Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S release date Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

Sonics2k wrote: »
    That's no guarantee that you'll get the phone though.

I always have to deal with this at the company I work for. Preordering a phone, especially the iPhone is no guarantee you'll get it in the day.

you can pre-order in any 3 store and leave a small deposit and just walk past the queue on the day, thats what the guys in Blanch told me I could, guaranteed phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭The Big Smoke

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Should be €229-250 up front for the 16GB on the €35 vodafone red plan.

Very tempted even though my 4 is still working fine. The fingerprint lock is class in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Very tempted even though my 4 is still working fine. The fingerprint lock is class in fairness.

Same as. I still have the 4 but it's noticeably slow in comparison to most smartphones out there now. The 5S is awful tempting..

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drumzone

october 25 for ireland..... look at 9-5 mac,its there.....just got mine today online from uk... anyone want to buy my 5. spotless,16gb.black...unlocked.bought from apple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭OU812

drumzone wrote: »
    october 25 for ireland..... look at 9-5 mac,its there.....just got mine today online from uk... anyone want to buy my 5. spotless,16gb.black...unlocked.bought from apple.

If it was 32gb I'd have bought it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Sonics2k wrote: »
    That's no guarantee that you'll get the phone though.

I always have to deal with this at the company I work for. Preordering a phone, especially the iPhone is no guarantee you'll get it in the day.

I registered with Three not fussed if I am successful or not. But no harm in having registered.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Meteor just confirmed Oct 25th as well, I see voda have their coming soon and pre-register stuff up as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭bigron2109

My cousin who works for Meteor was saying they have to sell it on the 4G network, so price plans could be a slight bit more expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Please remember to offer items for sale on adverts.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

bigron2109 wrote: »
    My cousin who works for Meteor was saying they have to sell it on the 4G network, so price plans could be a slight bit more expensive.

Not trying to be smart but unless your cousin is in a senior position in meteor he probably knows no more than you or I at this stage. I doubt employees will know anything until the day before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

bigron2109 wrote: »

Meteor's 4G network is not certified by Apple so the 5/5c/5s wont work on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Lovephones

Would this go on sale online from the apple store at midnight or what time do they usually go on sale at ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

When I bought mine last year, it was something like 9 or 10am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

Rambo wrote: »

perfect timing, renewing contract 9 days later with vodafone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

When can you order from apple.ie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭shanec1928

MrMac84 wrote: »
    When can you order from apple.ie?
    the 25th. Should this not be in with the other release thread....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

shanec1928 wrote: »

I thought that two but the thread is over 5 pages now and getting stale

shanec1928 wrote: »

Wonder will there be much of a waiting list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drumzone

Wonder will there be much of a waiting list

I reckon it will be a pain,the usual 5 handsets each week in all the carriers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭displaced dub

Will be ordering sim free from apple this time and will wait however long it take. Noway will I ever enter any contract again

Will be ordering sim free from apple this time and will wait however long it take. Noway will I ever enter any contract again

Anyone who does is mental!! Il be ordering from apple on the Friday morning then whoreing out my white 4s too the highest bidder!! What colour 5s are people going for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭displaced dub

Anyone who does is mental!! Il be ordering from apple on the Friday morning then whoreing out my white 4s too the highest bidder!! What colour 5s are people going for?

I've done major whoreing out already, got the misses the 5C and sold her 16GB 4 for €240 and my 32gb 4S has a buyer too for €350.

I'll be having a 32GB space grey.

350for a 4s? Thats good I was thinking of asking 300

350for a 4s? Thats good I was thinking of asking 300

Same here, my other half is selling hers, putting it up for €300, hoping to get at least €275 for it

I might just try one if those phone repair shops I'd say its rare it's the owner walking In too sell with original box charger etc all togetber

I might just try one if those phone repair shops I'd say its rare it's the owner walking In too sell with original box charger etc all togetber

I tried it in Dublin city a couple of months ago with a 4s, they offered me €90!

billie1b wrote: »
    I tried it in Dublin city a couple of months ago with a 4s, they offered me €90!

I only asked in one place and they said 275 when I said it was factory unlocked his interest peaked but costumers came in and I was in a rush so left

• Advertisement

That was in cork city tho

Advertisement