Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S release date Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Parcel Motel only insure packages up to €100. Bit risky for a €700 phone no?

Originally I thought so but many people on here have bought from the UK through Parcel Motel and everything is traceable down to the driver so I don't think it is worth his job to rob it. It would look very bad on this new and upcoming business.

Plus I'd crucify them on twitter.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

siobhanoh wrote: »
    Originally I thought so but many people on here have bought from the UK through Parcel Motel and everything is traceable down to the driver so I don't think it is worth his job to rob it. It would look very bad on this new and upcoming business.

Plus I'd crucify them on twitter.:cool:
    so what happens if the parcel gets damaged?

so what happens if the parcel gets damaged?

I don't know, but the majority of people on this thread have had no problems. Which has made it seem less risky for me.

Come on people, optimism :D

siobhanoh wrote: »
    I don't know, but the majority of people on this thread have had no problems. Which has made it seem less risky for me.

Come on people, optimism :D
    I'm quite an optimistic guy, but when it comes to €700 of my hard earned cash i air on the side of caution :pac:

I'm quite an optimistic guy, but when it comes to €700 of my hard earned cash i air on the side of caution :pac:

I bought the iPhone 5 directly from apple for nearly €700 and didn't insure it. Stupidity? Probably. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

your package would have been covered by apple (i did the same last year), since parcel motel are a 3rd party it means the package is insured up until it hits their warehouse, after that you're only covered for 100 euro.

Oh I know, I meant I could have dropped it down the toilet myself and I didn't have it insured at all. I trust Parcel Motel to look after it more than I trust myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Huh :P

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »
    It'll be in line with German & French pricing. 699 eur, 799 eur and 899 eur for the the 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB respectively.
    ^^

Same. Id like to see them be a bit more aggressive with their EU pricing. The disparity is huge even taking customs into consideration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Is it cheaper too uk order?

Wheres the link too the irish prices can't seem too find it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭username?!

when will carriers have prices this is beyond a joke leaving it this late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭twinsen

username?! wrote: »
    when will carriers have prices this is beyond a joke leaving it this late.

I guess none of them wants to be first one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

miralize wrote: »
    Same. Id like to see them be a bit more aggressive with their EU pricing. The disparity is huge even taking customs into consideration.

What is the disparity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,967 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

just a quick one for anyone possibly using parcel motel for ordering their iphone, got a text message from parcel motel this morning saying I had a package awaiting pick up, I had ordered something on ebay over the weekend but didn't think it arrived so soon and I was right it was an amazon order for someone else, being the honest chap I left it back into the PM storage cabinet rang them from the number on screen and advised them. The reason I had someone elses package was that when the guy created the package his PM number must have was close to mine so my number was PM123456 and he had put PM23456, the guy sticking the Parcel motel label onto the box obviously didn't even check the names matched. So I think if I had seen an iphone shaped box in my storage locker it might have been harder to resist ;)

just a quick one for anyone possibly using parcel motel for ordering their iphone, got a text message from parcel motel this morning saying I had a package awaiting pick up, I had ordered something on ebay over the weekend but didn't think it arrived so soon and I was right it was an amazon order for someone else, being the honest chap I left it back into the PM storage cabinet rang them from the number on screen and advised them. The reason I had someone elses package was that when the guy created the package his PM number must have was close to mine so my number was PM123456 and he had put PM23456, the guy sticking the Parcel motel label onto the box obviously didn't even check the names matched. So I think if I had seen an iphone shaped box in my storage locker it might have been harder to resist ;)

Thanks for the warning! I definitely put the right parcel order on it anyway. Just have to hope the driver does his job properly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

What time Friday can I buy off the apple.ie website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

My mother is due an upgrade with vodafone in December ( 55 euro per month), what are her chances of getting her upgrade moved forward to order an iphone 5s on release day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭Pool4Life

My mother is due an upgrade with vodafone in December ( 55 euro per month), what are her chances of getting her upgrade moved forward to order an iphone 5s on release day?
    If She rings customer care they will tell her if she is able to get an early upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

I'll be staying up late so on Thurday night. :)

Still no news from carriers? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

username?! wrote: »
    Still no news from carriers? :(

It's like a game of poker they are all playing with each other. Who will blink 1st & release their pricing scheme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

It's like a game of poker they are all playing with each other. Who will blink 1st & release their pricing scheme.

I don't know why, they'll most likely offer the same as last year and maybe try to squeeze more out of 4g subscriptions.

I asked Vodafone what their prices would be and was told 'more info would be available on launch day'

:confused: Ridiculous.

I asked Vodafone what their prices would be and was told 'more info would be available on launch day'

:confused: Ridiculous.
    rang Vodafone. Was told phones will be available from upgrade team on the phone, website and in store. Couldn't tell me what the stock is like though in any of the stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

The lads over on the O2 support forum posted this earlier:

"Unfortunately we will be unable to share any pricing information in advance of Friday. Those that have registered their interest will get information by email on Friday regarding the sale of the phone.

I'm sorry, I did say earlier that we should have information before Friday but it turns out not to be the case. The iPhones will still be on sale on Friday though, all sizes, types and colours."

First year this has happened, very strange behaviour

Advertisement