Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S release date Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

murra wrote: »
    how do you buy iphone in uk online from apple? is the delivery free?

Set up a Parcel Motel account and you get it delivered to their office in Newry (for free UK delivery). They will transfer it to your local Parcel Motel (usually within a day) and they charge €3.50 for this.

However they only insure items up to €100 so it is a risk.

This thread is full of examples of people using Parcel Motel with no issues :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

What are the stick levels like around the countryon Vodafone? I've been trying to get a gold 32gb all morning to no avail. Carphone warehouse in Clonmel told me they got 1 5s and 1 5c in total. Vodafone store in Waterford told me they've no gold nor did they get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Razor Russ wrote: »
    an upgrade, i am not even a mega spender bill rarely goes above €70. the woman on the phone said she was handed a list of people to ring and offer phones. she had any colour and size i wanted. She also said she got lots of voice box's so if anyone had a missed call from a blocked no yesterday it was most likely O2.

Ya upgrade here as well. Went to my local store & there out til next week. Well done to you, glad to see someone availing of registering for priority

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭funstuff

Bought the 32GB Space Grey online this morning with vodafone - delivery on Tuesday with the bank holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

Vodafone, had the deal that best suits me (RED essentials, don't need much data as I'm in a wifi zone nearly all of the time!)

Strange .. you still cant buy from the vodafone website :(.

• Advertisement

Can with an upgrade only which is strange

Was on €65 a month with same as below only no new phone every year and only 2GB of data

Your Plan
    RED Super €75.00
    unlimited calls to any network
    unlimited texts to any network
    500 worldwide minutes
    500 worldwide texts
    6GB data
    new phone every year
    24 month contract
    Add-ons:
    RED Roaming
    Total Monthly Cost:
    €75.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭username?!

what does the 55 a month give you?

free any network calls and texts

100 world minutes and texts

2gb data

Will do me fine, the phone was a steal!

What is the cost of that plan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭inthezone

Anyone know when the prepay iPhone 5s will be available by the carriers?

Also, I apologize for my noobiness on the matter, but am I at any disadvantage if I order my iPhone from apple.ie and just insert my own 3 simcard? I may not have the money at the moment for it, but I'm terrified of bill pay and I don't think I could deal with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

username?! wrote: »

2gb data

It really wasn't.

YOu need to add the monthly increase on .

For example I was on €50 a month with Meteor but would now cost me €59 that's €216 extra for the phone over a 24 month contract. I could also go €49 a month and pay €129 which works out cheaper for bigger initial outlay.

A lot of people don't seem to calculate this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭murra

username?! wrote: »

2gb data

its not too bad. they will fleece you with 2gb internet, you might think you wont use 2 gb but with 4g you will absolute tear through it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

inthezone wrote: »
    Anyone know when the prepay iPhone 5s will be available by the carriers?

Also, I apologize for my noobiness on the matter, but am I at any disadvantage if I order my iPhone from apple.ie and just insert my own 3 simcard? I may not have the money at the moment for it, but I'm terrified of bill pay and I don't think I could deal with it!

It'll probably be a few weeks after they sort out bill pay customers. For the difference in price, buy it from Apple.

its not too bad. they will fleece you with 2gb internet, you might think you wont use 2 gb but with 4g you will absolute tear through it.

Why though?

Would you use more content just because the network is faster?

Always been fine before. I dont stream videos / music and i'm always on Wifi.

Plan and initial phone purchase price suited me fine anyway.

murpho999 wrote: »
    It really wasn't.

YOu need to add the monthly increase on .

For example I was on €50 a month with Meteor but would now cost me €59 that's €216 extra for the phone over a 24 month contract. I could also go €49 a month and pay €129 which works out cheaper for bigger initial outlay.

A lot of people don't seem to calculate this.

For a 32gb version on Meteor? I'm pretty sure thats for a 16gb.

My plan has come down by 10 euro too so no complains. Was on 65 a month.

So i'm happy enough with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭murra

Why though?

Would you use more content just because the network is faster?

Well to watch 1 hour of netflix with HD on 4g will use between 1gb and 2.8 gb per hour.

Notice how there is no mention of 4g prices if you go over your limit.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Just because you have 4G signal, doesnt mean you will use more internet as such. If you still used the device in the same way, you will be using the same amout of Data, it will just stream quicker, and open quicker.

For example, if you got the bus to work everyday, and listened to the FM104 app, you are still using the same amount of dat on 3G or 4G as the journey is the same and length of time on the internet.

Now, because of the increased speed, it is possible that you will use a bit more as your time waiting on pages to load will have reduced, but i dont think we will fly through data unless you stream movies everyday, but if you didnt stream, movies everyday on 3G, then theres no need to start it on 4G.
    Well to watch 1 hour of netflix with HD on 4g will use between 1gb and 2.8 gb per hour.

But watching that same movie on 3G uses the same data, so i dont see the problem?

I can do that on 3g now and I don't because of data caps.

I don't see why your use would increase with a faster network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭inthezone

whiterebel wrote: »
    It'll probably be a few weeks after they sort out bill pay customers. For the difference in price, buy it from Apple.

Thanks! What makes a prepay customer buy an iPhone from a carrier above the Apple website though? I don't want to miss out anything.

• Advertisement

inthezone wrote: »
    Thanks! What makes a prepay customer buy an iPhone from a carrier above the Apple website though? I don't want to miss out anything.

I don't think there is any other reason than that you can pick it up in store rather than get delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Vodafone won't let me upgrade a month early so I'm going to ring them back and cancel my account & switch to 48.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Vodafone Newbridge got one gold 5s this morning, luckily I was the only person in the queue this morning so picked it up. They had plenty of the other colours though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Vodafone won't let me upgrade a month early so I'm going to ring them back and cancel my account & switch to 48.

That's strange. A friend of mine just said on facebook that vodafone are letting him upgrade FIVE months early!:eek: Maybe it's because he is a minor celeb... (term used loosely).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭LizzyBennet

Went to meteor and Car phone ware house no 5C OR 5s for pre pay yet :( Dont think I will order from Apple the charge extra because the phone is unlocked and says it will take 2-3 weeks to dispatch :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

siobhanoh wrote: »
    That's strange. A friend of mine just said on facebook that vodafone are letting him upgrade FIVE months early!:eek: Maybe it's because he is a minor celeb... (term used loosely).

He could be on a red super

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

siobhanoh wrote: »

He could be on a red super plan where you can upgrade 12 months early...

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Vodafone Newbridge got one gold 5s this morning, luckily I was the only person in the queue this morning so picked it up. They had plenty of the other colours though.

So there was no queue then!:)

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

So there was no queue then!:)

Strangely enough no
    :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Brera

I dropped into Carphone Warehouse and the Vodafone store this morning on my way to work at around 9.15 in Kilkenny

They hadn't received any in either shop - they were still waiting on the delivery.

I was told the Carphone Warehouse were only getting 1 each of the 5S and 5C from Vodafone !

Advertisement