Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S release date Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

i signed up for meteor offer thats on special right now any network texts & calls plus 1gb of date for €30 a month, and untill march you actually get 16gb of data

And in the process form a very expensive habit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

If anyone is looking for an iPhone 5s some Vodafone stores (dundrum being one) still seems to have some stock of the 64gb model. Just don't opt for the guaranteed upgrade if you go with vodafone and get a non-16gb model. See why here: http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057069807/1/#post87214490

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭TrueIt

Can't wait to get my hands on this phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭QueenBee1

has the release date been announced yet?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

QueenBee1 wrote: »
    has the release date been announced yet?

Yes I think it has. Last Friday it was launched :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

What's Meteor's 3G coverage like in Kildare?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

So to confirm, if i sign a new 2 year contract with vodafone, the €35 a month red essential plan, the iphone 5s 16gb is gonna cost me €199?

Jese, the 4s was €169 for a similar plan 2 years ago and i thought that was dear considering the length of contact being signed.

yep that's the deal, got the exact one on Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

yep that's the deal, got the exact one on Friday

It comes though with only 500mb data.

Really, how is that sufficient for any smartphone user?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

murpho999 wrote: »

Agreed but all depends on the user & what they think is best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

rodento wrote: »
    And in the process form a very expensive habit...

So what! It's only a one month rolling contract. You have the option to give a month's notice and move to a competing 4g carrier next March. Unlimited 4g till then😉

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

murpho999 wrote: »

It perfect for me. I use around 300 - 400mb data every month as i have poor 3G reception where i live. 95% of the time i use wifi.

Even though i have yet to get the 5S, i already have got an otterbox defender case for it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Agreed but all depends on the user & what they think is best.

But seriously Vodafone and O2 are miles behind on their data plans. I drive to and from work and college every day so I'm not sitting on a train or bus using data and I still push a 1 GB a month and I often exceed it. 500MB on Vodafone represents poor value now. O2 are even worse. Fair enough if you live in an area with poor signal and your choice is restricted but no way should anyone be overpaying for two really poor services.

I agree it wouldn't be enough for the average user but I live and work in a wifi zone and travel quite little so am on a wifi network 95% of the time. On my previous phone I only ever used 100-200mb a month and that was with it not connected to wifi so even taking into account increased usage on my iPhone I'm pretty sure 500mb would be plenty for me.

The plans on other networks with lots of data are all either too expensive for me or don't offer things which are more important to me like free any network texts. I'm very happy with the plan I'm on, and considering I was spending 20pm on my phone credit previous to now anyway, the cost of my iPhone is only €199 + (15x24) which is €559, I think that's pretty good!

The O2 plans are especially bad though imo, I just moved from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

the cost of my iPhone is only €199 + (15x24) which is €559, I think that's pretty good!

Wow, what plan is that??

Vodafone RED Essentials. It's €35pm and the phone is €199. So overall cost for the length of the contract is €1039, but for me I consider the phone cost to be the upfront cost plus the extra amount I'm spending per month over what I was spending on prepay beforehand (€35 vs €20) So that's where I got the €559 figure from!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Vodafone RED Essentials. It's €35pm and the phone is €199. So overall cost for the length of the contract is €1039, but for me I consider the phone cost to be the upfront cost plus the extra amount I'm spending per month over what I was spending on prepay beforehand (€35 vs €20) So that's where I got the €559 figure from!

Ah right, that explains it!

What about upgrades?

What do you mean, like getting a phone upgrade? On the plan you'd be eligible for an upgrade at the end of the 2 yr contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭bigron2109

What's stock levels like in meteor stores folks ? Been away since last Friday but coming home today and I'm hoping to pick one up from a meteor shop in Dublin as I'm due a upgrade with meteor .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Bit off topic but has anyone got the silver version of the 5s? Do you like it? I've a choice between it and the space grey for my upgrade and I don't know what to go with. I've the grey iPhone 5 so kind of fancy a change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Isn't the space grey a different colour than the iPhone 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭napplechunks

guil wrote: »
    Isn't the space grey a different colour than the iPhone 5?

Certainly thought so. My 5S has a grey and black back, instead of the all black 5 edition..

Am I right ??!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Oh, didn't realise! After a quick Google it would seem you're right.

EDIT: Went with the silver anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Duff wrote: »
    Bit off topic but has anyone got the silver version of the 5s? Do you like it? I've a choice between it and the space grey for my upgrade and I don't know what to go with. I've the grey iPhone 5 so kind of fancy a change.

I've had black iPhones since the first black iPhone came out, but with iOS 7 being so bright and white I decided to jump ship to white iPhones. I got a 5S from eBay (which I ended up sending back because it had a scratch on it) and really liked the white. It really works best with iOS 7 so I'd really recommend getting the white one.

Another thing that put me off the slate grey was that the black edges are now grey, and it's not as nice as the iPhone 5. Reminiscent of the 4/4S design, which is good, but a bit dated now for me.

The black one looks better with the screen off but the white is better with the screen on, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭LizzyBennet

bigron2109 wrote: »
    What's stock levels like in meteor stores folks ? Been away since last Friday but coming home today and I'm hoping to pick one up from a meteor shop in Dublin as I'm due a upgrade with meteor .

I couldn't get one in liffey valley but got it in Blanch , That's pay as you go though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,614 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Anyone know stock on o2 in store at the moment? I've tried ringing all of my locals but none of them will pick up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Duff wrote: »

To be honest, it's virtually the same as the white iPhone 5. I'm literally holding both in my hands right now and the colour is virtually the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

errlloyd wrote: »
    Anyone know stock on o2 in store at the moment? I've tried ringing all of my locals but none of them will pick up.

Why don't you just go to O2 website and order there? They will deliver very quickly if in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Conway635

Got my 5S delivered from Vodafone today, but they sent the wrong SIM with it (Micro rather than Nano). Called 1907, and they can't send me one as they are out of stock, told me to try visiting the stores to see if I can get one.

A big disappointment - not only can I not use my new phone, but now I have to take time off work . .

C635

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Im with Three and have a micro SIM. I ordered the 5S off the Apple site. Do I need to get a nano SIM off Three now? Anyone know how I do this?

I assume they'll have to switch off the micro one if so? Fcuk sake!!!

Advertisement