Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S release date Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Aodhagan wrote: »
    I would expect January 2014 with iOS 7.1

What has iOS 7.1 or any version got to do with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

that's IOS 6...

Obviously. The point was that when they released the major update to iOS 6 - they approved an additional 36 carriers for 4G/LTE.

Currently Vodafone nor any carrier in Ireland is supported for 4G/LTE by Apple.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Obviously. The point was that when they released the major update to iOS 6 - they approved an additional 36 carriers for 4G/LTE.

Currently Vodafone nor any carrier in Ireland is supported for 4G/LTE by Apple.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

ah

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭TrueIt

Would the likes of the 48 network have 4g? I think its doubtful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

should do, they're o2 underneath all the age promotional material. whether or not they have plans planned is another thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Capped at 1.5 or Mbps I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I dumped them. No excuse for a complete network outage for two days in the space of two weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I dumped them. No excuse for a complete network outage for two days in the space of two weeks.

Outage for two days? Maybe that's why they're called 48!

murpho999 wrote: »
    Outage for two days? Maybe that's why they're called 48!

First outage was on a Friday, the next one was around a week and a half later.

They posted various "updates" on their forum during the outage, but calls, texts and data were all down. Felt sorry for them, but no matter how cheap it is its not worth having no phone for 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭TrueIt

First outage was on a Friday, the next one was around a week and a half later.

They posted various "updates" on their forum during the outage, but calls, texts and data were all down. Felt sorry for them, but no matter how cheap it is its not worth having no phone for 2 days.

In fairness they gave everybody an extra two days towards your monthly membership. I think we deserved a week free tho :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

should do, they're o2 underneath all the age promotional material. whether or not they have plans planned is another thing.

They're not connected to O2 at all.

They rent masts from O2, but other than that they have no affiliation with them at all. Same with Tesco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Takes some getting used to from a 3GS

Sonics2k wrote: »
    They're not connected to O2 at all.

They rent masts from O2, but other than that they have no affiliation with them at all. Same with Tesco.

They're owned by Telefonica ltd.

the same holding company as O2. They are very much affiliated with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

They're owned by Telefonica ltd.

the same holding company as O2. They are very much affiliated with them.

Telefonica owns both companies yes, but the two are not connected in any other way.

As in, if you go to an O2 store or call their support they can't help if you're with 48.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭space2ground1

I have been on a corporate plan with VF for the last few years and I just checked my 5S options there. I have a suspicion that I might do just as well with the VF store direct given that I've been with the company through the corporate for over 3 years.

They're offering me a 16GB 5S for €360 including all calls and texts in Ireland and a gig of data (either 1 or 2 gigs, I need to check) for €42 a month. The 32GB is the one I really want and thats €465 on the same plan. The contract is 18 months on both of those.

Can anyone advise as to whether that's still a good deal? Thanks!

They're offering me a 16GB 5S for €360 including all calls and texts in Ireland and a gig of data (either 1 or 2 gigs, I need to check) for €42 a month. The 32GB is the one I really want and thats €465 on the same plan. The contract is 18 months on both of those.

Can anyone advise as to whether that's still a good deal? Thanks!
    Easy way to work it out

Phone cost: 465
    Contract: 756
    Total cost after 18 months: 1221

Buy phone unlocked:

Cost: 740 euros (from UK apple store, shipping to Parcel motel).
    Contract:
    Go with someone like 48, 20 euros a month x 18 months = 360
    Im on emobile (existing eircom customer, SIM only plan for 24euros a month for everything inc landlines and unlimited 4G Data ) = 24 x 18 = 432
    Total with 48: 1100
    Total with emobile: 1172

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Got my 5s last Friday fromvodafone shop. Upgraded from a 4s. Love the new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭space2ground1

Easy way to work it out

Phone cost: 465
    Contract: 756
    Total cost after 18 months: 1221

Buy phone unlocked:

Cost: 740 euros (from UK apple store, shipping to Parcel motel).
    Contract:
    Go with someone like 48, 20 euros a month x 18 months = 360
    Im on emobile (existing eircom customer, SIM only plan for 24euros a month for everything inc landlines and unlimited 4G Data ) = 24 x 18 = 432
    Total with 48: 1100
    Total with emobile: 1172

Thanks for your help! Where I live the signal isnt the best but Vodafone is fine. I've a feeling I'm stuck with them.

Gold comes back in stock on Vodafone.ie & conveniently their upgrade system is down.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Got my 5s last Friday fromvodafone shop. Upgraded from a 4s. Love the new one.

I hope to do the same on monday. What are the chances of a carphonewarehouse having one in stock on vodafone.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drumzone

hi guys. any of you that now have the iphone 5s, do you own a mophie juice pack air?? i have one, worked fine with my 5 but wont work with my 5s........... can anyone help.

Finally got my Gold 16GB today from Carphone Warehouse. Upgraded from the slate 5. Very snappy & loving the new camera and touch ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭bigron2109

The touch ID is class. Very slick phone i must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

The wait to get the phone from apple is killing me. 7 days down, 14 more to go… at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Tried getting my hands on a pre-pay 5S today, but no good. They're not coming in for two weeks.

What's the quickest way to get one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Got my 16gb grey 5s from Three Letterkenny today, the last one in stock. Pleased with it so far, soooo much faster than my 4 (which ios 7 ruined completely.)

Advertisement