Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S release date Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

The only reason I go billpay is because I don't have 700euro spare to spend upfront on a smartphone.

If I had the money lying around for a sim-free device, that'd always be my preference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Yep. If I was in the market for the iPhone I would also go Apple UK route for €650 + choose 48 @ €20 per month. Total over 2 years = €1130

Currently with Vodafone I pay €38 per month on average & I expect that would cost in total over 2 years would be €1,210 when the 5S comes out on Friday with their basic Red plan @ €35 per month with added data making it €40p/m (the base 500mb they offer isn't enough & they charge €5 monthly for an extra 500mb).

Vodafone are a disgrace, I bought my 5s from Apple, i'm with 3, €39.95 per month, unlimited calls and texts to all Irish mobile and landlines, unlimited data (fair usage, capped at 15 gigs), the price plan works in the North and UK once you connect to 3's network over there, and a few other countries in Europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭username?!

How do people insure there sim free phones from apple?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Yep. If I was in the market for the iPhone I would also go Apple UK route for €650 + choose 48 @ €20 per month. Total over 2 years = €1130

Currently with Vodafone I pay €38 per month on average & I expect that would cost in total over 2 years would be €1,210 when the 5S comes out on Friday with their basic Red plan @ €35 per month with added data making it €40p/m (the base 500mb they offer isn't enough & they charge €5 monthly for an extra 500mb).

If I order from apple uk will I have too pay import tax? I know ill have too use parcel motel too get it In how long would I be waitin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

MrMac84 wrote: »
    If I order from apple uk will I have too pay import tax? I know ill have too use parcel motel too get it In how long would I be waitin?

No import tax from inside the EU. Time you will be waiting will depend on Apple. Around 2-3 weeks. Parcel Motel will ship in less than 24 hours usually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

No import tax within the EU. You pay €647 plus card charges + €3.50 to Parcel Motel. You get it the next working day from Parcel Motel after they receive it. Bear in mind they only insure you to the value of €100.

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    No import tax from inside the EU. Time you will be waiting will depend on Apple. Around 2-3 weeks. Parcel Motel will ship in less than 24 hours usually.

So 650 from England or 699 from apple.ie? Think ill order tomorow night BADLY need new phone as this one is bate

So 650 from England or 699 from apple.ie? Think ill order tomorow night BADLY need new phone as this one is bate

You're looking at November 18th or later for delivery if you order before Friday (which you should do while we are still in the Tier 1 ordering stage!)

You're looking at November 18th or later for delivery if you order before Friday (which you should do while we are still in the Tier 1 ordering stage!)

Your talking from
    The uk right? Not irish store?

• Advertisement

billie1b wrote: »
    Vodafone are a disgrace, I bought my 5s from Apple, i'm with 3, €39.95 per month, unlimited calls and texts to all Irish mobile and landlines, unlimited data (fair usage, capped at 15 gigs), the price plan works in the North and UK once you connect to 3's network over there, and a few other countries in Europe

That's a SIM only plan though right?

€650 for the phone up front & €40 per month on top of that is a bit much when you have the 48 €20 plan that covers most people's needs with unlimited calls & texts to any network, 60 landline minutes & 5GB of data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

I ordered from the UK store on Monday and was given estimated delivery date 12-18th November. I went for 32gb gold though, which I have heard is the hardest to get.

That's a SIM only plan though right?

€650 for the phone up front & €40 per month on top of that is a bit much when you have the 48 €20 plan that covers most people's needs with unlimited calls & texts to any network, 60 landline minutes & 5GB of data.

I got a 48 sim to put in my iPhone while trying out the Galaxy. The €10 deal is great!

300 mins, all texts to all networks and 1GB of data for €10 a month! Why anyone would pay €40 to vodafone and only get a gig of data is beyond me.

I'm on the Classic Flex Max Plan with three. €40.66 a month and I very rarely go over €42. I had an iPhone 5 I bought from apple so I use a local sim when I go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭displaced dub

I've been reading through the last few pages and having a little giggle to myself.

The old "I want to get the phone tomorrow" and "the networks are ripping us off" comments are all over the place.

Me, I'm ordering from apple tonight and if I have to wait 3 weeks well then so be it, why do people NEED the phone tomorrow? Can they not use the one they already have? Will some nuclear bomb explode if they DONT get the PHONE tomorrow?

Sometimes it's best to sit back let the dust settle and hype die down and then let your head decide if you NEED the phone and what plan is best for you, as opposed to standing in the cold like a junkie outside a methadone clinic and legging it in signing up to a silly overly long contract just so you can show people your new 5S. Most people who do this are the one's who'll be back here next year asking will their operator let them upgrade. When you sign that contract tomorrow understand you can't bitch and moan in a years time because they want you to sign a new 2 year contract!

Have fun junkies in the cold, me I'll log on from my bed while my wife's asleep beside me and 5 minutes later I'll be back asleep myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

some people don't have the cash to splash on an unlocked device.

buying a new phone from a carrier, the price plans are a deciding factor, I'm looking to jump ship (on meteor atm) if three announced a better price plan with the 5S I'd be jumping.

in short, plan prices matter to some. also if the 4 and 5 launches are anything to go by, if you don't get one from a carrier on launch day you can probably be without a new phone until the new year.

people like shiny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I still don't see why people find 2 years a ridiculously long contract.

I upgrade my phone every 2 years and I also get a service of the phone included in that contract.

Don't have to worry about limits and top ups etc.

some people don't have the cash to splash on an unlocked device.

buying a new phone from a carrier, the price plans are a deciding factor, I'm looking to jump ship (on meteor atm) if three announced a better price plan with the 5S I'd be jumping.

in short, plan prices matter to some. also if the 4 and 5 launches are anything to go by, if you don't get one from a carrier on launch day you can probably be without a new phone until the new year.

people like shiny

I would do the same but have heard really bad stuff about 3's coverage and customer service. India call centre for a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Two years is an age for me, it kinda feels like someone is just holding a pillow 10cm's away from my face whilst i sleep every night.

also I roam a lot and not having an unlocked phone is a deal breaker for me (if i get a 5S on contract, I'll have my unlocked 5 for roaming).

murpho999 wrote: »
    I would do the same but have heard really bad stuff about 3's coverage and customer service. India call centre for a start.

I used to HATE three. I was full time on boards giving out about this and that. I signed a two year contract with a 4S in December 2011.

But recently they have improved a lot! I never have any issues with my signal. None more than the rest of my family on different networks.

If you are a heavy data user, three is your only option. I don't have wifi in the apartment so I tether from my phone to my iPad to watch stuff. I used 13GBs one month. That's why I can't even look at any other network.

Customer care has improved greatly and with twitter/boards, you don't have to deal with India. Although last time I called I spoke to a nice lad from Cork. Not sure how that happened!

Three will definitely have the best deals. They have a new plan where it is €50 a month for all you can eat everything. It will be interesting to see how much the 5s is on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

siobhanoh wrote: »
    I used to HATE three. I was full time on boards giving out about this and that. I signed a two year contract with a 4S in December 2011.

But recently they have improved a lot! I never have any issues with my signal. None more than the rest of my family on different networks.

If you are a heavy data user, three is your only option. I don't have wifi in the apartment so I tether from my phone to my iPad to watch stuff. I used 13GBs one month. That's why I can't even look at any other network.

Customer care has improved greatly and with twitter/boards, you don't have to deal with India. Although last time I called I spoke to a nice lad from Cork. Not sure how that happened!

Three will definitely have the best deals. They have a new plan where it is €50 a month for all you can eat everything. It will be interesting to see how much the 5s is on it.
    How much is your bill every month on that contract. I'm with eMobile and for €99 I got the iPhone 5 with unlimited calls and texts to any network and unlimited data for €75 per month.

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    How much is your bill every month on that contract. I'm with eMobile and for €99 I got the iPhone 5 with unlimited calls and texts to any network and unlimited data for €75 per month.

€75 a month that's an awful lot.

Also, texting, does anybody really care about that any more?

iMessage and What's app etc.

I pay 40.66 a month on the Classic Flex Max plan. That includes 350 flexi units that can be used as 1 minute of calls or 2 texts. It includes unlimited data. I am not much of a talker, I never go near using all of the 350 units. Most texting is done through iMessage and Whatsapp but I know that I never have to think twice about making calls.

Another thing I love is the 'Like Home' where you can roam for free in the UK and other countries that have a Three network. Very handy in Belfast on Sat being able to use my calls and data as normal. I think this is an add on for new contracts though.

I'm actually laughing at myself here. I never thought this time last year I would actually be promoting Three!:rolleyes:

I pay 40.66 a month on the Classic Flex Max plan. That includes 350 flexi units that can be used as 1 minute of calls or 2 texts. It includes unlimited data. I am not much of a talker, I never go near using all of the 350 units. Most texting is done through iMessage and Whatsapp but I know that I never have to think twice about making calls.

Another thing I love is the 'Like Home' where you can roam for free in the UK and other countries that have a Three network. Very handy in Belfast on Sat being able to use my calls and data as normal. I think this is an add on for new contracts though.

I'm actually laughing at myself here. I never thought this time last year I would actually be promoting Three!:rolleyes:

Oh and I can't remember how much I paid for the 4s back in Dec 11 but I just signed a new contract and got an upgrade of a Galaxy S4 for €89.

Don't like it so selling that and my iPhone 5 to pay for the 5s!

I use the phone an awful lot. When I was on prepay with O2 I would go through €20/€25 a week easy. Looking at the usage I've made 30 hours of calls since getting the phone replaced about a month ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭username?!

Anyone remember any of the prices for the iPhone 5 last year on carriers? Should be around the same as that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭ATMatm

I remember ordering a 4S before the Irish launch on Meteor billpay and having it show up at my job on the release date. Nostalgia etc.

I use the phone an awful lot. When I was on prepay with O2 I would go through €20/€25 a week easy. Looking at the usage I've made 30 hours of calls since getting the phone replaced about a month ago.

Well then, if I was you, I would go for Three Unlimitied Flex Max. €55 a month on a 2 year contract and the iPhone 5 is currently €99 on that plan. Hopefully the 5s won't be too different!

Well then, if I was you, I would go for Three Unlimitied Flex Max. €55 a month on a 2 year contract and the iPhone 5 is currently €99 on that plan. Hopefully the 5s won't be too different!
    Unfortunately where I live the signal on 3 is dire, well it was a few months ago anyway. I'm thinking of going sim only next time but I'm in contract till march 15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭murra

Wonder why all the networks are not giving out price plans?
    Collusion much!!!!!!!!!!!

Surely if one network released prices, plans etc. today, they would create far more business from new customers. I'm currently with 02. If 3 for example decided to release details and I could pre order phone, I would change in a heartbeat.

Conclusion:
    Country's fuked

• Advertisement

Ha the country is ****ed over an iPhone launch. All the phones will prob be just for bill pay customers. I think last year that was the case and it was only existing customers

Advertisement