Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S release date Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 djr7

You can buy iPhone 5S from @ThreeCare tonight, but only if you are new customer as #Three.ie don't give a f..k about existing customers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Have always bought on launch date - but stock levels look to be ridiculously sh*te

Think I will evaluate all networks and order online with whatever network I go with

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

All this hassle with networks, this is why i buy from Belfast when upgrading.
    I didnt upgrade this year so looking forward to the 6 :P

Best of luck to anybody that goes out to get one in the morning :)

Still nothing from Vodafone...le sigh. This phone better be worth all this hassle :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Still nothing from Vodafone...le sigh. This phone better be worth all this hassle :P

Trust me it is. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Two years is an age for me, it kinda feels like someone is just holding a pillow 10cm's away from my face whilst i sleep every night.

You should probably see someone about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Do you need to pay a deposit with Three or are you good to go with the €179 up front?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

In some cases they do look for a deposit of €150.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

http://store.apple.com/ie

They are updating the apple store! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Do you need to pay a deposit with Three or are you good to go with the €179 up front?

Minimum deposit is now €250 with 3, Meteor are looking for €350 in most cases and €250 in others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭LeaveitOff

I was thinking of buying the phone directly from Apple and going on the €20 sim only plan but looking at the pricing from 3:

The Flexifix 200 plan on a 12 month contract is 25.40 / month. You need a data add on - 6.99 for 500mb. I'm in wifi zones most of the time so this is fine for me. This brings it to 32.40 a month.

32.40 x 12 = €388.8 + 569 for the phone is €957.80 for 12 months.

From Apple, 699 + (20 * 12) = €939.

The 3 deal isn't too bad at all for a 12 month contract.

I'll agree that the flexifix plan isn't for everyone but the 200 units and free any network texts are more than enough for me.

Thoughts?

Wait, what's this about deposits? Why would I need to give a deposit if I'm paying for the phone upfront? I don't have an extra 250/300 quid on top of the phone cost o.O

billie1b wrote: »
    Minimum deposit is now €250 with 3, Meteor are looking for €350 in most cases and €250 in others

I think I'd rather just fork out the full price for Apple if that's the case.

Does anyone know if you need to pay a deposit when getting an upgrade with Vodafone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

billie1b wrote: »

I've had numerous phones and contracts with carriers in the past and am currently with Meteor and never had to give a deposit.

Never heard of it, are you doing direct debit?

Only reason I can think of that they want a deposit.

LeaveitOff wrote: »
    I was thinking of buying the phone directly from Apple and going on the €20 sim only plan but looking at the pricing from 3:

The Flexifix 200 plan on a 12 month contract is 25.40 / month. You need a data add on - 6.99 for 500mb. I'm in wifi zones most of the time so this is fine for me. This brings it to 32.40 a month.

I'll agree that the flexifix plan isn't for everyone but the 200 units and free any network texts are more than enough for me.

Thoughts?

48 give you free calls & texts to any network, 60 mins of landline calls & 5GB of data for €20 per month. Apparently they don't check if you're between 18-22 either.

Thoughts?

Based on that pricing you are better off buying direct from Apple. You get a Factory Unlocked phone up front, you can enter a 30 day sim only plan and move as you see fit, if another network bring out a better 4G plan (Meteor), you can jump ship at a moments notice.
    Wait, what's this about deposits? Why would I need to give a deposit if I'm paying for the phone upfront? I don't have an extra 250/300 quid on top of the phone cost o.O

All the networks require a security deposit for new bill pay customers. You usually get it back on payment of your 6th bill.
    Aodhagan wrote: »
    48 give you free calls & texts to any network, 60 mins of landline calls & 5GB of data for €20 per month. Apparently they don't check if you're between 18-22 either.

+1

I signed my work mate up. Shes in her 50's and has been with 48 for over a year now. Suits her perfect.

ffs, they didn't mention a deposit in store when I enquired about switching. I won't be able to afford that, I had saved up just enough to buy the phone :(

ffs, they didn't mention a deposit in store when I enquired about switching. I won't be able to afford that, I had saved up just enough to buy the phone :(

It can be dependent on the security check, it could be €50 or it could be €250. Its unfortunate, as you will not find out until your in store about to buy.

Well I'm a student, I've no debt or anything but I calculate my money carefully, I saved up enough to buy the phone and will have enough in my monthly income to pay for the bill each month. If they decide to land me a huge deposit I'm screwed as I literally don't have it...

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭LeaveitOff

kceire wrote: »
    Based on that pricing you are better off buying direct from Apple. You get a Factory Unlocked phone up front, you can enter a 30 day sim only plan and move as you see fit, if another network bring out a better 4G plan (Meteor), you can jump ship at a moments notice.

All the networks require a security deposit for new bill pay customers. You usually get it back on payment of your 6th bill.

+1

I signed my work mate up. Shes in her 50's and has been with 48 for over a year now. Suits her perfect.

All depends on your location in terms of reception. Where i am, O2 is only average and Vodafone is terrible. I have great coverage with 3 so wouldn't be jumping ship.

When it comes to getting the best deal, network quality and phone usage need to be taken in to account also. The plan i quoted in my post wouldn't suit a lot of people though.

• Advertisement

All depends on your location in terms of reception. Where i am, O2 is only average and Vodafone is terrible. I have great coverage with 3 so wouldn't be jumping ship.

When it comes to getting the best deal, network quality and phone usage need to be taken in to account also. The plan i quoted in my post wouldn't suit a lot of people though.

Yep, agree, its not a one size fits all.
    Its like the argument that 16gb is enough for you, but not for me etc

You take the package that suits your own personal needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

If I've to pay so much money, I would buy sim free from Apple. No point in paying so much money upfront and still be locked in a contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cave_dweller

Anyone know what time I should start queuing up at? Particularly the stores in Limerick?

I haven't bought an iPhone before on launch day so haven't a clue what time I should head in for. I was thinking of going in for 7:30am, Vodafone open in Limerick at 9am. I'm looking to get a pre-paid iphone 5s, would that time be too late?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

Anyone know what time I should start queuing up at? Particularly the stores in Limerick?

I haven't bought an iPhone before on launch day so haven't a clue what time I should head in for. I was thinking of going in for 7:30am, Vodafone open in Limerick at 9am. I'm looking to get a pre-paid iphone 5s, would that time be too late?

Depends if they are selling prepaid on the launch date, depends on stock levels, if your buying it pre-paid your better off buying direct from apple

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭TrueIt

What time will they go on sale at apple.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Razor Russ

TrueIt wrote: »
    What time will they go on sale at apple.ie?

Apple.ie is currently down. Try midnight I recon if not 8am

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

siobhanoh wrote: »
    I just signed a new contract and got a Galaxy S4. Silly, I know but I thought I would like it. But I am rectifying my mistake by selling the iPhone 5 and the Galaxy to pay for the iPhone 5s. So technically not paying anything for the 5s and I'll be on a 2 year contract.

You do realise that upgrading means you lose your included Three like home and probably tethering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I've been with 48 since the beginning I can't fault them brilliant value. I'll never go back to contract again direct from apple is the only way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Phones are up on the store now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

On apple.ie now, intstantally has 2-3 weeks delivery time?

Advertisement