Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S release date Ireland

• 18-09-2013 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

What is the release date for the 5S in Ireland (if there is one yet?) Some articles online are pointing at December?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

OK, thanks, my iPhone 5 is away for repair to Apple twice already, keeps coming back with the same fault (that they say they cannot reproduce) was looking for an upgrade to the 5S if it was available for all the hassle, obviously not for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭buzz

Historically it's 3-4 weeks after tier 1 so we are expecting it this time next month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

buzz wrote: »
    Historically it's 3-4 weeks after tier 1 so we are expecting it this time next month

No chance for these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭bigron2109

kensutz wrote: »
    No chance for these.
    When do you think it will be released?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Last year Ireland git it one week after UK did. China will be getting an allocation this year though so that may change.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

miralize wrote: »
    Last year Ireland git it one week after UK did. China will be getting an allocation this year though so that may change.

On paper we got it one week later, but very very limited supply.
    Realistically it was 4 - 6 weeks before it became widely available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 KrisR

So does that mean we cant order one for another month?

KrisR wrote: »
    So does that mean we cant order one for another month?

It still hasnt been launched here yet, or even a date released, that shows you how far back Irleand will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Definitely being done later as last year the announced Ireland as second wave country at the launch presentation.

Also rumours of production issues so I'm guessing it could be a December launch here.

Don't know why Ireland is not added to UK launch anyway.

Same phone and charger required etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Previous releases were usually Oct/Nov so would expect it around a similar time for the 5S release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

they were seriously underproduced for launch I would be hopeful for the end of the year here

Passenger wrote: »
    Previous releases were usually Oct/Nov so would expect it around a similar time for the 5S release.

This is simply not true.

Last year the 5 launched on Sep 21 in US & UK etc.

It launched here on Sep 28. Exactly one week later.

It was also announced at the keynote this would be the case but this time they have said nothing.

Obvious they are keeping phones for China and I think it could be December before we get it as there are rumoured production issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I ordered the 5 direct from apple last year on launch day (Sept 28th) and I didn't get it until October 23rd/24th. Looks like it'll be much later this year, probably closer to Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NiallMcD18

davo2001 wrote: »
    Hi all,

What is the release date for the 5S in Ireland (if there is one yet?) Some articles online are pointing at December?

Would you sell you're iPhone 5 if you get the 5S?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

NiallMcD18 wrote: »
    Would you sell you're iPhone 5 if you get the 5S?

Nope, just curious ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

o2's new price plans come out Oct 2nd..... Im guessing its around this time ???

Ya-Boy-Ya wrote: »
    o2's new price plans come out Oct 2nd..... Im guessing its around this time ???

Really doubt it. O2 have no influence over Apple's delivery schedules at all

• Registered Users Posts: 39 WhichCar

Out of interest what's the fault it keeps coming back with? I had an issue with mine too but I finally figured out it wasn't the phone that was causing the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drumzone

According to staff in apple store Belfast it will be available to pre order on October 4th!!!

• Advertisement

Has anyone looked at the prices that people are selling them for that bought them in Belfast. Total rip off. They sat out over night to get 5s and then sell it?? If your fool enough to pay 900 for 16gb. I don't care if it is the gold colour. Then put one of their new cases on it and who knows what colour it is.
    Jokers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

drumzone wrote: »
    Has anyone looked at the prices that people are selling them for that bought them in Belfast. Total rip off. They sat out over night to get 5s and then sell it?? If your fool enough to pay 900 for 16gb. I don't care if it is the gold colour. Then put one of their new cases on it and who knows what colour it is.
    Jokers.

Its the colour of the case!

You cant reallly blame the seller if thats what the buyers market is pricing them at.

I had a good lol at this though arstechnica.com/apple/2013/09/im-not-leaving-without-a-gold-one-tales-from-the-iphone-5s-line/ and I queued up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

miralize wrote: »
    Its the colour of the case!

You cant reallly blame the seller if thats what the buyers market is pricing them at.

I had a good lol at this though arstechnica.com/apple/2013/09/im-not-leaving-without-a-gold-one-tales-from-the-iphone-5s-line/ and I queued up.

Funny & Good read.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Should be available on the high street with the next three weeks.

Well that was a good read. But if you buy the gold iPhone or the silver one, they are both white on the front. Doesn't matter what case you put on it, you can't see the back or sides. Anyway just saying in a couple of weeks they will be in the republic.

Rumours Vodafone will have them on the 4th October but I still don't believe that as apple have not even announced the 2nd tier release date yet.

Even when they do get them, expect very very short stock until Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

kceire wrote: »
    Even when they do get them, expect very very shirt stocks until Christmas.

Damn those Christmas shirts

Damn those Christmas shirts

I really should proof read :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 waggyy

The 4s has gone down in price on the apple store to €400, but its only in 8GB. I can get it on the vodafone store a 16GB for €600. Is there anywhere I can get the 16GB for cheaper? do you think it will come down in price more with the new 5C and 5S or will the iPhone 5 come down in price? What should I go for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

waggyy wrote: »
    The 4s has gone down in price on the apple store to €400, but its only in 8GB. I can get it on the vodafone store a 16GB for €600. Is there anywhere I can get the 16GB for cheaper? do you think it will come down in price more with the new 5C and 5S or will the iPhone 5 come down in price? What should I go for?

If you're prepared to spend €600 on a phone get a 5S for not much more.

Advertisement