.ie/categories/Egg-Packaging/

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056719203

now the house is finished are you gone into chickens paddy147 :)
    any pics..........all your wants are in the link

http://www.lkpoultry.ie/categories/Egg-Packaging/

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056719203

Up to 9000 ex battery hens were to be rescued from a commercial egg farm in Laois 2 weeks ago.

Up until she got them,they had never seen daylight,sunlight,or felt wind or rain.Never been able to walk freely around and scratch away.:(

My girlfriend took a few of them and now they are free to roam around down at the back of our garden and are laying eggs each and every morning for us.

So fresh eggs every day and some jars of fresh honey from the beehive............happy with that.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

can get on ebay to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

paddy147 wrote: »

Up to 9000 ex battery hens were to be rescued from a commercial egg farm in Laois 2 weeks ago.

Up until she got them,they had never seen daylight,sunlight,or felt wind or rain.Never been able to walk freely around and scratch away.:(

My girlfriend took a few of them and now they are free to roam around down at the back of our garden and are laying eggs each and every morning for us.

So fresh eggs every day and some jars of fresh honey from the beehive............happy with that.:)

Paddy,

Good on you my man, nothing like rescuing some hens, they look good already and will thank you with at least a few good years of eggs.

I am not messing around I think it is great what you have done.

They will also feather up in no time although now is the time for the moult too!

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Paddy,

Good on you my man, nothing like rescuing some hens, they look good already and will thank you with at least a few good years of eggs.

I am not messing around I think it is great what you have done.

They will also feather up in no time although now is the time for the moult too!

Well its thanks to my girlfriend and daughter........they got them and are looking after them.
    Shes also building her own large bespoke chicken coop with double nest boxes out of 3 x 2/2 x 2 Pressure Treated wood,12mm WPB Board and 18mm smooth shiplap cladding..:)

We took a trip down to Farm Fowl in Laragh,County Wicklow this afternoon.

Bought 100 egg cartons,some special purple "anti peck" spray and also some meal worms and mixed corn

Saw some wild deer on the road side and hillside while down there.:)

Also stopped off at Van Der Wel Nurseries in Aughrim and bought a few plants and bulbs for the garden.

A nice afternoon spent in Wicklow with my family so.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Well done Paddy. Nice to hear a good news story on here!

red sean wrote: »
    Well done Paddy. Nice to hear a good news story on here!

We might be getting 2 or 3 more ex battery hens next week.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 Magzie

Well done Paddy :) Hens make wonderful pets, I've four hens (not battery hens unfortunately) and I just love them.

You're probably already aware of this but I just wanted to share my experience. There are a lot urban foxes around and they don't just come out at night :(. Last May, around 10.30am we lost a hen to a fox. We keep our four hens in a run during the day and let them free to roam for at least an hour a day. We learnt the hard way, that you really have to watch them when they are roaming free around the garden. I'd love to let them roam free all day but it's just not possible with the foxes :(. Since our hen was taken, the fox has been back lots of times. I've seen him/her right next to the run, at the end of the garden, and even curled up in my next door neighbour's garden.

I was going to suggest Farm Fowl for the egg boxes but someone beat me to it. Will and Caroline have a great set up, we bought our hens there :). They have little shop full of hen related stuff and are really helpful when it comes to looking for advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 chunkyboy

Why has paddy 147 been banned????? always looked forward to his posts :-(((

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

chunkyboy wrote: »

And pics!! He'll be missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭brian_t

chunkyboy wrote: »

You can't discuss other posters like that but the Prison forum is here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=335

Advertisement