Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S release date Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭napplechunks

CJC999 wrote: »
    Does anyone else find it insulting that Apple have their European headquarters here in Ireland yet we are not even considered a second tier country in their eyes? I personally think it's very insulting of them, our country and people are good enough to base their euro HQ but were not good enough to be included with the UK for sales even to provide a limited supply.

Not insulting, no. Its just a corporation. We are a very small country in the grand scheme. Seems like they're having trouble with the motion sensors anyway. I might wait a bit and see how that turns out..

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭napplechunks

NetNinja wrote: »
    +1. In fact I was going to email Tim Cook & express this opinion but figured he most likely has his emails filtered by someone from his office. Who may or may not pass the critism onto him!

This is a joke, yes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

CJC999 wrote: »
    Does anyone else find it insulting that Apple have their European headquarters here in Ireland yet we are not even considered a second tier country in their eyes? I personally think it's very insulting of them, our country and people are good enough to base their euro HQ but were not good enough to be included with the UK for sales even to provide a limited supply.

We don't even have an official Apple store here, it's ridiculous, that's how much Apple care about us, I was in Belfast yesterday and went into the Apple store, pretty slick phone, I was tempted to get it but the wife would of battered me, it's €600 unlocked, the finger print gadget on it was cool, I was messing around with it for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

This is a joke, yes?

No & you are missing the OP point that Ireland is the EU Headquarters & the fact that Apple use Ireland to facilitate their tax affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 waggyy

Mark26 wrote: »
    Bought a brand new iPhone 5 c 32 GB on eBay on Wednesday for €579.00, it arrived by DHL Friday morning so I'm happy enough with that. The guy selling them had a fair few 5s and 5c's for sale but they were all sold out within 24 hrs. In fairness he was selling at reasonable prices, not trying to rip people off.

That's an unreal price! Are there any more people on eBay that you know of selling them at this price? If so can you let me know please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

Offended no, insulted possibly given that Apple has moved us further down the pecking order of late. Regardless of supply & demand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I reckon November. iPhone 5 gets certified to run on meteors 4g network then.
    Maybe it's timing with the 5s and 5c.
    That's my theory. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Apple wont base their product launches on Meteors schedule. Don't be daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mikeingalway

Just got mine yesterday via Parcel Motel direct from Apple Uk to Ireland! Loving the fingerprint feature :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Where is the best place for updates on the release date?

Here?

Hoping to purchase, but not that anxious so as to go the Parcel Motel route. At any rate, it's out of stock anyway!

myshirt wrote: »
    Where is the best place for updates on the release date?

Here?

Hoping to purchase, but not that anxious so as to go the Parcel Motel route. At any rate, it's out of stock anyway!

your best bet is driving to Belfast and purchasing one in the Apple store if your within a decent driving route. I was up on Friday from Dublin, cost me €25 on diesel, the missus was shopping up there. I'm going back up Wednesday to get the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

billie1b wrote: »
    your best bet is driving to Belfast and purchasing one in the Apple store if your within a decent driving route. I was up on Friday from Dublin, cost me €25 on diesel, the missus was shopping up there. I'm going back up Wednesday to get the phone

All depending on them having stock. Hope you get yours on Wednesday.

All depending on them having stock. Hope you get yours on Wednesday.

I was talking to them on Friday, they were saying its only the 16gb that are generally out of stock all the time, that theres no problems with the 32gb and 64gb, the girl told me Wednesday morning is the best time to be there around 10:30am if looking for a 16gb

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭billywilly

Bought a brand new iPhone 5 c 32 GB on eBay on Wednesday for €579.00, it arrived by DHL Friday morning so I'm happy enough with that. The guy selling them had a fair few 5s and 5c's for sale but they were all sold out within 24 hrs. In fairness he was selling at reasonable prices, not trying to rip people off.

is there any come back if anything goes wrong with it?, i never really trust these ebay sellers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Regarding the warranty with an iPhone bought from the Apple store Belfast if it

was faulty do Apple offer you an express replacement to your door like Apple.ie or

do you have to return it to belfast?

Regarding the warranty with an iPhone bought from the Apple store Belfast if it

was faulty do Apple offer you an express replacement to your door like Apple.ie or

do you have to return it to belfast?

Yes once its within its warranty they offer the express door to door service, the first 4s I got had a faulty battery and I contacted Apple customer care and they were booking me in for a date to go to Belfast to get it repaired or exchanged, I told her I couldn't due to work so they sent out a courier, took it away and it came back by courier, all free of charge too

Yes once its within its warranty they offer the express door to door service, the first 4s I got had a faulty battery and I contacted Apple customer care and they were booking me in for a date to go to Belfast to get it repaired or exchanged, I told her I couldn't due to work so they sent out a courier, took it away and it came back by courier, all free of charge too

Did you buy the 4s from Belfast? I have sent back 3 iPhone 5 back to Apple since it was released over here.

Did you buy the 4s from Belfast? I have sent back 3 iPhone 5 back to Apple since it was released over here.

Yeah in person in the Apple store, I find it much better than having to deal with network providers, I keep the phone in tip top condition, sell it when the new one comes out, add a €100 to €150 to it and buy the new one, its like an upgrade but its always sim-free. Plus Apple are much better to deal with in Belfast than anyone in Dublin

Yeah in person in the Apple store, I find it much better than having to deal with network providers, I keep the phone in tip top condition, sell it when the new one comes out, add a €100 to €150 to it and buy the new one, its like an upgrade but its always sim-free. Plus Apple are much better to deal with in Belfast than anyone in Dublin

I have been doing the same myself for years with the iPhone I just have always

bought from Apple.ie might take a run up on Wednesday so. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭OU812

How's he selling it £50 cheaper than Apple ?

Can you PM me the seller ID on ebay ?

I have been doing the same myself for years with the iPhone I just have always

bought from Apple.ie might take a run up on Wednesday so. Cheers

Cool no probs, i've always bought the 16gb ones but think i'll go with the 32gb this time as its only €90 more expensive so think its worth it compared to Irish prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

Is there any way to check if the store in Belfast has them in stock?
    I was planning to go up there someday this week but its a long enough journey and I don't want to go up there and find the stock is gone.
    I'm looking for a Space Grey or whatever its called at 32 GB.

Is there any way to check if the store in Belfast has them in stock?
    I was planning to go up there someday this week but its a long enough journey and I don't want to go up there and find the stock is gone.
    I'm looking for a Space Grey or whatever its called at 32 GB.

I was on the phone to them today, they are sold out of sim-free one's, only contract ones left at the minute, he told me to ring Monday before 6pm to see if they are in stock or Tuesday cause i'm going on Wednesday. The number to ring from the Republic is 0044 28 9016 1900, you might be on hold for a few minutes though

I was on the phone to them today, they are sold out of sim-free one's, only contract ones left at the minute, he told me to ring Monday before 6pm to see if they are in stock or Tuesday cause i'm going on Wednesday. The number to ring from the Republic is 0044 28 9016 1900, you might be on hold for a few minutes though

Are they taking reservations yet I'm after the 32gb space grey myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Just saw this "SIM free iPhone 5s will lock to the network of the first SIM used." on car phone warehouse UK site here.

Thats worth remembering. I'd be fairly sure they are correct on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Any news on when it'll land in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tomtom101

colmulhall wrote: »
    Any news on when it'll land in Ireland?

Nobody has any solid information on that yet - its not following the past years trends of 2 weeks after the UK launch... Speculation seems to be early November...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Please note the number from the Republic is: +3534890161900.

Advertisement