Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S release date Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Casamir

Price from Apple is 699 for 16Gb 5s (2-3 weeks delivery)

Price from Three is 649 for 16Gb 5s (delivery next Tuesday to my door)

Would I still be better off buying from Apple rather than Three even though it's more expensive and has a much longer delivery time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Casamir wrote: »

Would I still be better off buying from Apple rather than Three even though it's more expensive and has a much longer delivery time?

If go with three - if your prepay they will unlock it for you anyway after you spend 120 worth of call credit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

Think the only difference would be the 3 phone is locked to 3 wouldn't it?

I may be suspicious but I believe that some kind of dealings is done between Apple and the carriers whereby Apple hold back on the delivery times so that the carriers can get there foot in the door early with customers. It's the same every year!
    And at the end of the day Apple get their money either way.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

murra wrote: »
    Well to watch 1 hour of netflix with HD on 4g will use between 1gb and 2.8 gb per hour.

Notice how there is no mention of 4g prices if you go over your limit.

Meteor have unlimited data on all 4g plans until March next year, i'm sure you'll be able to buy an unlimited data plan and add it to your tarriff if you find yourself going over.

The phone from 3, will get to you quicker, but it will be locked to three, and they'll charge you a nice few quid to unlock it from their network if you ever decide to jump ship.

I also wanted to get apple care with my iphone but can't if buying from three.

http://ie.protectyourbubble.com/gadget-insurance/quote-options.html

Would this website be pretty much the same as apple care? (cover for one year only though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Would this website be pretty much the same as apple care? (cover for one year only though)

you can buy it through the phone from Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Razor Russ

you can get apple care +, you just need to ring them to verify the purchase date and eligibility. if you bought on line with apple you could have done it through the website. the phone call is the extra step when you don't buy through apple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

I ordered the 16gb 5s yesterday from Meteor, doesn't look like I'm getting it until Tuesday now. Was hoping it would arrive today. Any one else order through meteor yesterday that have got it today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

ordered mine from VF today, getting it tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭billywilly

Vodafone can f**k right off from now on,
    never again will i deal with them twats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

billywilly wrote: »

Oh No :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

billywilly wrote: »

What did they do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Vodafone prices up now.

Am I reading them wrong that they seem better than the others?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

murpho999 wrote: »
    Vodafone prices up now.

Vodafone Red plan is better than O2 Open 55 plan, and you only have to pay 99 compared to 179 with O2. But I think 3's classic flex for 40.66/month and 179 upfront seems the best value, but only gripe would be they won't unlock your phone until the end of contract where as Vodafone and O2 are not that rigid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

murpho999 wrote: »
    Vodafone prices up now.

I think you must be reading them wrong alright!

imtdub wrote: »
    Vodafone Red plan is better than O2 Open 55 plan, and you only have to pay 99 compared to 179 with O2. But I think 3's classic flex for 40.66/month and 179 upfront seems the best value, but only gripe would be they won't unlock your phone until the end of contract where as Vodafone and O2 are not that rigid.

Thanks, I wouldn't go near O2 as their prices are crazy.

Currently with Meteor but not happy that my 'upgrade' seems to offer nothing.

Would consider "3" as the plan is a good price but just worried about their coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Eddie2008

I ordered mine this morning from o2. Used one of these promo codes and got a few quid off - actually worked; 10% and 20% available:

http://promotionalcodes.ie/o2-ireland-phone-broadband-discount/

Razor Russ wrote: »
    you can get apple care +, you just need to ring them to verify the purchase date and eligibility. if you bought on line with apple you could have done it through the website. the phone call is the extra step when you don't buy through apple

I rang apple and was told if I buy from three, I can't get apple care +. They said I have to buy from apple in order to get it? Is this correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

That is totally wrong. If what you have is an iPhone, theres no reason why they wont let you protect it.

miralize wrote: »
    That is totally wrong. If what you have is an iPhone, theres no reason why they wont let you protect it.

Just made another phone call to their technical support unit and they said I could even if I buy from three :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

For those wishing to go down the buy from the UK and parcel motel route, you may be interested to know that PM now offer extended liability (increased insurance). Seems they will insure up to 500e for 2 weeks for an additional 3.50 and 1000e for 7e.

Seeing that the phones work out circa 50e cheaper from the UK apple store it seems useful to add the additional insurance for the package for increased peace of mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is Apple Care Plus available in Ireland? I didn't think it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭asif2011

Sure is for the iPhone... link here

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It's a recent addition to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭napplechunks

So was expecting the 5s to be sold out this morning at the 3 store on grafton st...

Approaching I noticed there was no massive queue ?!.. oh well they must be out of stock should've gotten up earlier (it was 11am)
    Lo and behold the store appeared to have loads of 'em - I wandered up and bought one ;-) €139 24 mths

Happy with it overall, its a very nice phone and a good upgrade from the 4S I have...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

If I can catch O2 at the right time I can get a 16gb 5S for € 219 or a 32gb for € 339 on a Gold24 upgrade. Seems reasonable enough.

I haven't upgraded in a long time though since I got a 4S.

Not sure if there's vat on top of that. I'm on a €36 a month business plan between data and calls, plus another €16 for broadband, all on the one bill.

I'm curious enough about the 5S but not certain that I would keep it.

Gekko wrote: »
    If I can catch O2 at the right time I can get a 16gb 5S for € 219 or a 32gb for € 339 on a Gold24 upgrade. Seems reasonable enough.

I haven't upgraded in a long time though since I got a 4S.

Not sure if there's vat on top of that. I'm on a €36 a month business plan between data and calls, plus another €16 for broadband, all on the one bill.

I'm curious enough about the 5S but not certain that I would keep it.

I really find that expensive.

How much data is with that? I was amazed 2 years ago when O2 thought that 500mb was generous!

Dermighty wrote: »
    It's €349.99 on the Meteor store, €55/month with 3Gb of data. That's laughably bad!

THat's not what I see , Shows €129 here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Whats apple care?

I ordered from apple this morning Gold one... 2 weeks of a wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭space2ground1

I'm miles from a decent net connection here and just wondering can anyone post the basics of the cost of the 5S & Monthly charge on Vodafone billpay please?

Thank you!

Advertisement