Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S release date Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

MrMac84 wrote: »
    My phone was in cork co Ireland at 8:48

I'm starting too get excited!

Same here boy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Same here boy!

Also status is now "out for delivery"

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

So once we get it, just get a nano sim? Will the Itunes backup contain our contacts and messages and the like yes? Anyone notice that it went from the UK to Germany to get to Ireland? Weird.

stuba wrote: »
    So once we get it, just get a nano sim? Will the Itunes backup contain our contacts and messages and the like yes? Anyone notice that it went from the UK to Germany to get to Ireland? Weird.

Mine only ever had GB & IE in the tracking. I have my nano sim at home already from 48 just waiting too be activated.

Mine went from Tamworth to Castle Donnigton from their then to Koeln in Germany and onto Dublin and Shannon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Paulie1987

Got it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Mine is still at "Destination scan" in Dublin.

I told my mother that she's not allowed to leave the house until the delivery arrives - even if there is a fire!

Paulie1987 wrote: »
    Got it :)

Not at all jealous! Ha

Where in the country are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭asif2011

UPS always delivery to my house between 4 and 5... this time the wait is killing me!! What time is it, What time is it! Only 3 hours to go... 3 bloody hours LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Is there any problem with someone coming from the USA bringing one over here? A 5C sim free one is about €430 over there. That's from the Apple store delivered to a US address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

finbarrk wrote: »
    Is there any problem with someone coming from the USA bringing one over here? A 5C sim free one is about €430 over there. That's from the Apple store delivered to a US address.
    Search for it because god knows how many times it's been asked and answered by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Paulie1987

Not at all jealous! Ha

Where in the country are you?

West Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Mines just been delivered...unfortunately im stick in work :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭space2ground1

Has anyone got one delivered yet from Vodafone?

Am posting this from my 5s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'm posting this from my Samsung GT S5830 - for the last time! :P

5S is waiting for me at home. Longest. Bus journey. Ever!

And I still have to go to Three to get the nano SIM :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I have a Samsung S3 and moved to that from an iPhone 3gs. I like to move around frequently as rather than being a fanboy to either, I can see the pros and cons of both.

the most recent update to the S3 from Vodafone has really affected its performance in a negative way and patches from Samsung have a tendancy to take a while. So as an early Christmas present to me from my wife I am once again moving back to iPhone! :-)

Is there a waiting list for the iPhone 5S if I was to go into a Vodafone store tomorrow?

It seems to have great reviews online but the iPhones always did. What are peoples forst impressions?

I have a Samsung S3 and moved to that from an iPhone 3gs. I like to move around frequently as rather than being a fanboy to either, I can see the pros and cons of both.

the most recent update to the S3 from Vodafone has really affected its performance in a negative way and patches from Samsung have a tendancy to take a while. So as an early Christmas present to me from my wife I am once again moving back to iPhone! :-)

Is there a waiting list for the iPhone 5S if I was to go into a Vodafone store tomorrow?

It seems to have great reviews online but the iPhones always did. What are peoples forst impressions?

I had the same as you 3GS, S3 and now 5s. One thing I noticed most holding both the S3 and the 5S is the size of the Samsung...Jesus its bloody massive!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭TrueIt

I switched over from my iPhone 5 today and it wont let me download apps it just goes from, Free to Install to Enter Apple ID password and then back to Free. does anyone have any ideas?

TrueIt wrote: »
    I switched over from my iPhone 5 today and it wont let me download apps it just goes from, Free to Install to Enter Apple ID password and then back to Free. does anyone have any ideas?

Mine worked fine via icloud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭TrueIt

Mine worked fine via icloud

I'm totally clueless on the matter.

TrueIt wrote: »
    I'm totally clueless on the matter.

Back up ypur old phone via icloud.. then set up your new iphone via icloud and not itunes

Just got my phone but the instructions I was given to activate my Nano Sim from Vodafone arent working how do I go about it anyone???

If your nano sim doesnt work you can just chop your old sim down to size and use that...thats what I did anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

stuba wrote: »
    Just got my phone but the instructions I was given to activate my Nano Sim from Vodafone arent working how do I go about it anyone???

Dunno what instructions you received but VF has to activate the sim, don't think there's a way to do it yourself. Just call them, open 24/7...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Received mine yesterday, gave the mother my 4s so everyone is happy! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭asif2011

My 32GB Space Grey was scheduled to be delivered yesterday but it didn't show up, it is scheduled for delivery today but to say I am not pleased is an understatement! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lukemaguire

asif2011 wrote: »
    My 32GB Space Grey was scheduled to be delivered yesterday but it didn't show up, it is scheduled for delivery today but to say I am not pleased is an understatement! :mad:

I know how you feel, they tried to deliver my Gold one yesterday at 14:45 after I had already waited in the morning for it, UPS more like FUPS...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Does anybody think it's possible that apple will deliver before their estimated delivery date now that they have shortened the delivery date on the site

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I was grand waiting around for it to ship before I saw they shortened the delivery dates here and people were getting them soon, so I lost my patience. Mine is still stuck at 2-3 weeks ffs.

Advertisement