Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S release date Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Are all these prices etc for 16gb?

No mention of larger sizes.

Don't see how people can manage with just 16gb.

Eddie2008 wrote: »
    I got the following details from o2 earlier for anyone thats interested. They regard an upgrade over 24 months:

5S - €35 a month: phone cost €269
    5C - €35 a month: phone cost €169

5S - €45 a month: phone cost €219
    5C - €45 a month: phone cost €119

How much data is that for O2's amazing 500mb offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

murpho999 wrote: »

Cloud Storage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

They'd all be for 16GB versions, for 32GB then add €100 to the cost and €200 for the 64GB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

All well and good but for example, music is no good if on holidays and not on wifi. Also streaming would affect your data use too.

28gb on music on my phone. I could trim that though!

Sonics2k wrote: »
    They'd all be for 16GB versions, for 32GB then add €100 to the cost and €200 for the 64GB.

Then it's gone crazy.

2 years ago with Meteor I paid €99 for 64gb and then €50 a month for 200 mins and 200 texts and 5gb data.

Jamez735 wrote: »
    Cloud Storage!

Yes, but it gets messy. I want to use my phone not have to download stuff all the time when I need it.

iCloud is only 5gb free then you'd have to combine with Dropbox , Google drive etc and I'd be all over the place.

Unless there is something else I'm missing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

All well and good but for example, music is no good if on holidays and not on wifi. Also streaming would affect your data use too.

28gb on music on my phone. I could trim that though!

Sounds like you should get a Spotify sub - allows you to store offline music

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Eddie2008

Yes they are all for 16GB which I am interested in. I use the cloud for storage. And yes it is upgrade costs that were quoted to me.

For info on plans, see here: http://www.o2online.ie/o2/shop/plans/billpay.php

• Advertisement

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Sounds like you should get a Spotify sub - allows you to store offline music

Why?

THen I would still need internet wouldn't I?

Eddie2008 wrote: »
    Yes they are all for 16GB which I am interested in. I use the cloud for storage. And yes it is upgrade costs that were quoted to me.

For info on plans, see here: http://www.o2online.ie/o2/shop/plans/billpay.php

I am assuming that they are letting you stay on your old tariff still??

My old tariff has cr*p minutes but 2gb data for €35 - deal breaker if I have to drop that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Some apps i use are like 1gb in size.

I watch video podcasts at 1080p quality which run for about an hour, each are about a 1gb in size too.

16gb isn't really enough, i use spotify too, i use netflix too but my podcasts alone isn't enough for 16gb phone.

cloud storage helps but still you can't really compete to physical space *just yet*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yes, but it gets messy. I want to use my phone not have to download stuff all the time when I need it.

iCloud is only 5gb free then you'd have to combine with Dropbox , Google drive etc and I'd be all over the place.

Unless there is something else I'm missing?

iTunes Match. After using it for over a year the idea of storing all my music on my phone seems antiquated.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Eddie2008

Actually o2 also quoted this for €55 a month:

5S: €179.99
    5C: €79.99

Not interested in this as by my calcs you would be better on the €35 a month a plan and pay some up front.

My iPhone 4 died on Monday (tea damage...) and have been utterly lost without it, would really like a Gold 5S...

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭TrueIt

I'm going to get a nice gold one off the website. Three weeks of waiting for it to be delivered is it?

Why?

THen I would still need internet wouldn't I?

You store 28gb of music on your phone - you can stream what you like when you like with Spotify

For the hols ... save your spotify playlists for offline use, so no need to data roam for your music.

Plus you can say goodbye to itunes ... downloading/synching music.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Buy off the UK store and use Parcel Motel. Job sorted then!

iTunes Match. After using it for over a year the idea of storing all my music on my phone seems antiquated.

I have the Match but don't like having to stream stuff all the time.
    You store 28gb of music on your phone - you can stream what you like when you like with Spotify

For the hols ... save your spotify playlists for offline use, so no need to data roam for your music.

Plus you can say goodbye to itunes ... downloading/synching music.

I really know nothing about this but will check it out!

Food for thought here.

Also, wasn't aware that iCloud gives you unlimited iTunes and Ibooks back up, thought that counted towards the free 5gb.

I really know nothing about this but will check it out!

Food for thought here.

Also, wasn't aware that iCloud gives you unlimited iTunes and Ibooks back up, thought that counted towards the free 5gb.

Go for Spotify ... if you are into your music, it's fantastic value for a tenner a month!

Apps are nice (expecially iPad version) and work great with Airplay!

• Advertisement

Go for Spotify ... if you are into your music, it's fantastic value for a tenner a month!

Apps are nice (expecially iPad version) and work great with Airplay!

Ok, that's €120 a year that I could just spend on extra storage.

Ok, that's €120 a year that I could just spend on extra storage.

True ... I signed up to get rid of hassle of downloading music - got sick of torrents etc. and having to synch my phone everytime I found a decent album

I would suggest to sign up for a Premium trial to see what you before forking out for extra storage.

I use 10gb of my 16gb on my phone

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You don’t have to stream. You can download while on WiFi. (Match was never really designed for streaming anyway.) I find it so much easier than having to sync with iTunes all the time. I almost never sync with iTunes anymore.

iTunes Match is also only €25 a year. And when iTunes Radio arrives Match subscribers will get it ad-free.

You don’t have to stream. You can download while on WiFi. (Match was never really designed for streaming anyway.) I find it so much easier than having to sync with iTunes all the time. I almost never sync with iTunes anymore.

iTunes Match is also only €25 a year. And when iTunes Radio arrives Match subscribers will get it ad-free.

I don't sync with iTunes either.

So basically download as you need it. Fine if online but off line is different.

Anyhow, I'll look seriously at this as Apple's €100 extra for each step up is crazy in this day and age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Got a 16gb Gold 5s off meteor earlier today, on their site, site wasn't slow or hanging so I'd say they had plenty of stock.

Said it should be here in two working days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Deasyb

Quick question actually; I've never been on a bill pay contract before, if I want to sign up to one tomorrow is there any documents I'm likely to need with me? I assume I'll need some sort of proof of name/address?

You'll need photo ID (drivers licence or passport) and proof of address which needs to be a utility bill from the past 3 months. They'll then need to do a credit check on you which takes a few minutes, once that clears you should be good to go.

Thank you! I don't have utility bills though as I'm a student living on campus accommodation, a bank statement or something similar would work hopefully?

• Advertisement

Just doing a quick comparison on info so far from Meteor & 3

Picking the middle tarrif and 24 month contract with each.

Monthly Cost €40.66 x24
    Phone Cost €179.00

Total €1154.84

Includes 350 flex units (1 min call or 2 texts per unit) and Unlimited Data

Meteor

Monthly Cost €49.00
    Phone Cost €129.00

Total €1305.00

Includes 3g & 4g Network, unlimited minutes and texts and 3gb data.

The 3 offering certainly seems better value.

Advertisement