Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S release date Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Ordered silver 64 gig

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭TrueIt

Gold 16gb 5s in two weeks hopefully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Just bought a iPhone 5s 32GB Silver. Happy I stayed up. Off to bed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭displaced dub

ordered 32gb space grey hard to believe an instant 2-3 weeks, thought they would have had some, all be it, very limited stock.

anyway i still have me auld 4S to keep me going... The 4S Apples answer to the Nokia 6210!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Ordered now... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Dammit I can't decide! :o It's a lot of money if I'm to get the 32GB...

There seems to be some good options with the cloud storage stuff, so maybe I'd get away with the 16GB

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Waiting till the morning to see what Vodafone do but I'm sure I'll end up buying off Apple in the end..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

I went for 16gb. I had a 16gb 3Gs and never filled it. Now I have a POS Galaxy S3 and it only has 12 or 13gbs on it and its mostly **** that could be deleted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Just to keep in mind when deciding what GB size to get, the photos and videos will take up more space quicker on the 5S. Between slo mo video and burst mode photos, I'm glad I got the 32gb myself. I was using the camera a good over the weekend and burst mode is very easy to rack up 50-100 photos in a couple of seconds. You can easily delete the unwanted ones after but just keep this in mind when deciding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,967 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

yeah all the 1080p videos etc, photos, apps, music, I had a 16gig 4s and was at a christening in Spain during the summer and ran out of space on my 4S, so was franticly deleting apps to free up space to video some more. So made sure I picked up a 32gig 5 when I got back, no more deleting apps/music to free up space. I know its more expensive but if you can afford it go 32gig.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

F*ck it lads, I've gone for it, 32GB and all! :D YOLO!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

Nothing up on the Vodafone website yet...typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CitiGavin

No sign on the Three.ie website.

So much for that 'pre registering' lark :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

CitiGavin wrote: »
    No sign on the Three.ie website.

It was on the three website yesterday to order...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CitiGavin

So much for that 'pre registering' lark :rolleyes:

Pre register is so they can determine the intrest and decide on the price
    same as all the Iphones released on 3 and then they prioritise on new customers over upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 zuluchio

It is available on Vodafone is you try to upgrade your phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭a7k10rf6z8buel

It's not being advertised on the site, but I was able to upgrade to a 5s on Vodafone.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭a7k10rf6z8buel

zuluchio wrote: »
    It is available on Vodafone is you try to upgrade your phone

Beat me to it!

• Advertisement

Guess I'll pop down to Vodafone so...wish me luck!

Good luck and happy empty wallet, ahem excuse me, purse!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Looks like Three are screwing customers over again like last year. I dropped down to a SIM only plan for €20 and bought my 5s SIM free in Belfast. No contract and works out cheaper over 24 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

DylanII wrote: »
    It was on the three website yesterday to order...

All their shops are open since 8 this morning, you can get one today if your early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

All their shops are open since 8 this morning, you can get one today if your early.

Thinking of swapping over to three, just abit reluctant of all the horror stories about customer service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Gileadi wrote: »
    Thinking of swapping over to three, just abit reluctant of all the horror stories about customer service
    You won't really have much dealings with CS once you get a prepay SIM first & test to make sure your coverage is good enough wherever you usually are/go. If you're happy then switch, but don't switch until you have tested thoroughly first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Gileadi wrote: »

Go to a shop rather than buying online or over the phone, that's where most disaster stories come from.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭funstuff

When I go to upgrade the 5s is:

16GB Free
    32GB €99
    64GB €199

not bad prices in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

funstuff wrote: »
    When I go to upgrade the 5s is:

16GB Free
    32GB €99
    64GB €199

not bad prices in fairness

What price plan / carrier was that for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Just got an email from Three at 08.51:

It's finally arrived.
    The iPhone 5s has just arrived in stores. As you pre-registered with us we're letting you know ahead of anybody else.
    Available for upgrade from €119 with All You Can Eat Everything. All calls, all text and unlimited data for €55 a month.

Wasn't this on their website yesterday?! So much for pre-registering. Glad I went through the UK Apple store!

Advertisement