Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S release date Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

siobhanoh wrote: »
    I pay 40.66 a month on the Classic Flex Max plan. That includes 350 flexi units that can be used as 1 minute of calls or 2 texts. It includes unlimited data. I am not much of a talker, I never go near using all of the 350 units. Most texting is done through iMessage and Whatsapp but I know that I never have to think twice about making calls.

Another thing I love is the 'Like Home' where you can roam for free in the UK and other countries that have a Three network. Very handy in Belfast on Sat being able to use my calls and data as normal. I think this is an add on for new contracts though.

I'm actually laughing at myself here. I never thought this time last year I would actually be promoting Three!:rolleyes:

You can get that plan sim only for 20.33.
    If you manage to get a sim free iPhone be sure to switch, they'll be happy to keep charging 40.66 even if you are out of contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

dloob wrote: »
    You can get that plan sim only for 20.33.
    If you manage to get a sim free iPhone be sure to switch, they'll be happy to keep charging 40.66 even if you are out of contract.

I just signed a new contract and got a Galaxy S4. Silly, I know but I thought I would like it. But I am rectifying my mistake by selling the iPhone 5 and the Galaxy to pay for the iPhone 5s. So technically not paying anything for the 5s and I'll be on a 2 year contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭murra

they will all flow in now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

murra wrote: »
    they will all flow in now

You'd hope. 130 and 50 squids per month isn't bad. And you get 4G speeds too

• Advertisement

Gross. Hope the other networks can offer better than that...

GavMan wrote: »

ye price isn't too bad actually. I wouldn't think 02 or Vodafone will compete with that price point.
    interesting too see what 3 does

3gb of data isn't enough for me on 4G, not a hope. (also don't mention it's unlimited until march, it's 24 months).

unlimited calls and texts? wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

guil wrote: »
    Unfortunately where I live the signal on 3 is dire, well it was a few months ago anyway. I'm thinking of going sim only next time but I'm in contract till march 15

You know 3 bought out O2 so they now share their own masts and O2's ones aswell, their signal has improved vastly over the whole country. They also have all the 4g coverage, Vodafone and Meteor are piggy backing off 3's signal for it

Do they only offer 16GB?

3GBs is laughable.

• Advertisement

billie1b wrote: »
    You know 3 bought out O2 so they now share their own masts and O2's ones aswell, their signal has improved vastly over the whole country. They also have all the 4g coverage, Vodafone and Meteor are piggy backing off 3's signal for it

That deal hasn't even nearly been inked yet, nevermind infrastructure sharing, etc

Do they only offer 16GB?

3GBs is laughable.

To be fair, once you're not streaming HD Netflix, 3gb is more than enough for most.

Also, 3 have had the worst customer service of any network I've ever been on, and I've been on a few. I pretty much refuse to move back to them on principle...

Do they only offer 16GB?

3GBs is laughable.
    yup, 16gb version only at launch. that's pretty laughable (in fairness shipments will be tight). again looking at my iphone 5, apps are taking up 30% i'd be crippled on a 16gb phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Also, 3 have had the worst customer service of any network I've ever been on, and I've been on a few. I pretty much refuse to move back to them on principle...

I've been with them for 2 years now and found them fine.

Respond quick on Twitter and here on boards.

Only needed them twice.

Once to port my number and 2 to activate my roaming (Done via twitter in one hour).

Why are they only offering 16gb and 3gb Data is not great on a 4g connection really

Quick question actually; I've never been on a bill pay contract before, if I want to sign up to one tomorrow is there any documents I'm likely to need with me? I assume I'll need some sort of proof of name/address?

yup, 16gb version only at launch. that's pretty laughable (in fairness shipments will be tight). again looking at my iphone 5, apps are taking up 30% i'd be crippled on a 16gb phone.

I managed just about ok on a 16GB iPhone 5 but I didn't have any music on it besides whatever was on iTube. Majority of space taken up with photos of food! :rolleyes:

Looking forward to getting the 32GB 5s. I won't know myself!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I popped into Meteor at lunchtime and asked would they be launching their 4G plans with the new iPhone launch. The dude simply said no & that they are waiting on Apple.

I had 16gb iPhone5 that was nearly full with music, apps & photo's so I went all out & got myself 64gb iPhone 5S in gold. I am using approx 32gb on it at the moment. I wonder will any networks get 32gb or 64gb for launch tomorrow, stocks must be very tight.

Emobile also have their plans up for new iPhone http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/phones/

I popped into Meteor at lunchtime and asked would they be launching their 4G plans with the new iPhone launch. The dude simply said no & that they are waiting on Apple.

I had 16gb iPhone5 that was nearly full with music, apps & photo's so I went all out & got myself 64gb iPhone 5S in gold. I am using approx 32gb on it at the moment. I wonder will any networks get 32gb or 64gb for launch tomorrow, stocks must be very tight.

This doesn't add up.

You have a 16gb but use approx 32gb?

Now you have a 64gb phone before launch in gold?

murpho999 wrote: »
    This doesn't add up.

No I was tight when I had 16gb iPhone 5 but got 64gb 5S last week in Belfast & I am using 32gb on the phone already.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    This doesn't add up.

A lot of people in Ireland didn't wait for it to launch here to get their hands on it!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Do they only offer 16GB?

3GBs is laughable.

Im actually quite surpised by the prices, I though they would be a lot worse. I pay €5 on prepay for 500 mb and I only ever use about 100mb on average...

No I was tight when I had 16gb iPhone 5 but got 64gb 5S last week in Belfast & I am using 32gb on the phone already.

What you make of the phone so far?

A lot of people in Ireland didn't wait for it to launch here to get their hands on it!:rolleyes:

Fair enough, but the post wasn't very clear. Here's your :rolleyes: back!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭funstuff

Come on Vodafone - Getting antsy :)

murra wrote: »
    What you make of the phone so far?

Very similar to 5 but can notice speed difference when jumping between apps, safari, playing games, etc. The fingerprint sensor is pretty cool if a little gimmicky & the slow motion camera is pretty neat.

I only hope we can get 4G on the iPhone sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

That deal hasn't even nearly been inked yet, nevermind infrastructure sharing, etc

They swapped over Networks a few weeks ago, both O2 and 3's network were down for hours over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

eMobile's are out too - prices are awful!

They are basically trying to push you into a 24 Month contract, €54 a month and a 16gb iphone is €219?!
    Total cost of phone (including calls and data): €1515

Other options include €45 a month (18 month) and handset price of €439??!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭v10

billie1b wrote: »
    They swapped over Networks a few weeks ago, both O2 and 3's network were down for hours over it

Don't think so, that's still waiting for regulatory approval which is not expected until about March next year.

from O2 site
    In June 2013 Telefónica agreed to sell its 100% stake in Telefónica Ireland to Hutchison Whampoa, operators of Three.

The agreement is subject final competition approval by the relevant authorities.
    also see Irish Times Article

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

9am tomorrow it is going on sale from the apple.ie

Advertisement