Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S release date Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

Just head into your local Three store and ask for a nano SIM. It shouldn't take long.

I do think it's ridiculous that you have to switch from a micro SIM to a nano SIM. The size difference is so negligible, there are only a few phones that use nano SIM as far as I know (Moto X and iPhone 5/5c/5s)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

makoten wrote: »
    Just head into your local Three store and ask for a nano SIM. It shouldn't take long.

I do think it's ridiculous that you have to switch from a micro SIM to a nano SIM. The size difference is so negligible, there are only a few phones that use nano SIM as far as I know (Moto X and iPhone 5/5c/5s)
    when you're cramming probably one of the world's smartest computers into something that's less than a centimetre thin, the difference from micro to nano is HUGE :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Anyone know if Vodafone's upgrade tracker delivered, actually means delivered or just posted...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

when you're cramming probably one of the world's smartest computers into something that's less than a centimetre thin, the difference from micro to nano is HUGE :pac:

I understand the reasoning behind this. What I don't get is why didn't all the phone makers skip the micro-SIM standard directly and use nano-SIM instead. Surely that would make things (or make SIMs :P) more convenient for the consumer, since they literally can't make them any smaller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

Is there any reason why there is no option to buy the 5S on prepay on the 3 website?
    It's €40 cheaper than buying it from Apple directly.

Also, do I need to get a new sim from Apple if I already have a 3 simcard? Because I don't want to lose my credit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Is there any reason why there is no option to buy the 5S on prepay on the 3 website?

Also, do I need to get a new sim from Apple if I already have a 3 simcard? Because I don't want to lose my credit.

You could ask over at the Three forum: Three

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Just cut your micro sim down to a nano. I did it with one from a 4s to fit my 5. Just need a steady hand and sharp scissors.

I'm wondering whether I should start up a €40 contract with 3 for 24 months or just continue €20 prepay, it works out roughly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 caseyphl

Has anyone managed to get a 5s on a 12 month contract ? eMobile have offered me 16gb for 190 with 69 per month. Has anyone got any cheaper monthly tariff for 12 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I'm with 48.. I've a 4s which has micro sim in it.. I need a nano for the 5s I take it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Danielle2054

Was in Carphone Warehouse as i was looking to buy it on prepay also... The guy i was dealing with said they dont come out on prepay on any network until 3-4 weeks after its been realised on bill pay... Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Any idea when Apple are enabling 4G in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Its the provider that determine the 4G network,

I was in the US and if I remember my iPhone 5 picked up a 4G network..

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Its the provider that determine the 4G network,

I was in the US and if I remember my iPhone 5 picked up a 4G network..

Yeah but Apple haven't enabled it yet for any 4G provider in Ireland.

See this list:
    http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Yes, I was on the phone to Tim Cook last night and he assured me that they will get to this .....eventually.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Apple are currently testing Meteors 4G network. I heard next month as a rough time frame (as in November).

This is probably a stupid question but if I buy it online from Apple, I can use it as a Prepay phone right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

This is probably a stupid question but if I buy it online from Apple, I can use it as a Prepay phone right?

Yep you can

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Have rang around most of the meteor shops in Dublin and none seem to have any 16 gigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

Got onto meteor earlier, they're getting the 32gb next week sometime

I think just ordering from Apple is the easiest solution. Considering I change my network a lot to get better deals, it would be handy to not have it unlocked every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Finally Vodafone agreed to allow me to upgrade but unfortunately the Gold 16GB isn't in stock. Do you know if you need to post another deposit with Vodafone when upgrading a contract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Finally Vodafone agreed to allow me to upgrade but unfortunately the Gold 16GB isn't in stock. Do you know if you need to post another deposit with Vodafone when upgrading a contract?

They do have the Gold 32GB, its an extra €99, but you would have more storage and get it now.

DylanII wrote: »
    They do have the Gold 32GB, its an extra €99, but you would have more storage and get it now.

Showing as all 32GB & 64GB 5S out of stock all 3 colours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Vodafone in monread in naas had loads last Friday. Even had display models.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drumzone

the iphone is ready to receive lte and 4g,just waiting on carriers to start putting it out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭TrueIt

drumzone wrote: »
    the iphone is ready to receive lte and 4g,just waiting on carriers to start putting it out there.

Supposedly it was going to be months?

• Advertisement

drumzone wrote: »

I would expect January 2014 with iOS 7.1

- - -

The only Gold phone near me is in Carphone Warehouse Killarney but when I rang them they told me they're holding the phone for someone collecting it at the weekend. That type of stuff frustrates me :mad:

Advertisement