Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S release date Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

In the event that Apple don't replace it, put this video on overnight and it might unstick your pixel. I had a friend do it with his iMac and it worked a treat.

WARNING: May cause seizures

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭TrueIt

Back up ypur old phone via icloud.. then set up your new iphone via icloud and not itunes

Thanks for that BTW!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭username?!

5s volume down button has started acting up on my one. When I set the phone on silent and unlock the phone the volume down button is automatically pressed and logo remains on screen until volume up is pressed and volume down button does not work.

When phone is on normal mode, volume down button causes phone to vibrate when pressed and phone acts as if silent switch has been click. Going to put in a claim with apple tomorrow. Really disappointed by this.

Would there be any point on going to vodafone? Would they be able to give me one there and then or will they have to send it off as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Got mine today. Anyone else's buttons very clicky? Home and volume buttons especially.
    Coming from a 4 they were near silent. Kinda odd I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Got mine today. Anyone else's buttons very clicky? Home and volume buttons especially.
    Coming from a 4 they were near silent. Kinda odd I thought.

Yep. The 5 & 5s both have "clicky" home buttons now. 4 & 4s were silent but more prone to failure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Yep. The 5 & 5s both have "clicky" home buttons now. 4 & 4s were silent but more prone to failure.
    the 5 is a lot less clicky than the 5S tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

the 5 is a lot less clicky than the 5S tbh.

I notice it more on my 5 for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Ok, noticed a dead pixel the other day and now a crack (albeit very small) has miraculously appeared at the bottom of my iPhone 5s just under the home button...I haven't had a chance to get a cover for it as I only got it in store a coupleof days ago so I have been really really gentle with it. It has not fallen or anything like. Should I go back to Vodafone or will they just say tough luck, you didn't take out insurance with us...or should I call Apple and see what they can do? If so is there's direct number I can call for them? I hear that apple are meant to be pretty good with this kinda thing

Disappointed over this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Ok, noticed a dead pixel the other day and now a crack (albeit very small) has miraculously appeared at the bottom of my iPhone 5s just under the home button...I haven't had a chance to get a cover for it as I only got it in store a coupleof days ago so I have been really really gentle with it. It has not fallen or anything like. Should I go back to Vodafone or will they just say tough luck, you didn't take out insurance with us...or should I call Apple and see what they can do? If so is there's direct number I can call for them? I hear that apple are meant to be pretty good with this kinda thing

Disappointed over this...
    Get onto Apple - don't mention the crack. Dead pixel is a legit reason for a replacement under warranty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Get onto Apple - don't mention the crack. Dead pixel is a legit reason for a replacement under warranty

The crack will need to be mentioned because if it is sent away and it's deemed accidental damage then there will be a charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I ordered the 5S online but forgot to tick the box to include a Nano Sim. Whats the best thing to do? Should I contact O2 or can I just walk into a shop and pick one up? Thanks!

kensutz wrote: »
    The crack will need to be mentioned because if it is sent away and it's deemed accidental damage then there will be a charge.

Cheers lads..what I want ideally is a replacement, them fixing the dead pixel and then just giving me back the same phone isn't going to fix the crack which I am adamant was an original fault in the device

Cheers lads..what I want ideally is a replacement, them fixing the dead pixel and then just giving me back the same phone isn't going to fix the crack which I am adamant was an original fault in the device

Apple just send out replacements - they won't repair

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Apple just send out replacements - they won't repair

Ok coola boola...I guess with the shortage facing most people I'll be back to playing the waiting game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

Benimar wrote: »
    I ordered the 5S online but forgot to tick the box to include a Nano Sim. Whats the best thing to do? Should I contact O2 or can I just walk into a shop and pick one up? Thanks!

Did the same thing but don't remember a tick box for nano sim

just go into any o2 shop and they will replace it for free.

order my iPhone 5S last Friday 15 got it on Tuesday 19 was totally amazed how fast it arrived

one up for o2 online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Ok coola boola...I guess with the shortage facing most people I'll be back to playing the waiting game

All replacement iPhones will be sorted for you in 5 days, you wont be re joining a queue, you already have your iPhone 5s so you would be a priority as such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

My 5s was bought direct from Apple, it had a rattle coming from inside it, rang them on a Thursday at 1pm, my replacement phone arrived on the Friday(next day) at 3pm, with a prepaid package to send the broken one back

billie1b wrote: »
    My 5s was bought direct from Apple, it had a rattle coming from inside it, rang them on a Thursday at 1pm, my replacement phone arrived on the Friday(next day) at 3pm, with a prepaid package to send the broken one back

An update on this - called Apple this morning and they said that as I bought it from Vodafone and was so recent (just 3 days ago), I should bring it back to them and they would sort it out for me. Was told that if I have any problems in bringing it back, to call Apple back right away.

An update on this - called Apple this morning and they said that as I bought it from Vodafone and was so recent (just 3 days ago), I should bring it back to them and they would sort it out for me. Was told that if I have any problems in bringing it back, to call Apple back right away.

Sounds like if Vodafone have one in stock, they should give you a direct replacement.

If Vodafone say, they are sending it back to Apple to you - you might as well do it yourself - will be quicker.

Apple also offer to send out a replacement before you send back the faulty handset - €30ish euros - they might waive that fee given that you only have it a few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

Is it not just the camera?

• Advertisement

jamesd wrote: »
    Is it not just the camera?

What? The issue is relating to a dead pixel and crack

Final update - went to Vodafone and they said at least 5 working days to send it out to be verified and have a new phone sent back. Could be longer due to Christmas period. Called back Apple and said this is too long as I use the phone for work, they said i could one couriered by Tuesday and then UPS mine back. They waived the €30 delivery charge but needed to freeze approx. €700 on the credit card until they receive back my original which I send when I get my new one.

Result!

Final update - went to Vodafone and they said at least 5 working days to send it out to be verified and have a new phone sent back. Could be longer due to Christmas period. Called back Apple and said this is too long as I use the phone for work, they said i could one couriered by Tuesday and then UPS mine back. They waived the €30 delivery charge but needed to freeze approx. €700 on the credit card until they receive back my original which I send when I get my new one.

Result!

As good as cutomer service as you can expect in fairness!
    Doubt Vodafone would have swapped the phone for you even if they had one spare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Ordered online from O2 on thursday night. Phone has just been delivered to my house :D Well done O2.

Only problem is I'm in work till 5.30 so can't get to use it till then :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭space2ground1

I still can't get a 5S from Vodafone's corporate section. My missus works for a company that has a deal with them but they keep saying it'll be a few more weeks. Frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

I still can't get a 5S from Vodafone's corporate section. My missus works for a company that has a deal with them but they keep saying it'll be a few more weeks. Frustrating.

I taught they would be readily available by now. I got mine on launch day which seems a good while ago now. Ace phone by the way will be worth the wait. The 5c is also nice but I prefer the high end tech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

I'm waiting on the 32GB on an upgrade with Meteor. None of the shops have had in it and it's not available online either. Very frustrating. I'm happy with Meteor and don't want to have to change network. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

insurance for the iphone 5s...anybody know any companies that are doing good offers ? Any responses appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

whiz wrote: »
    insurance for the iphone 5s...anybody know any companies that are doing good offers ? Any responses appreciated

You can get AppleCare+ for two years, That warranty and insurance, for 99euro I think.

Doesn't cover loss or theft though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭TrueIt

When i press down gently on the middle-left hand side of my 5s i get a clicking sound. Does anybody else get the same? or is it just me!

Advertisement