Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S release date Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I ordered on the 25th
    ready for dispatch on 28th
    It came on 12th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Anyone know if any of the vodafone shops in Dublin have a 32gb 5s in stock? I have a supposed order for one in a local shop the last two weeks and no sign of it yet, they said they'll keep trying to order it in but that I'd probably have better luck in the city. Are they sold out everywhere? :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Phone just dispatched, happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Kagawa wrote: »
    Phone just dispatched, happy days

We're definitely on the same shipment then :P

When I try to track the shipment on TNT, it dosen't come up, anyone know why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 lukemaguire

When I try to track the shipment on TNT, it dosen't come up, anyone know why?

If you ordered it off the Apple store they ship with UPS...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

If you ordered it off the Apple store they ship with UPS...

They use both.

They usually say who they ship it with. If the tracking code starts with 1Z then it's ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lukemaguire

They use both.

They usually say who they ship it with. If the tracking code starts with 1Z then it's ups.

Thanks, I didn't know that, I wish mine was delivered by TNT... UPS deliver at the worst times possible...

Thanks, I didn't know that, I wish mine was delivered by TNT... UPS deliver at the worst times possible...

Thanks, mine is with TNT, I'll have another look

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

When they come out of China, they ship in bulk into Europe, Germany or Holland usually. They are then customs cleared, and readied for distribution with UPS/TNT. They won't show up on the courier website until the day before you get it normally.

• Advertisement

Now the apple site is down, bummer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Now the apple site is down, bummer

Working fine here.

flexcon wrote: »
    Working fine here.

Just the order tracking part

Does anyone know if it possible to track my order on the TNT site, or is just the apple tracker?

They use both.

Mine is being delivered by UPS but I don't have any letters in my tracking code, just numbers. It doesn't work, though.

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Mine is being delivered by UPS but I don't have any letters in my tracking code, just numbers. It doesn't work, though.

There are two. Apple's one which is a short < 12 letters. The ups code usually only becomes available after 12-18 hours have elapsed since it actually left warehouse.

I can see that my order is in the uk on the apple site, it was dispatched on Saturday at 7pm, but I still don't have a number that I can use to track it on the TNT site, the tracking number apple have listed is too long for the TNT site, anyone know if I can track it with TNT at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

I can see that my order is in the uk on the apple site, it was dispatched on Saturday at 7pm, but I still don't have a number that I can use to track it on the TNT site, the tracking number apple have listed is too long for the TNT site, anyone know if I can track it with TNT at all?

I thought they used UPS for their courier service

billie1b wrote: »
    I thought they used UPS for their courier service

Apparently they use both, someone mentioned it earlier,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Every Vodafone store is sold out, as is their online store...this is getting frustrating, the stores dont even know when they are getting more deliveries in ("sometime this week" is the best I got)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Every Vodafone store is sold out, as is their online store...this is getting frustrating, the stores dont even know when they are getting more deliveries in ("sometime this week" is the best I got)

They had two in Mahon point yesterday. Tried to upgrade there but the incompetant shower of fools couldnt handle the fact that I had the "Upgrade every year" on my account.

They had two in Mahon point yesterday. Tried to upgrade there but the incompetant shower of fools couldnt handle the fact that I had the "Upgrade every year" on my account.

Were you able to get one in the end there? That would be worse than not having any at all! - having it so close and having stupidity blocking you getting one :)

My phone is in East Midlands airport, due for delivery tomorrow, about time!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Were you able to get one in the end there? That would be worse than not having any at all! - having it so close and having stupidity blocking you getting one :)

Nope. Didnt get ir ,and to make it worse they made me wait an hour to tell me... The most incompetent people I've ever dealt with. Any other shop would go out of their way to make a sale, not them apparently.

I don't know what's going on with my shipment. Was in England for a few days just making the rounds there, missed its transfer yesterday and now it's arrived in Germany. Wtf?

Was supposed to have gotten it today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

I don't know what's going on with my shipment. Was in England for a few days just making the rounds there, missed its transfer yesterday and now it's arrived in Germany. Wtf?

I take it that it's coming with UPS ?

Their distribution hub is in Cologne, everything goes via that place. UPS' aircraft arrives into Dublin around 5am each morning from Cologne, so it'll probably be with you tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

Mine is in the same shipment :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

I'm due my upgrade on the 12th, they told me to pop in a few days before to reserve one as they should have ample stock.
    I won't hold my breath.

I luckily picked up a white 16gb yesterday evening in Vodafone on Grafton Street - brought it home and noticed that there is a single dead pixel in the screen...I read a few people talking about these so I thought I'd take a quick scan for any. It really is tiny and is only ever so slightly noticable on a white background when I max the brightness..

I kinda annoyed me it supposed to be a premium product but tbh, I dont think I'll bring it back at this point - not worth it in terms of I've downloaded apps already and I don't know how long I might be waiting for for another one.

Does everyone bring back iPhones with dead pixel(s)?

P.S I've come back to iPhone from an S3 and it is a beautiful piece of tech....delighted with it

• Advertisement

I brought back an iPad 3 to apple with a dead pixel when they were like hens teeth to buy. I had a new one on my desk within 2 working days.

All my apps are backed up in iCloud so backing up and restoring on to the replacement isn't a big deal.

Advertisement