Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S release date Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Kagawa

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    I was grand waiting around for it to ship before I saw they shortened the delivery dates here and people were getting them soon, so I lost my patience. Mine is still stuck at 2-3 weeks ffs.

Yeah, I'm the same, I ordered mine two weeks ago and I still won't get it before someone who ordered on Monday, joke!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Not sure if this helps but my waiting time for my iPad Mini 2 was shortened by 6 days to next week, and I ordered it on Tuesday :P

miralize wrote: »
    Not sure if this helps but my waiting time for my iPad Mini 2 was shortened by 6 days to next week, and I ordered it on Tuesday :P

No, strangely it doesn't!

I know how it feels though. Had to wait 8 weeks for my rMBP to arrive last year. Was tormented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Kagawa wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm the same, I ordered mine two weeks ago and I still won't get it before someone who ordered on Monday, joke!!!

It is annoying. Obviously people who ordered on the 25th got theirs and everyone after has to wait, so they must only have had one big shipment and they're grouping our lot for the second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I went into a Vodafone store yesterday and they had a few in stock - might pick one up today...they look tastey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Rod Serling

I said I wouldn't do it. I said I'd switch to Android this time. I looked at the Nexus 5. And the HTC One. Both looked like fine phones.

.. Yet here I am just after ordering a gold 5S. I am a huge fanboy and I don't even care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I said I wouldn't do it. I said I'd switch to Android this time. I looked at the Nexus 5. And the HTC One. Both looked like fine phones.

.. Yet here I am just after ordering a gold 5S. I am a huge fanboy and I don't even care.

Good man yourself.

You're just timesaving really, I had the HTC One. Perfectly nice, except for the subpar camera & the hugeness of the thing. Sold it & my iPhone 5 for a 5s within 4 months.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

And I've gone the other way, not paying €800 for a phone, or €400 on contract. Ordered a Blackberry Z10 for €220 sim-free, so maybe a change is as good as a rest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Any one else's home button on the 5s click very loudly as opposed too the 4r4s one??

Rang Apple about the phone order and why the shipping hasn't been decreased to 1-2 weeks and is at 2-3 weeks still. His reply is that they had to give it an extra week to accommodate it coming from overseas. Um, they all come from overseas... This Saturday will make it 2 weeks waiting

Rang Apple about the phone order and why the shipping hasn't been decreased to 1-2 weeks and is at 2-3 weeks still. His reply is that they had to give it an extra week to accommodate it coming from overseas. Um, they all come from overseas... This Saturday will make it 2 weeks waiting

Same here redzer, it's some pain waiting 3 weeks for something you spend €700 on,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I ordered mine on the 4th, imagine my surprise when I got a text this morning saying it was out for delivery. Feckin' delighted! Was expecting another week or more of a wait. I have to say it's a great update from my aging 3GS. I'll miss my jailbreak though. But what can ya do :)

I ordered mine on the 4th, imagine my surprise when I got a text this morning saying it was out for delivery. Feckin' delighted! Was expecting another week or more of a wait. I have to say it's a great update from my aging 3GS. I'll miss my jailbreak though. But what can ya do :)

**** sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

**** sake

What?

What?

If he "cant have it, no one should" mindset. Sad

If he "cant have it, no one should" mindset. Sad

Eh no. Was told it'll take another week and I ordered before that date. All the better he's getting his, just hope mine gets thrown into the plane here too

Eh no. Was told it'll take another week and I ordered before that date. All the better he's getting his, just hope mine gets thrown into the plane here too
    "
    That exactly my argument. "If hes getting his, where the **** is mine". And that is sad. Would you prefer the components not to be put together, tested and verified by the manufacturer first?

"
    That exactly my argument. "If hes getting his, where the **** is mine". And that is sad. Would you prefer the components not to be put together, tested and verified by the manufacturer first?

STFU, good man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Less it, the pair of yiz.

Another new update too iOS

**** sake

Ditto!

My delivery info is saying "preparing for dispatch" now, is this a new stage, I can't remember what it said before

My delivery info is saying "preparing for dispatch" now, is this a new stage, I can't remember what it said before

Processing items, it's on its way to you at long last! ;)

Edit: Mine is saying the same now. Must be the in same shipment as you :p

Can anyone who has got theirs tell me how long their order was in the "preparing for dispatch" phase before it was dispatched?

Can anyone who has got theirs tell me how long their order was in the "preparing for dispatch" phase before it was dispatched?

over 2 weeks

MrMac84 wrote: »
    over 2 weeks

Really, it's due for delivery between the 20th and 26th, so it can hardly be 2 weeks surely?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    over 2 weeks

Whoa. It's been 2 weeks just getting to that stage for me

• Advertisement

Whoa. It's been 2 weeks just getting to that stage for me

Exactly, I think he may be confused between processing stage and ready to dispatch stage, or I bloody well hope so!!

Advertisement