Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S release date Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭funstuff

MyWay Complete

anytime minutes
    unlimited
    anytime texts
    2GB
    data allowance
    Free VF-VF Calls and Texts

€65/month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

funstuff wrote: »
    MyWay Complete

anytime minutes
    unlimited
    anytime texts
    2GB
    data allowance
    Free VF-VF Calls and Texts

€65/month

Not bad, I ordered with Three, no discount whatsoever for upgrading which sucks. Customer loyalty means nothing these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

siobhanoh wrote: »
    Just got an email from Three at 08.51:

It's finally arrived.
    The iPhone 5s has just arrived in stores. As you pre-registered with us we're letting you know ahead of anybody else.
    Available for upgrade from €119 with All You Can Eat Everything. All calls, all text and unlimited data for €55 a month.

Wasn't this on their website yesterday?! So much for pre-registering. Glad I went through the UK Apple store!

Yeah the pre-register was a joke. I got this mail this morning too. Although someone had posted the link yesterday on here. But even then it was only for buying a new phone, not upgrading. Upgrade team even confirmed on the phone that they were available for new customers to buy online last night. Upgrades had to wait until today, nice...

Shiny new iPhone 5S in hand...delighted! :D cheers everyone for answering my noob questions :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

siobhanoh wrote: »
    Just got an email from Three at 08.51:

It's finally arrived.
    The iPhone 5s has just arrived in stores. As you pre-registered with us we're letting you know ahead of anybody else.
    Available for upgrade from €119 with All You Can Eat Everything. All calls, all text and unlimited data for €55 a month.

Wasn't this on their website yesterday?! So much for pre-registering. Glad I went through the UK Apple store!

More than you get with O2. I 'priority' registered last year and this. Have not received any communication on both occasions. Joke-shop

• Advertisement

Anyone have a link where I can check out the colours on the 5S? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Anyone have a link where I can check out the colours on the 5S? Thanks
    you haven't tried very hard have you? www.apple.com

you haven't tried very hard have you? www.apple.com

Thanks so much never thought of looking here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭murra

Is it me or are 02 and Vodafone's deals absolutely pathetic?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Razor Russ

More than you get with O2. I 'priority' registered last year and this. Have not received any communication on both occasions. Joke-shop

In fairness to o2, i pre-registered and got a phone call offering me a phone yesterday. went for a gold 5s and got handed it this morning by an post. great service imho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Razor Russ wrote: »
    In fairness to o2, i pre-registered and got a phone call offering me a phone yesterday. went for a gold 5s and got handed it this morning by an post. great service imho

Yes, but how much did it cost you ?

Razor Russ wrote: »

Jeez that is very frustrating! Was that on an upgrade or new customer?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Razor Russ

Jeez that is very frustrating! Was that on an upgrade or new customer?

an upgrade, i am not even a mega spender bill rarely goes above €70. the woman on the phone said she was handed a list of people to ring and offer phones. she had any colour and size i wanted. She also said she got lots of voice box's so if anyone had a missed call from a blocked no yesterday it was most likely O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

murra wrote: »
    Is it me or are 02 and Vodafone's deals absolutely pathetic?

I was looking at their plans too and have to agree they both are pathetic and you can add eMobile too in that list... Even though I'm with Three and their plan isn't too bad. I'm a bit reluctant to upgrade as they're notorious when it comes to unlocking the device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

Shiny new iPhone 5S in hand...delighted! :D cheers everyone for answering my noob questions :P

Who did you go with and what were stock levels like in store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Same here. And they want €389 for a 32gb upgrade if I want to keep my current plan :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Benimar wrote: »
    Same here. And they want €389 for a 32gb upgrade if I want to keep my current plan :eek:

Madness, the deals some of the networks are offering they may aswell be wearing balaclvas day light robbery.

But I am sure there is something to suit everyone's pocket. Happy iPhone shopping! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

Looking at the pre-paid deals O2's pre-paid isn't too bad. When you switch you get €20 off, so 5S 16GB is only 629.99 not bad I guess. And they're aren't that bad when it comes to unlocking the device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭LizzyBennet

Do you think the 5s will be in stores today for Pay as you go ?? Never had an Iphone so forgive me I have no idea how their launches go. The apple website says if i order i wount have it for 2-3 weeks !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Do you think the 5s will be in stores today for Pay as you go ?? Never had an Iphone so forgive me I have no idea how their launches go. The apple website says if i order i wount have it for 2-3 weeks !

It could be hit & miss, best bet would be to try a CarPhoneWarehouse see if they have any prepay stock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭LizzyBennet

It could be hit & miss, best bet would be to try a CarPhoneWarehouse see if they have any prepay stock.

Will do thanks :)

Vodafone, had the deal that best suits me (RED essentials, don't need much data as I'm in a wifi zone nearly all of the time!)

They were only giving 5S phones out to those who had their name down with them, luckily when I popped in yesterday evening to ask about their stock levels they offered to put my name down. You could pick up a 5C with them no problem though. They said they'd be getting more in next week.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I've just done the maths comparing the Total Cost of Ownership of getting an iPhone 5s 32GB subsidised, versus getting an unlocked one and going with 48months/TescoMobile €20 pay as you go plan and under every case (Vodafone/o2/Meteor/Three), the cost comes out at between €220 to €270 more expensive then buying sim free!!

And of course you have far more flexibility going sim free.

Add to that if you are going to be in the US or know someone who will be in the US over the next few months, you can save another €200 by buying one sim free over there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

bk wrote: »
    I've just done the maths comparing the Total Cost of Ownership of getting an iPhone 5s 32GB subsidised, versus getting an unlocked one and going with 48months/TescoMobile €20 pay as you go plan and under every case (Vodafone/o2/Meteor/Three), the cost comes out at between €220 to €270 more expensive then buying sim free!!

And of course you have far more flexibility going sim free.

Add to that if you are going to be in the US or know someone who will be in the US over the next few months, you can save another €200 by buying one sim free over there!
    on the other hand, 700 euro is a huge chunk of change to handing over for a phone*.

* says me who done it for the iphone 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

on the other hand, 700 euro is a huge chunk of change to handing over for a phone*.

* says me who done it for the iphone 5.

With the iPhone 5, I took it from the credit union and put in an extra €20 each month to pay myself back rather than a network!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Yes, that is the only valid reason why someone might get one. But as siobhanoh, better to save towards it if you can.

I was previously on Vodafone contract for my iPhone 4. When I finished the contract, I moved to 48months for 1/3 of the price, I've been putting the difference away in savings to pay for my eventual upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

bk wrote: »
    Yes, that is the only valid reason why someone might get one. But as siobhanoh, better to save towards it if you can.

I was previously on Vodafone contract for my iPhone 4. When I finished the contract, I moved to 48months for 1/3 of the price, I've been putting the difference away in savings to pay for my eventual upgrade.

I have been doing the exact same since the iPhone 4. I now have the 32gb space grey bought in Belfast that will yield even more savings and use 48.

how do you buy iphone in uk online from apple? is the delivery free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭username?!

Just picked up a 5s in silver 32gb for 199 on 55 a month plan from Vodafone in blanch store. Queue was building up behind me and they said they only got 3 of the version I picked up.

• Advertisement

username?! wrote: »
    Just picked up a 5s in silver 32gb for 199 on 55 a month plan from Vodafone in blanch store. Queue was building up behind me and they said they only got 3 of the version I picked up.

what does the 55 a month give you?

Advertisement