Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S release date Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Paulie1987

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Lovely... What was the expected date again? This day week?

Mine was 13th to the 19th I think so we'll be doing well to get it next Friday I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Lovely... What was the expected date again? This day week?

Could you not just check your email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

guil wrote: »
    Could you not just check your email?

I could if I'd a laptop as I've only my phone and it only shows my most recent mails a 2 week old mail from apple won't be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

Well i got my 32GB iphone 5S on vodafone 2 days ago.

Quick restore and put it into a new otterbox defender and way she goes. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

How are your home buttons holding up? After 5 days of usage mine has become inconsistently "clicky". Sometimes even clicky if you lightly touch it as if it's out of place. Rather frustrating. Seeing a lot of people saying the same on MR & Apple support communities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Prodgey

There's lads on adverts selling them at the same price as Apple, factory unlocked and sealed, which saves waiting time for anyone who wants one badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Prodgey wrote: »
    There's lads on adverts selling them at the same price as Apple, factory unlocked and sealed, which saves waiting time for anyone who wants one badly.

If they are the same price why risk buying on adverts when apple are a sure thing?

If they are the same price why risk buying on adverts when apple are a sure thing?

Because it takes two weeks to come via apple?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

If there is a receipt and the box still in plastic - there is not really much risk.

Most of the sellers simply buy them from the north or use parcel motel so they will make around €50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 AlexjReilly

Has anyone gotten a 5s from an O2 store in Dublin?
    So frustrating going in and most are not even the least bit helpful. Vodafone have made a list of interest and make their way through it while O2 just do nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Liesbeth

Hi

I will be visiting Dublin upcoming weekend, and I'd like to buy a 5s unlocked (not available yet in my home country). Are there any shops selling them unlocked, without contract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Liesbeth wrote: »
    Hi

I will be visiting Dublin upcoming weekend, and I'd like to buy a 5s unlocked (not available yet in my home country). Are there any shops selling them unlocked, without contract?

Tried last week to find one only to be told it'll take another week or two for them to sell it off contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭space2ground1

Has the supply of new phones been this bad from apple before or is this something to do with them supplying the Chinese market?

Lads I'm stuck with a Meteor one, brand new in the box, with a receipt, I'll let it go for €580 if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Liesbeth wrote: »
    Hi

Not possible to buy them in a shop in Ireland unlocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭displaced dub

We have movement. Visa called me to ask was I expecting anything from apple. I called the apple shower and they said the system had tried to take payment today but visa kicked it for security reasons, so the system will try again tomorrow am and dispatch then.

Expect some mail very soon with shipments of 5S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

dispatch time for iPhone 5s has been halved now from store.apple.com/ie

So expect your phones soon.

flexcon wrote: »
    dispatch time for iPhone 5s has been halved now from store.apple.com/ie

So expect your phones soon.

My order is still 2-3 weeks after ordering a week ago, so no good on that yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭liverpool lad

We have movement. Visa called me to ask was I expecting anything from apple. I called the apple shower and they said the system had tried to take payment today but visa kicked it for security reasons, so the system will try again tomorrow am and dispatch then.

Expect some mail very soon with shipments of 5S

Hi, when did you order mine? I ordered mine straight away that night it was released at midnight.. but it still says: "Processing Items Dispatched: 2 - 3 weeks
    Delivers: 12 Nov, 2013 - 18 Nov, 2013 by Express Shipping"

I'm now afraid something when wrong. I also didn't log into my account because I forgot about the ID the night of ordering.

• Advertisement

Hi, when did you order mine? I ordered mine straight away that night it was released at midnight.. but it still says: "Processing Items Dispatched: 2 - 3 weeks

I'm now afraid something when wrong. I also didn't log into my account because I forgot about the ID the night of ordering.

When did you order yours even... you didn't order me mine haha :)

Ordered midnight when they went on sale and you can fu7k right off if you think I'm paying for yours too :D:D

If my card wasn't so secure it would be shipping not processing

Ordered midnight when they went on sale and you can fu7k right off if you think I'm paying for yours too :D:D

Was worth a try!!! I'm panicking now that something went wrong with the order. I might have to ring tomorrow just to make sure. I do know that I chose not to sign in so I can't track the order unfortunately, and it wasn't paid for on my own card. Fingers crossed it changes in the next day or so. It's already been a few days too much.

How much were they discounted? Paid €699 for mine over a week ago.

Was worth a try!!! I'm panicking now that something went wrong with the order. I might have to ring tomorrow just to make sure. I do know that I chose not to sign in so I can't track the order unfortunately, and it wasn't paid for on my own card. Fingers crossed it changes in the next day or so. It's already been a few days too much.

You should have got a mail when you ordered it regardless of using your account

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    How much were they discounted? Paid €699 for mine over a week ago.

Paid 799 for the 32GB

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lukemaguire

I just checked the order status again and it has changed to Preparing For Dispatch, at last there is some movement...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Kagawa

I just checked the order status again and it has changed to Preparing For Dispatch, at last there is some movement...

Did you order yours on the 25th?

Kagawa wrote: »
    Did you order yours on the 25th?

When did you order? what Gb? still awaiting mine to change!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Kagawa

When did you order? what Gb? still awaiting mine to change!!

I orderd a 16Gb space grey on the 1st, still no change on mine, I was hoping it might change because the apple site now lists a delivery time of 1-2 weeks

Advertisement