Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S release date Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Preparing for Dispatch Dispatched: 2 - 3 weeks
    Delivers: 13 Nov, 2013 - 19 Nov, 2013 by Express Shipping

Thats the same thing its said on mine since day 1 and i ordered the morning they came out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Money for phone taken from my bank account yesterday so they must be shipping in the next day or two?

5S 32 gig silver ordered 12.05 on the first day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

My order has just dispatched!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Me too! Yay

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lukemaguire

My order has just dispatched!

Haha, Same

• Advertisement

flexcon wrote: »
    Please do explain how you could have gotten your in 1-3 days buy they don't ship to Ireland.

Ordering online right now on the UK store, it would take until the 3rd of December., like Ireland.

Ok, No problem. Let me paint you a picture: It was a lovely September 21st morning, A guy in Dublin known as Luke Maguire was waking up with the hope of ordering an iPhone 5s from the UK store....... He was online at 0700 in the morning when the online store had been unlocked and after going to the whole process of ordering (deliver date of 1-3 days) He is told that apple UK do not ship to Ireland.... Disgusted that he has to wait another month to order it from the Irish shop, he goes into a pit of despair and depression... Haha the last part is a joke but you get my point ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Ok, No problem. Let me paint you a picture: It was a lovely September 21st morning, A guy in Dublin known as Luke Maguire was waking up with the hope of ordering an iPhone 5s from the UK store....... He was online at 0700 in the morning when the online store had been unlocked and after going to the whole process of ordering (deliver date of 1-3 days) He is told that apple UK do not ship to Ireland.... Disgusted that he has to wait another month to order it from the Irish shop, he goes into a pit of despair and depression... Haha the last part is a joke but you get my point ;)

Don't want to depress you more but you could of bought it and got it shipped with parcel motel for about €7. It's €3.50 to cover something upto €100 and I think its double for upto €1000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭displaced dub

Mine has shipped delivers Friday

guil wrote: »
    Don't want to depress you more but you could of bought it and got it shipped with parcel motel for about €7. It's €3.50 to cover something upto €100 and I think its double for upto €1000.

I know yeah, I only heard of that a week after I tried to order it so the shipping date was already 2-3 weeks so I decided i'd wait, also, have you tried it before? it sounds great especially for that price...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭liverpool lad

Order Dispatched!! happy days :) says I should receive it before the 14/11/2013!!! Whoop

• Advertisement

Lads I've asked this before, and read a dozen other threads about it, but can't seem to find a solid answer.

Does anyone have a recommendation for where to insure an iPhone? I've got my 5S coming this week (from Apple store), and after having dropped my last Samsung S3 and it getting water damaged I'm terrified of breaking my 5S!

Ideally I'd like to hear from anybody who actually successfully claimed for a gadget. I don't trust insurance companies as far as I can throw them :)

Thanks

Dave! wrote: »
    Lads I've asked this before, and read a dozen other threads about it, but can't seem to find a solid answer.

Does anyone have a recommendation for where to insure an iPhone? I've got my 5S coming this week (from Apple store), and after having dropped my last Samsung S3 and it getting water damaged I'm terrified of breaking my 5S!

Ideally I'd like to hear from anybody who actually successfully claimed for a gadget. I don't trust insurance companies as far as I can throw them :)

Thanks

Gadget Insurance. Great rates, including for loss. That's where I am going!! You need something to show it is from Apple or wherever and not Ebay etc... but something small like a number or code. Check them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Ordered the 2nd and still no update to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭asif2011

Mine said the 14th but it has been updated to tomorrow just now - yay!! :D

I ordered it 9am on the 25th October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

Mine too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Kagawa

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Ordered the 2nd and still no update to it!

I ordered on 1st, nothing for me me either,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭displaced dub

Mine has shipped delivers Friday

Just tracked on UPS and says I will have it tomorrow

ooooh, UPS says I'll have mine tomorrow too :)

If I go to a Three store, will they be able to give me a nano sim there and then, does anyone know ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I know yeah, I only heard of that a week after I tried to order it so the shipping date was already 2-3 weeks so I decided i'd wait, also, have you tried it before? it sounds great especially for that price...

No I haven't used them myself but a lot in this thread used them to get the 5s from the uk and I don't think anyone paid the extra for the higher insurance limit.

Dave! wrote: »
    ooooh, UPS says I'll have mine tomorrow too :)

If I go to a Three store, will they be able to give me a nano sim there and then, does anyone know ?

Yeah they will, Are you getting the €20 a month prepay plan with unlimited 4g? it looks like good value!

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    No I haven't used them myself but a lot in this thread used them to get the 5s from the uk and I don't think anyone paid the extra for the higher insurance limit.

Thats sounds like a plan for my future purchases then... haha

Yeah they will, Are you getting the €20 a month prepay plan with unlimited 4g? it looks like good value!
    No, I'm only half way into a 2 year billpay contract, so will be swapping my micro sim for a nano sim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Shipped: Delivers 15/11/2013 by Express Shipping! :)

Hopefully tomorrow I will be getting my phone. It is unlocked as it is from Apple.ie. I am on meteor at the moment, but intend on switching to Vodafone Bill when the phone arrives.. however, if the phone doesn't arrive until tomorrow late afternoon, I won't get a chance to go into Vodafone until Thurs morning... Does anyone know if I put in my meteor sim tomorrow to set up the phone etc, will the phone then become locked to meteor.. or will it be ok when I switch to vodafone the next day... i.e. be unlocked forever and easy to swap sim cards??

First time IPhone user!!! Thanks.

Mine has shipped too

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

Hopefully tomorrow I will be getting my phone. It is unlocked as it is from Apple.ie. I am on meteor at the moment, but intend on switching to Vodafone Bill when the phone arrives.. however, if the phone doesn't arrive until tomorrow late afternoon, I won't get a chance to go into Vodafone until Thurs morning... Does anyone know if I put in my meteor sim tomorrow to set up the phone etc, will the phone then become locked to meteor.. or will it be ok when I switch to vodafone the next day... i.e. be unlocked forever and easy to swap sim cards??

First time IPhone user!!! Thanks.

IF you buy from Apple.ie unlocked, it'll stay unlocked forever and you can swap as many networks as you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Is anyone who ordered after launch day getting theirs delivered soon? Just interested. Hopefully I'll get mine soon. Going by their new shipping, it should dispatch this week!

I ordered on 25th Oct and mine is due tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Gadget Insurance. Great rates, including for loss. That's where I am going!! You need something to show it is from Apple or wherever and not Ebay etc... but something small like a number or code. Check them out.

is this the one? http://www.gadgetinsurance.com/IE/

• Advertisement

My phone was in cork co Ireland at 8:48

I'm starting too get excited!

Advertisement