Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S release date Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭space2ground1

I can't get one from Vodafone yet because I'm on a corporate plan. I get the feeling they'll be behind the shops and online store in the queue for stock. Could it be a month or longer before the trickle of stock starts to flow in properly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Just ordered a 16Gb space grey from apple.ie, just have to wait 3 weeks now, bummer!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

So i take it i wont be getting a 5S on monday on vodafone bill...?
    All sold out or pre-booked?

When can i expect to get one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Popped in, on spec, to Vodafone store on Patrick's street, Cork yesterday afternoon - all three models in all three colours in stock. Pleasantly pleased and bought one on an upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

stuba wrote: »
    The wait to get the phone from apple is killing me. 7 days down, 14 more to go… at least.

I'm in the same both. I only recived 1 email from apple tho since I ordered I guessed they'd be in touch more

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

After Vodafone web store being **** for a week I got my 5S yesterday, set it up very happy went to charge it last night and it wont charge... Talked to Apple and Vodafone. Because I ordered it on the voda web shop has to be a courier pickup they have to verify the fault then they send me a new phone... So another week...

nice phone for the 12 hours I got use out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I'm in the same both. I only recived 1 email from apple tho since I ordered I guessed they'd be in touch more

They email you to confirm your order & they email you when it's been shipped. Don't know what you're expecting in-between :D

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Isco

What is the quickest and cheapest way for me to get my hands on a 5s on 3 pay as you go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Isco wrote: »
    What is the quickest and cheapest way for me to get my hands on a 5s on 3 pay as you go?

You'll be waiting 2-3 weeks. I tried to get my hands on a pay as you go 5S everywhere yesterday only to be told it's contact only buyers until then.

Placed my order with Apple earlier today, I'll be waiting 2-3 weeks as well, but at least I'll get an unlocked phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Isco wrote: »

Go to Apple in Belfast and pick one up unlocked.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Aodhagan wrote: »
    They email you to confirm your order & they email you when it's been shipped. Don't know what you're expecting in-between :D

"Going anywhere nice on your holidays?"
    "Have you seen anything good in the pictures lately?"
    "We'd get you an iPad quicker.......'

• Registered Users Posts: 1 daveoc13

Three rang me on Wednesday as i registered my interest online a few weeks ago.
    I was on Tesco mobile just outta contract, spent about 30mins on the phone to 3 and by 9am the next day the phone was delivered to my door by Nightline Couriers. 16gb Space Grey.

I was able to sign up to the contract, set up direct debit, and port my number all in one go. I was apprehensive at first about buying over the phone but I must say 3 have vastly improved their service.

Very happy with it and 3's data speeds are great! Average 8mb/s on 3g as opposed to tescos 1.5mb/s. And mobile coverage is great, i live outside the city where I never had coverage with Tesco, O2 or Meteor but Three have good coverage. Dont know if its the 5s helping that too though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

Does anyone know....if I order 2-3 iPhones from the Apple store, do they all ship together as one package or do they ship separately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anyone know....if I order 2-3 iPhones from the Apple store, do they all ship together as one package or do they ship separately?

You can select this option from the checkout on the top right, By default its set to Dispatch as each item becomes available.

you can change this to Dispatch as single delivery.

Also you can only order 2 phones on one card, so you would need to get a second card, still deliver to your address and name, just a different card is needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Some of you should be receiving your iphones from Apple tomorrow ;)

edit : well, today now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

I haven't got an email from them saying it was dispatched.

How you know?

I assume you mean the people who ordered on the 25th, is the delivery time actually going to be 2 to 3 weeks, or will it be sooner?

Kagawa wrote: »
    I assume you mean the people who ordered on the 25th, is the delivery time actually going to be 2 to 3 weeks, or will it be sooner?

Well i ordered the morning of the 25th and have heard nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Paulie1987

I ordered at 12:10 am on the 25th and iv heard nothing so I dunno how you know

• Advertisement

Paulie1987 wrote: »
    I ordered at 12:10 am on the 25th and iv heard nothing so I dunno how you know

Ok, I ordered mine on the 1st, I was hoping that they might be shipping quicker than stated,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Where's my bloody phone?!!!!???

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Eoinay

Anyone know any Vodafone shops that have the 5s in stock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Dave! wrote: »
    Where's my bloody phone?!!!!???

I have it.

Did you order it online??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Did you order it online??

From the Apple store a couple of weeks ago yeah. Still no movement.

Dave! wrote: »
    From the Apple store a couple of weeks ago yeah. Still no movement.

Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Rang O2 today. They don't know when they will be getting some more in. Beyond frustrated here. The fellas in the shop told me on release day Id have it in a week. More like a month or 2!

Rang apple and the guy said it's very unlikely we'll get them before the estimated delivery date, maybe even looking at beyond it the demand is so high, we'll get an email and a text saying when it will be delivered of if there is any changes to the estimated delivery date

• Advertisement

Rang apple and the guy said it's very unlikely we'll get them before the estimated delivery date, maybe even looking at beyond it the demand is so high, we'll get an email and a text saying when it will be delivered of if there is any changes to the estimated delivery date

Lovely... What was the expected date again? This day week?

Advertisement