Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S release date Ireland

Comments

username?! wrote: »
    rang Vodafone. Was told phones will be available from upgrade team on the phone, website and in store. Couldn't tell me what the stock is like though in any of the stores.
    I'm not upgrading though, looking to switch networks to them. This is a pain in the ass, guess I'll try queue up on Friday morning and see what they're offering.

Unimpressed with how all the networks have released no information. Really poor customer service tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

The lads over on the O2 support forum posted this earlier:

"Unfortunately we will be unable to share any pricing information in advance of Friday. Those that have registered their interest will get information by email on Friday regarding the sale of the phone.

I'm sorry, I did say earlier that we should have information before Friday but it turns out not to be the case. The iPhones will still be on sale on Friday though, all sizes, types and colours."

First year this has happened, very strange behaviour

Disgraceful behviour by the networks ... designed to stop people jumping networks.

So not only can you not pre-order ... now you don't even know what the tariffs available are or what the thing will cost you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Not much better over on the Vodafone forum

"Everything about this launch is under wraps for the moment - more news will follow as soon as we get it though..."

Ugh I'm actually so mad, I don't have much time Friday morning so was hoping to know what the prices were, get there as early as possible and pick up the phone (I'd have preferred to pre order but so sign of that happening...)

Now I have to do that, but I won't have any idea what the prices or tariffs are on the different networks, so if I queue up at one network and they offer me a **** deal I won't be able to check out the competition because I don't have time :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

People panicking here over this?

Why do people need the phones on Friday morning?

Surely info will come out tomorrow?

I am surprised how little buzz there is about the iPhone 5s & 5c though. Only 3 seem to have some marketing about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Deasyb

Ugh I'm actually so mad, I don't have much time Friday morning so was hoping to know what the prices were, get there as early as possible and pick up the phone (I'd have preferred to pre order but so sign of that happening...)

Now I have to do that, but I won't have any idea what the prices or tariffs are on the different networks, so if I queue up at one network and they offer me a **** deal I won't be able to check out the competition because I don't have time :/

It's clear that there is a cartel among the phone companies. I'm sickened by the rip off prices and lack of any respect for customers shown by all the mobile phone carriers in Ireland. The competition authority should be investigating this and the Government should release a few more mobile phone licences to try and create some competition.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

murpho999 wrote: »
    People panicking here over this?

Why do people need the phones on Friday morning?

Surely info will come out tomorrow?

I am surprised how little buzz there is about the iPhone 5s & 5c though. Only 3 seem to have some marketing about it.

CPW seem to have a campaign on too. They have ads in the paper all week with a little countdown clock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

I suppose but I'm concerned they'll sell out too fast and I won't be able to get one for another few weeks if I go the online route. I've already waited longer than I anticipated for this phone and my current one is driving me nuts, can't wait to get rid of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Razor Russ

What time are people going to que from ??? don't know what time to go into town at

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 KrisR

So do you reckon the price for a 16gb will be 660?

Nice one thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

So what's the story, is it available on the Apple store from tomorrow? What time?

How quickly do they usually sell out online?

What's the expected backlog/delivery time?

If I don't order tomorrow, and leave it say 2 or 3 weeks, will they have them back in stock in the store?

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Dave! wrote: »
    So what's the story, is it available on the Apple store from tomorrow? What time?

How quickly do they usually sell out online?

What's the expected backlog/delivery time?

If I don't order tomorrow, and leave it say 2 or 3 weeks, will they have them back in stock in the store?

Thanks

It will be available to order. Shipping estimates are 2 to 3 weeks at the moment, I think.

This might seem like a nooby question but I've never had a phone with contract before.
    If you have it by contract and you lose the phone or it gets robbed ect. do they replace it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

KrisR wrote: »
    This might seem like a nooby question but I've never had a phone with contract before.
    If you have it by contract and you lose the phone or it gets robbed ect. do they replace it?

Unless you get insurance, no.

Thanks

So I have an hour and a half to decide if I want to buy this yoke :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thanks

No, you have 25 hours and 25 mins to decide.

• Advertisement

What do people have against contracts?

I've just completed 2 years with Meteor @ €50 per month.

Have 64gb 4s. Paid €99 for it.

Total cost is 24 x €50 +€99= €1299. Monthly cost over 2 years= €54

5s 64gb Unlocked on apple is €899 . Monthly cost over 2 years= €37

For that extra €17 per month I had 200 min calls, 200 texts and 5gb data. Also don't have to fork out a lot of money up front.

Sure most pre-pay customers are spending more than €17 a month.

Seems a good deal to me.

Ah, thought it was 24th it was out.

Okay so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Thanks

It won't make any difference if you order at 00:01 on Friday morning or any time that same day, you will still be waiting 2-3 weeks before it even ships.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

What do people have against contracts?

I've just completed 2 years with Meteor @ €50 per month.

Have 64gb 4s. Paid €99 for it.

Total cost is 24 x €50 +€99= €1299. Monthly cost over 2 years= €54

5s 64gb Unlocked on apple is €899 . Monthly cost over 2 years= €37

For that extra €17 per month I had 200 min calls, 200 texts and 5gb data. Also don't have to fork out a lot of money up front.

Sure most pre-pay customers are spending more than €17 a month.

Seems a good deal to me.

Because most people are not on €50 per month contracts these days. Mine is €20 per month. €480 over 2 years. Subtract that from 1299 and you start to get the idea.

Also - I will not be tied to a contract so would have no issues if, lets say, I decided to emigrate.
    Also... my phone is factory unlocked from purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

If I go into a phone store on Friday, will I be able to get an iPhone 5S? Or am I deluded?

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Because most people are not on €50 per month contracts these days. Mine is €20 per month. €480 over 2 years. Subtract that from 1299 and you start to get the idea.

Also - I will not be tied to a contract so would have no issues if, lets say, I decided to emigrate.
    Also... my phone is factory unlocked from purchase.

Your maths is strange.

The extra €30 per month over 24 months is €720.00 so that covers the phone.

Factory unlock is an advantage but not if you're happy in contract with carrier.

Emigration is an extreme example.

whirlpool wrote: »
    If I go into a phone store on Friday, will I be able to get an iPhone 5S? Or am I deluded?

You should be able to yeah. Some networks might not be selling on pre-pay though & holding their stock for bill pay customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Aodhagan wrote: »
    You should be able to yeah. Some networks might not be selling on pre-pay though & holding their stock for bill pay customers.

Cool :)

I'm billpay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Your maths is strange.

The extra €30 per month over 24 months is €720.00 so that covers the phone.

Factory unlock is an advantage but not if you're happy in contract with carrier.

Emigration is an extreme example.

I go by UK Apple prices. See no reason to pay Paddy Tax.

My 5s cost me €650. Last time out - they wanted €99 up from for a 16gig and go to a €45 contract. = €1179. The cost of the phone then works out at €699 on contract.

So now I am contract free and have saved €50. :D

• Advertisement

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    I go by UK Apple prices. See no reason to pay Paddy Tax.

My 5s cost me €650. Last time out - they wanted €99 up from for a 16gig and go to a €45 contract. = €1179. The cost of the phone then works out at €699 on contract.

So now I am contract free and have saved €50. :D

Yep. If I was in the market for the iPhone I would also go Apple UK route for €650 + choose 48 @ €20 per month. Total over 2 years = €1130

Currently with Vodafone I pay €38 per month on average & I expect that would cost in total over 2 years would be €1,210 when the 5S comes out on Friday with their basic Red plan @ €35 per month with added data making it €40p/m (the base 500mb they offer isn't enough & they charge €5 monthly for an extra 500mb).

Advertisement