Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S release date Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

culabula wrote: »
    Please note the number from the Republic is: +3534890161900.

Eh no its not, the +353 is if you are ringing the Republic of Ireland from outside the Republic, anywhere in the UK and Northern Ireland is +44 or 0044

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

billie1b wrote: »
    Eh no its not, the +353 is if you are ringing the Republic of Ireland from outside the Republic, anywhere in the UK and Northern Ireland is +44 or 0044

Afraid not. Try it, you'll like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I store all my Irish numbers with '+353' as they will work in all countries especially does that don't use "00" as International prefix code like US and Canada.

murpho999 wrote: »
    I store all my Irish numbers with '+353' as they will work in all countries especially does that don't use "00" as International prefix code like US and Canada.

As any gentleman should!

murpho999 wrote: »

Yeah thats how I do it aswell, so when I leave the Republic I can contact people without having to dial manually with the +353, if your ringing the North or UK its +44 or 0044

• Advertisement

To clarify, dialling the north of the country should be in the format +353489x from a mobile, 0489x from a landline or mobile.

This will guarantee national rates when calling, though most networks within the State have introduced national rates for calling the north even when dialling in the +44 format.

This only works within the State -to dial the north from most other places abroad, +44 should be used (except some dodgy former Soviet bloc countries where the +353489x will work).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

When I ring the north from a landline or mobile I always use 0044 and I drop the

first zero of the number I am dialling +353 is code for Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

My sister's iPhone 5s arrived this morning in the post. She'll be happy as soon as I get it over to her.

When I ring the north from a landline or mobile I always use 0044 and I drop the

first zero of the number I am dialling +353 is code for Ireland.

Nevertheless, you may ring 0489x or +353489x which will guarantee your call at national rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Several rumours here in Spain of an October 25th launch. Ireland is usually in the same wave. I've seen someone claiming that Vodafone have it setup in some internal systems, also Phone House and this afternoon some guy who claims his brother working in an Apple Store has a 7 day vacation freeze starting on the 25th.

All totally unsubstantiated gossip from internet randomers but it would fit with the Apple quarterly results bring announced on Monday Oct 28th. I'm sure they'd like to announce that the iphones are available in more countries and have sold xx millions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

Several rumours here in Spain of an October 25th launch. Ireland is usually in the same wave. I've seen someone claiming that Vodafone have it setup in some internal systems, also Phone House and this afternoon some guy who claims his brother working in an Apple Store has a 7 day vacation freeze starting on the 25th.

All totally unsubstantiated gossip from internet randomers but it would fit with the Apple quarterly results bring announced on Monday Oct 28th. I'm sure they'd like to announce that the iphones are available in more countries and have sold xx millions.

Great username! I was thinking, I know that name from somewhere :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭stringy

Guy in Carphone Warehouse on Henry St told me 26th October, that was this afternoon. He said they were given release date but no prices.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

stringy wrote: »
    Guy in Carphone Warehouse on Henry St told me 26th October, that was this afternoon. He said they were given release date but no prices.

can we or will we need to pre-order?Iv never had an iphone but am going to make the jump to the darkside.Have heard before about the Apple fanboys queuing outside shops all night for these things.Will it be a case of it coming out then and selling out for another few weeks afterwards?I will in my backside be standing outside a phone shop at midnight but need to upgrade my phone soon as current one is giving me terrible trouble

dbagman wrote: »
    can we or will we need to pre-order?Iv never had an iphone but am going to make the jump to the darkside.Have heard before about the Apple fanboys queuing outside shops all night for these things.Will it be a case of it coming out then and selling out for another few weeks afterwards?I will in my backside be standing outside a phone shop at midnight but need to upgrade my phone soon as current one is giving me terrible trouble

Oh, I dunno, there's always iPhlirting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

culabula wrote: »
    Oh, I dunno, there's always iPhlirting.

what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 daithi3

Guy in 3 shop told me the 18th of Oct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

miralize wrote: »
    Apple wont base their product launches on Meteors schedule. Don't be daft.

Daft? You misunderstood me.
    When they release the new iPhone 5s and 5c. At the same time they will certify the Irish networks 4g service to run the iPhone 5.

Not suiting Meteor. There suiting themselves. Otherwise the iPhone 5 would be certified to run 4g now.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

The sooner the better, first time I've wanted a new Iphone since the 4. And all this waiting is tough!! Even if they just released a date, I'd be happy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

daithi3 wrote: »
    Guy in 3 shop told me the 18th of Oct.

He was telling porkies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Apologies, I know this has probably been answered but I haven't been keeping up with the iPhone 5S saga and have only just warmed to the idea of getting one but can I ask if anyone knows what the base price will be for the cheapest version in euros?

• Advertisement

Apologies, I know this has probably been answered but I haven't been keeping up with the iPhone 5S saga and have only just warmed to the idea of getting one but can I ask if anyone knows what the base price will be for the cheapest version in euros?

If you buy it in Belfast, your looking at €620.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sakrist

Not official release date in Denmark, 18 October http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=18052801&postcount=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I'd imagine they might announce the release of the 5S/5C to the rest of the world at their next event on 22nd October with the devices going onsale at midnight the following week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

billie1b wrote: »
    If you buy it in Belfast, your looking at €620.

Maybe at last year's rates :D

This year - it's closer to €650 for a 5s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Actually if I knew someone in the UK who could order one for me does anyone know how long the waiting list is? I presume you can order online from Apples UK website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tomtom101

Actually if I knew someone in the UK who could order one for me does anyone know how long the waiting list is? I presume you can order online from Apples UK website?

Alot of people on here have ordered from the UK using parcel motel!! The website is still listing October as the shipping date - so within the next 20 days... Apple.com/uk accepts a billing address in the republic and shipping address in the UK!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gaybitch

I've noticed that Three are now doing 8GB iPhone 4S for €379 SIM-free - considerably cheaper than before the launch of the 5S/5C.

Do you guys think this will drop further when the 5S/5C becomes available in Ireland in December, or is this the lowest the handset will fall to?

I want to buy a 4S but I'll hold off if it will become significantly cheaper in a few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tomtom101

Or you could try the used ones on amazon - 16GB, less than €400! Only thing is that it may be slightly uses - only the same as it would be if you used it for a while!! Also - beware of websites like gumtree or donedeal - make sure the phone isnt stolen and locked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

25th October 2013 confirmed on apple.ie

Advertisement