Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB vs PTSB

Options
  • 18-09-2013 3:15pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've been with AIB for a long time but am looking to save on fees. PTSB seems a good deal better. I have read the thread comparing it to BOI but how does their online banking compare to AIB's? I've always found it brilliant compared to BOI.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'd also be interested in this if anyone can give an opinion. AIB's fees are far too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

I moved to PTSB a few years ago when UB screwed me around. I find the online set up easy to use. I don't pay any fees. I have no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

pinkypinky wrote: »
    I've been with AIB for a long time but am looking to save on fees. PTSB seems a good deal better. I have read the thread comparing it to BOI but how does their online banking compare to AIB's? I've always found it brilliant compared to BOI.

I moved from AIB to PTSB 2 months ago.
    Online banking doesn't look as snazzy as AIB but functionally its equivelant.
    Can setup your own standing orders and direct debits etc, make national and international payments...All the same really. I dont think its missing anything.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I heard that you cannot forward date a payment - is this correct?

I.e. I pay my credit bill when I get it in the post, but I future date the payment to a few days before it's actually due.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

pinkypinky wrote: »
    I heard that you cannot forward date a payment - is this correct?

True.

I have been using PTSB online banking for 5 years, it is a great service with no problems. Highly recommend PTSB online banking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

How long does it take to open a PTSB account once the application is sent? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Allin all it took 3 weeks before I had my card and pin and internet banking.

It is true that you cant schedule a payment in the future with ptsb.

Havent noticed anything else but there are few options on the left hand menu on ptsb so maybe there are sonme functions that I have forgotten about.

I prefer AIB internet banking, but its not worth €280 per year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I recently moved to PTSB from AIB after being with AIB for over 10 years. The switcher team at PTSB were brilliant, I made an appointment, arrived in and they setup my account, that evening I could access my online banking and within a week I had my card and pin, then about week and a half all my direct debts/standing orders etc were moved over without any hassle. It took a total of 3 weeks and all i had to do was drop in for a 30 minute meeting with my details.

I would recommend it for anyone interested, very easy and stress free. Finding them just as good as AIB so far, no complaints, I can still do everything I used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭roadrunnermick

Hi everyone, I was thinking the exact same , however i would like to Apply for a mortgage over the next year , Would a long term relationship with AIB be more beneficial in terms of me staying with AIB or does it really matter if i switch to PTSB?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Makes no difference any more where you bank. These decisions are made centrally nowadays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

I'm another AIB customer. I have a meeting scheduled with my local PTSB for next Tuesday to switch over all my banking (Current account and Credit Card).

Advertisement