Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBAN code should it be 13 number characters? The code that i have is 26 numbers.

Options
  • 18-09-2013 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So i would like to add new payee but the system doesnt let me submit it because IBAN code is incorrect. Though its not. The code is with 26 numbers plus the two letters. Thats what the bank of the person gave to her. How can i make it shorter? Which characters should be written down and which ones should i cut off? At the end there are 8 0-s, maybe its not necessary f. e.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi bognmo,

It can sometimes depend on the country, how long the IBAN will be. You can validate an IBAN code here. If you are still having issues, please call Banking 365 to double check what is causing the issue for you.

You can call Banking 365 on 0818 365 365 or 00 353 1 404 4000. The hours for Banking 365 are weekdays 8am until midnight, 9am until 6pm weekends and bank holidays.

Thank you very much for posting.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement