Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

end of phone contract

• 18-09-2013 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

have a samsung s3 and the contract runs out in 5 months or so.
    just wondering what happens then.
    do i keep the phone
    can i sell the phone
    do i continue to use the phone
    will i be offered an upgrade

Comments

d13 wrote: »
    have a samsung s3 and the contract runs out in 5 months or so.
    just wondering what happens then.
    do i keep the phone
    can i sell the phone
    do i continue to use the phone
    will i be offered an upgrade

Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes

tumblr_mqor6sz3eI1rawzgvo1_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

You can do what you want with the phone,its yours...

Your probably better going with somebody new to get a good deal on a new phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

The answer would be yes but why ask in the android forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, you will be a free agent at the end of the contract and the phone is yours to keep (you'll need to ask them for the unlock code if you want to move to another network) but one of the stunts the phone companies may try on with you is to phone you before the contract is up to offer you a discount on your monthly bill if you sign up for another 'nn' months.

What they will not tell you is that you will get nothing for doing so. What you should do is absolutely nothing until the end of the contract at which stage you can see what type of offer they can put on the table in the form of a new phone or if you're happy with the phone, just drop down to a basic contract and save yourself a heap of money.

If you can afford to do so, buy a new phone SIM-free, then you can cherry-pick the best deal thats out there and you'll have the option to move network any time you choose. Subsidized phones are crap when it comes to value for money.

Advertisement