Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S release date Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gaybitch

This post has been deleted.

So you really don't think it'll drop more after the official Irish 5S release?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tomtom101

25th October 2013 confirmed on apple.ie

Where are you seeing this on apple.ie can i ask? Sorry - Its just not jumping out at me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

tomtom101 wrote: »
    Where are you seeing this on apple.ie can i ask? Sorry - Its just not jumping out at me!!

It's true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tomtom101

kensutz wrote: »
    It's true.

Cool... Well at least we now know a date!!! haha... No pre-orders or anything??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Just nothing on apple.ie yet but confirmed in an Apple press release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

gaybitch wrote: »
    So you really don't think it'll drop more after the official Irish 5S release?

That is the post-5s price.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

tomtom101 wrote: »

I don't see it either, am I missing something :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

imtdub wrote: »
    I don't see it either, am I missing something :eek:

here: http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2013/10/09iPhone-5s-iPhone-5c-Arrive-in-Italy-Russia-Spain-More-Than-25-Countries-on-Friday-October-25.html
    Apple wrote:
    CUPERTINO, California—October 9, 2013—Apple® today announced iPhone® 5s, the most forward-thinking smartphone in the world, and iPhone 5c, the most colorful iPhone yet, will be available in Italy, Russia, Spain and more than 25 additional countries on Friday, October 25.

iPhone 5s and 5c will be available on Friday, October 25 in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, French West Indies, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion Island, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan and Thailand. iPhone 5s and 5c will also be available on Friday, November 1 in Albania, Armenia, Bahrain, Colombia, El Salvador, Guam, Guatemala, India, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and UAE. Both iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c are currently available in the US, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Puerto Rico, Singapore and the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Any ideas of prices for ROI yet? I am currently using an iPhone 5 I bought directly from apple in March and a Galaxy I bought 4 weeks ago as an upgrade from 3. (I wanted to see which was better, iPhone is a winner for me, but only very marginally!) So I need to sell both to get the 5s. I just want to see how long it will take, I don't want to be without either phone for too long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭ATMatm

Any guesses on what bill pay prices would be?

• Advertisement

ATMatm wrote: »
    Any guesses on what bill pay prices would be?

Just guessing it would be around 169-199 mark on 24 month contract. With monthly bill being around 40+. The assumption is based on my previous iphone which I got for 169 upfront plus 40.66 on a 24 month contract with Three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭ATMatm

imtdub wrote: »
    Just guessing it would be around 169-199 mark on 24 month contract. With monthly bill being around 40+. The assumption is based on my previous iphone which I got for 169 upfront plus 40.66 on a 24 month contract with Three.

A tremendous technical guess. Thanks man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

plus, if you are not already a bill pay customer a deposit of €250 too

telling ya, it was hard work... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 KrisR

Any body know when pre-orders will be? going by the Iphone last year maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Do you reckon in order to buy one straight from apple online it will be a case of being online at the right time and getting it before they sell out? Didnt apple say there would be no-pre orders ect...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,909 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Do you reckon in order to buy one straight from apple online it will be a case of being online at the right time and getting it before they sell out? Didnt apple say there would be no-pre orders ect...

You're going to be waiting around 2-4 weeks after you order online anyway it would seem.

Aodhagan wrote: »
    You're going to be waiting around 2-4 weeks after you order online anyway it would seem.
    I dont mind waiting once I know its ordered. What would the other options be as I dont want to go on a bill or change my plan? I suppose Meteor will be selling them on pre pay?

I dont mind waiting once I know its ordered. What would the other options be as I dont want to go on a bill or change my plan? I suppose Meteor will be selling them on pre pay?

I was just responding to your "be online at the right time" statement. It won't matter what time you're online within the first few days because they will all be on back order.

Aodhagan wrote: »
    I was just responding to your "be online at the right time" statement. It won't matter what time you're online within the first few days because they will all be on back order.

Ah right, I thought they would have a set amount allocated for the first lot of orders and there would be a longer delay for people who missed the early orders.

• Advertisement

Ah right, I thought they would have a set amount allocated for the first lot of orders and there would be a longer delay for people who missed the early orders.

They didn't last year. Was a 4 week delay from the first minute for the 5 when it became available on Apple IE. Might be different for the 5S if demand has died down by the 25th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭space2ground1

I got my 4S when it was released through a work linkup with Vodafone. At the time it was around €300+ and €35 a month for a gig of data and all national calls and texts I think. That was an 18month contract.

Would I get anything close to that for the 5S?

I got my 4S when it was released through a work linkup with Vodafone. At the time it was around €300+ and €35 a month for a gig of data and all national calls and texts I think. That was an 18month contract.

Would I get anything close to that for the 5S?

Should be €229-250 up front for the 16GB on the €35 vodafone red plan.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Last year on the 5 I got it on a 12 month contract with eMobile do you reckon I will get a 12 month contract from any of the providers.
    No way am I doing 18/24 month contract not with a iPhone 6 coming out in 12 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

At the prices quoted here most would be better off on PAYG. Just use a credit card and don't pay it off in full every month if you want to "pay monthly"

Blah, really hope there's some sort of preorder system from the mobile networks (vodafone specifically), I have class that morning which I can't miss :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭eorpach

Blah, really hope there's some sort of preorder system from the mobile networks (vodafone specifically), I have class that morning which I can't miss :(

Both Three Ireland and Vodafone Ireland are offering people to pre-register their interest in a 5S or 5C via their websites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

http://www.vodafone.ie/comingsoon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

eorpach wrote: »
    Both Three Ireland and Vodafone Ireland are offering people to pre-register their interest in a 5S or 5C via their websites.

That's no guarantee that you'll get the phone though.

I always have to deal with this at the company I work for. Preordering a phone, especially the iPhone is no guarantee you'll get it in the day.

Advertisement