Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot Access NAS over WiFi

Options
  • 18-09-2013 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

This is a new issue. Everything was working perfectly up until approx 1 week ago.

I cannot access or ping the NAS when using wifi. This occurs when using OSX 10.7.5 and Windows 7. Once I re-connect the ethernet everything works fine.

I have updated the NAS software and checked the IPs several times.

My NAS is a Netgear NAS Duo V2.
    The router is an Eircom F1000. I use wall plugs to connect to a 5 port switch upstairs. The NAS is directly connected to the switch. This worked perfectly for 5/6 months.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

I'd say you may need to be looking at the NAS, I've had similar difficulty with a Boxee Box stopping connecting to Vista/Win 7 (after a few weeks) where XP worked fine. Under Open Source GPL the latest versions of Samba (3.0 upwards, now at 4.0) do not allow it to be used on proprietary closed source boxes like this so they end up using hacked versions of the older Samba 2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 42 offmeheadpal

known issue with F1000's and NAS

log into the modem, network settings > qos > class setup > EDIT RTSP and default from LAN to LOCAL, or just delete all settings in the QoS Class setup list

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

log into the modem, network settings > qos > class setup > EDIT RTSP and default from LAN to LOCAL, or just delete all settings in the QoS Class setup list

Brilliant, I try that in the morning. If that is the solution, strange that it was working for months.

Ill report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Worked a charm. Thanks a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

T-K-O wrote: »
    Hi guys,

This is a new issue. Everything was working perfectly up until approx 1 week ago.

I cannot access or ping the NAS when using wifi. This occurs when using OSX 10.7.5 and Windows 7. Once I re-connect the ethernet everything works fine.

I have updated the NAS software and checked the IPs several times.

My NAS is a Netgear NAS Duo V2.
    The router is an Eircom F1000. I use wall plugs to connect to a 5 port switch upstairs. The NAS is directly connected to the switch. This worked perfectly for 5/6 months.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

log onto f1000 modem

go to network settings > qos > class setup

modify rtsp > change interface from LAN to Local

click apply

modify defualt queue > correct spelling of queue name to default

change interface from LAN to local

click apply

your wireless NAS should start working now

• Advertisement
Advertisement