Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S release date Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I'm working on an excel doc showing you how much each plan will cost over the length of your contract. How do you upload docs to Boards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

murpho999 wrote: »
    I really find that expensive.

How much data is with that? I was amazed 2 years ago when O2 thought that 500mb was generous!

The data deal is I have a data only sim on my iPhone. It's only 700mb which isn't enough so I should probably try and change that.

I should probably do some research and look at the comparisons to see if they're ripping me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Ordered a 16GB today from Apple does anyone know if the delivery is actually faster than 2-3 weeks? say from when you ordered for iPhone5?

If anyone is interested called Vodafone Letterkenny (the one at retail park) today 11am they only got x2 ! both for existing customers. Apple store Belfast had none at noon so stumped for online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

dmcg90 wrote: »
    I'm working on an excel doc showing you how much each plan will cost over the length of your contract. How do you upload docs to Boards?

Click "Go Advanced" and then click on the paper clip. Or you could upload to google docs and post a link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I got mine off 3 as a upgrade €159 for 16gb and €40 a month

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭LizzyBennet

Tried meteor and carphone warehouse in liffey valley today no Iphones for Pay as you go customers , but got it in Blanch meteor just in case anyone is trying to find them pay as you go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Kinda pissed that O2 customers who ordered yesterday got them today, but meteor couldn't ship the phones out yesterday.

Baxtards, I need a new toy to ease the pain of working a bank holiday weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 waggyy

If you go into any phone shop and ask for a pay as you go iPhone 5s/5c will you get one? On the website's the only one I can see that is selling a pay as you go iPhone 5c is o2. I am currently on vodafone, and if I went into a store tomorrow to buy a pay as you go phone would I get it? On the website all it says is bill pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I'd recommend buying SIM free from Apple and waiting the couple of weeks for delivery.

Thats what I done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Wait, what's this about deposits? Why would I need to give a deposit if I'm paying for the phone upfront? I don't have an extra 250/300 quid on top of the phone cost o.O

Deposits are sought where the network consider the customer to pose some sort of risk to the agreement.

At the end of the day, if you are getting a phone on a contract, you are undertaking hire purchase. It amuses me that everyone comes into the shop and says 'but sure its cheaper to buy the phone up front' in a manner which suggests they've discovered the secret of the holy grail.

Hire purchase with a handset requires a credit check. You will pay a little more over the term of a contract to get the phone.

Deposits are involved, as mentioned, where the network are concerned that there is too much of a risk to hand out a phone on direct debit alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 waggyy

Are you looking for a 5s or 5c? The 5s stock is much more limited that the 5c.

If you're getting it on PAYG you'd be mad to buy it from a network. There is very little in the price between buying from a network and buying direct from Apple. All the networks have a minimum spend before they will unlock the phone (e.g Vodafone-€127 on the past 6 months).

I'd recommend buying SIM free from Apple and waiting the couple of weeks for delivery.

Thank you!
    I'm thinking of buying a 5c because it's cheaper, it's €600 on the apple store, but only €530 on the O2 store PAYG. Should I go for it? I am not on o2 though but I can always change.
    Vodafone have not brought down there 16GB 4S yet, it's still €600. Do you think that will come down yet with the new ones out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

waggyy wrote: »
    If you go into any phone shop and ask for a pay as you go iPhone 5s/5c will you get one? On the website's the only one I can see that is selling a pay as you go iPhone 5c is o2. I am currently on vodafone, and if I went into a store tomorrow to buy a pay as you go phone would I get it? On the website all it says is bill pay.

Just from the store I'm working in.

All systems are set up to sell the phones on bill pay only to satisfy the bill pay pre orders. I imagine this is across the board/

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

Ive the 5 since 12 months ago. Am on €35 a month with Vodafone and have 11 months contract left. What's my best and cheapest option to get out of this and buy 5s with new contract from them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

eeloe wrote: »
    Kinda pissed that O2 customers who ordered yesterday got them today, but meteor couldn't ship the phones out yesterday.

Baxtards, I need a new toy to ease the pain of working a bank holiday weekend!
    Just got an e-mail saying it has dispatched. Was onto customer care earlier and they were saying that they usually deliver on a Saturday on bank holiday weekends. So hopefully have it tomorrow.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

slookie wrote: »
    Ive the 5 since 12 months ago. Am on €35 a month with Vodafone and have 11 months contract left. What's my best and cheapest option to get out of this and buy 5s with new contract from them?

Wait for the 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

Ya but thats another year away...plus ive a crack on the screen that i need to get fixed...anyone recommend somewhere cheap in limericl area?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

I was looking to get a 32gb 5s on Three in Killarney today.
    The 3 store got six 16gb iphone 5s in stock today, but all were pre-reserved. The CPW only got three 5c in stock, and no 5s on the 3 network. Bit underwhelming to say the least.
    After chatting to the manager in CPW he said that it was mostly 16gb phones they got in stock, except for Vodafone who sent out 64gb phones.

The 3 store did order a 32gb 5s for me after I completed a credit check, so fingers crossed it should be delivered tomorrow (technically today, Saturday).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

iPhone 5S Price Comparison Spreadsheet:

I've been working on this last night, I only got Three, Meteor and eMobile done so I'll be adding Vodafone and O2 over the weekend.

Any suggestions, feedback, etc. is welcome.

I'll be expanding this to the other sizes too when I have time. I think this should be pretty handy when trying to figure out which iPhone plan is cheapest for you in the long run.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkJWCt2_BMGsdEk0d0N2LTE5UXgtNEZJSnJYRXZBeGc&usp=sharing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Ah my order says dispatched but I said deliver to work thinking it be Tuesday :-(
    Wonder would they ring me when they can't deliver as it will be shut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Regarding the spreadsheet it'd be interesting to see what the savings would be made if someone dropped from high to low plans half way through contract.

Out of interest does anyone have any recommendations for iPhone insurers? Thinking about taking out student home insurance and putting it on it but uncertain whether the policy will cover enough scenarios to make it worthwhile...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

slookie wrote: »

Wait for the 6. Aside from the fingerprint scanner there is literally no major reason to get the 5S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Whats the earliest upgrade people have got from vodafone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Out of interest does anyone have any recommendations for iPhone insurers? Thinking about taking out student home insurance and putting it on it but uncertain whether the policy will cover enough scenarios to make it worthwhile...

I recently went with gadget insurance €6.79 per month which covers theft, water damge and loss cover is included. They will also cover your phone costs if someone's ran up a bill on your phone up to maximum of €100. Cheapest policy I could find but the cover is fine for the cost. They will cover your device up to a maximum of €750.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Whats the earliest upgrade people have got from vodafone?
    Depends on contract and if you spend an extra 10 to update a year early on 24 mth contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 apple5s

I checked. Most insurers cover phones to the value of 200 euros. If you buy the iphone 5s 64gb you need to specifically insure it. otherwise if its stolen they won't pay our 900 euros to buy a new one.

I think vodafone do insurance, but its very expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

rodento wrote: »
    Depends on contract and if you send an extra 10 to update a year early on 24 mth contract

due an upgrade the first week in december paying 65 a month

• Advertisement

apple5s wrote: »
    I checked. Most insurers cover phones to the value of 200 euros. If you buy the iphone 5s 64gb you need to specifically insure it. otherwise if its stolen they won't pay our 900 euros to buy a new one.

I think vodafone do insurance, but its very expensive.

The insurer I was looking at has 3 price brackets, the highest of which covers phones up to a value of €1000 for €130 a year, but will also cover all my other stuff! I think I just need to look at the fine print to see if they cover everything that could happen and won't be a pain in the hole to make a claim off

Advertisement