Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S release date Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

you could pick up a second hand 4s in perfect condition for half that price. When the 5s comes out I will be selling my 4s, as will a lot of people I assume. Mine is in perfect condition and Envirofone are only offering 192 so I would be hoping to sell on the open market for around 220.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

davo2001 wrote: »
    Hi all,

What is the release date for the 5S in Ireland (if there is one yet?) Some articles online are pointing at December?

Supposedly you can go into any three store from tomorrow and pre-order to collect it from the same store in two weeks, all the price plans and packages will be available to see

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Any word on a release yet?Always been android but my S3 is doing my nut in so dying to try apple.Patience gone with Samsung,have had problems with both S3 and S2.Had a htc before that and will never go back to them again.Time for a change I reckon :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I've heard rumours of December for Ireland. I'm in the UK and am getting one for my sister in Ireland. Even then, I ordered online on the release day at around 8am and was still given "October" as the shipping date. It's likely they'll sort out supply issues in the large markets before the full rollout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Any idea of what price we can expect the iPhone 5 to drop to?

• Advertisement

srumball wrote: »
    Any idea of what price we can expect the iPhone 5 to drop to?

Keep in mind that the 5 is now not being produced any more so it's just old stock that they are shifting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

waggyy wrote: »
    The 4s has gone down in price on the apple store to €400, but its only in 8GB. I can get it on the vodafone store a 16GB for €600. Is there anywhere I can get the 16GB for cheaper? do you think it will come down in price more with the new 5C and 5S or will the iPhone 5 come down in price? What should I go for?

The €400 price is the preparation price for the 5S and 5C. It may drop down to €380 in the future to price match the 4, but I wouldn't count on it.

so €400 sim free at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

srumball wrote: »
    so €400 sim free at the moment?

Assuming you're buying from Apple, then yes.
    Most networks would lock the device to their own SIM's.

I cant find any iPhones 5 on the apple site I think they stopped making them after the new ones came out. Will have to look in the classifieds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭billywilly

I rang vodafone last week about the 5s and was informed that it was in england at the moment and ireland is normally 2 weeks after,
    so going by that it should be this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 waggyy

On valuebasket.com you can buy the iPhone 5c for only €523. Does anyone know if this website is safe? I am hesitant on buying on this website so if anyone bought on this before it would be very helpful!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

billywilly wrote: »
    I rang vodafone last week about the 5s and was informed that it was in england at the moment and ireland is normally 2 weeks after,

It's i England since the 20th September. The Vodafone agent knows no more than anybody on this thread as to IRL release dates at the moment.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

kceire wrote: »
    It's i England since the 20th September. The Vodafone agent knows no more than anybody on this thread as to IRL release dates at the moment.

True , I was speaking with a friend today who is a CC manager in Vodafone and he is not aware of any date yet ! but I will be signing up when he does !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

billywilly wrote: »

I really don't understand why people think workers with the networks have an insight into iPhone delivery times.

The 2 weeks you are referring to refers to the last two iPhone releases but Ireland was announced as one of the countries in the launch presentation by Apple in the second wave release so it was known to everyone not just the networks.

That was not the case this year at the 5s announcement so the launch date here is unknown.
    A date won't be know until Apple offically announce it not when a call centre employee thinks so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

On Apple.com it has a contract free T-Mobile 32gb 5s for 750 dollars,which is roughly about 550 odd euro.It also states "When you travel internationally, you can use a nano-SIM card for iPhone 5s from a local GSM carrier".So what if I ordered it directly from there?What about the chargers?I know they operate a different Voltage in the States.Would the phone charge and operate alright over here?Isnt there issues with American electronics due to the voltage difference.Seems a decent buy at 550 otherwise??Any thoughts?

dbagman wrote: »
    On Apple.com it has a contract free T-Mobile 32gb 5s for 750 dollars,which is roughly about 550 odd euro.It also states "When you travel internationally, you can use a nano-SIM card for iPhone 5s from a local GSM carrier".So what if I ordered it directly from there?What about the chargers?I know they operate a different Voltage in the States.Would the phone charge and operate alright over here?Isnt there issues with American electronics due to the voltage difference.Seems a decent buy at 550 otherwise??Any thoughts?

How are you going to get it into Ireland. Customs will charge you tax and Apple probably won't ship it overseas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭billywilly

murpho999 wrote: »
    I really don't understand why people think workers with the networks have an insight into iPhone delivery times.

The 2 weeks you are referring to refers to the last two iPhone releases but Ireland was announced as one of the countries in the launch presentation by Apple in the second wave release so it was known to everyone not just the networks.

That was not the case this year at the 5s announcement so the launch date here is unknown.
    A date won't be know until Apple offically announce it not when a call centre employee thinks so.

The Girl said its "NORMALLY" 2 WEEKS after england, I didn't say it was certain and neither did she. So get off your high horse mr know all.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

^^^^ probably not the place to ask but what's with the yellow card never seen that before.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

wush06 wrote: »
    ^^^^ probably not the place to ask but what's with the yellow card never seen that before.

The poster has been issued with a warning/infraction for that particular post

Got my dispatch notification earlier today. Ordered two weeks ago. Due for delivery next Friday.

Sorry it's gonna take a while for them to get around to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

Have heard it will be the available in Ireland in the first few days of November

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mark26

Bought a brand new iPhone 5 c 32 GB on eBay on Wednesday for €579.00, it arrived by DHL Friday morning so I'm happy enough with that. The guy selling them had a fair few 5s and 5c's for sale but they were all sold out within 24 hrs. In fairness he was selling at reasonable prices, not trying to rip people off.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

This is a joke still no release date, there going to lose customers here I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

If one does not have the patience to wait for the release over here, what's the best option for getting one from the UK?

I'm with Three, but I guess it should be possible to get an unlocked one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Dave! wrote: »
    If one does not have the patience to wait for the release over here, what's the best option for getting one from the UK?

I'm with Three, but I guess it should be possible to get an unlocked one?

Go to Belfast and buy one. You could also buy from the uk store and get it shipped with parcel motel although they only cover something upto €100 but others have used it in the past with no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Does anyone else find it insulting that Apple have their European headquarters here in Ireland yet we are not even considered a second tier country in their eyes? I personally think it's very insulting of them, our country and people are good enough to base their euro HQ but were not good enough to be included with the UK for sales even to provide a limited supply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

CJC999 wrote: »
    Does anyone else find it insulting that Apple have their European headquarters here in Ireland yet we are not even considered a second tier country in their eyes? I personally think it's very insulting of them, our country and people are good enough to base their euro HQ but were not good enough to be included with the UK for sales even to provide a limited supply.

+1. In fact I was going to email Tim Cook & express this opinion but figured he most likely has his emails filtered by someone from his office. Who may or may not pass the critism onto him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

tomtom101 wrote: »
    ... But the 1st tier countries are the ones where apple is going to get the best sales - like the UK has almost 12 times the population of Ireland!!

If that's the case then it's even more insulting as all they would have had to do is up their uk total by 1/12th and include Ireland in it.

Advertisement