Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

city held to ransom

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

drumswan wrote: »
    Get the bus after the bottleneck. Its not rocket science.

Do you even have any clue how far the buses had to detour around this shite? Why should people have to get off a bus, walk down the road and then wait 40 minutes to an hour for the bus that you just got off to make it around the idiots blocking the road so you can get back on it?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stevestevenson

Then they'd protest that the jobs they were given weren't tax free.

"But OI can't work.... OI'd lose me bleeeeeeeeeeeeedin medical card - I "blame the guddernment.... and the bleeeeeeedin Brit's [sic]" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

I did say Europe.....

Point taken, apologies.

23rd most corrupt in Europe or 13th least corrupt of those rated.
    Still a far cry from the "most corrupt country in Europe"

I would like to think that it let the crooks in the fail know where not taking it anymore. We won't be trampled on any more and we'll stand up and fight

Do you think they even NOTICED?:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Tommy Dillon

whatnext wrote: »
    Point taken, apologies.

23rd most corrupt in Europe or 13th least corrupt of those rated.
    Still a far cry from the "most corrupt country in Europe"

They haven't even got to the bottom of the corruption in this place. Probably only the tip of an ice burg if u ask me..... I reckon there will be movies made about this place when it all comes out

• Advertisement

bumper234 wrote: »
    Do you think they even NOTICED?:mad:

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Wonder how many of the protesters are working and paying tax...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

drumswan wrote: »
    Get the bus after the bottleneck. Its not rocket science.

Its this kind of attitude that completely alienates any kind of support and positive attention these protesters are trying to garner. Like many other people the bus I was getting starts on the northside and travels south so once the protest started no buses were getting through to those waiting on the south side and vice-versa. My pregnant wife didn't have the capability to walk 8km home so sat on the unmoving bus for 2 hours.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Wonder how many of the protesters are working and paying tax...

I'd say quiet a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I'd say quiet a few

I doubt that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭ewan whose army

"But OI can't work.... OI'd lose me bleeeeeeeeeeeeedin medical card - I "blame the guddernment.... and the bleeeeeeedin Brit's [sic]" :rolleyes:

Whats this got to do with us Brits ?

Yes

They noticed and laughed at the fucking idiots blocking normal people from going about their day. Guards should have just pepper sprayed the lot of them. I see they were not long moving when they heard the dog nits were on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Yes

They probably did and they're probably loving it, people are focusing all their attention and anger on the muppets disrupting the city. I've never seen such a counter productive 'protest'

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Are you happy living n this country? Are u happy paying off debts you had nothing to do with? Are you happy that babies born today are inheriting huge debt? Are u happy corrupt politicians and bankers walk free? Are you happy paying off things like a credit union in mulligar or some place? Are you happy to let it continue?

Tell you what I'm not happy about; having to pay for private health care because A&E is full of drunks and scumbags who have injured themselves and others, or worse, Gardai, whose job it is to protect citizens. The long term unemployed who are too feckless to get a job and pay their way in the world. But who enjoy all the privileges, amenities and sun holidays that the average working person scrimps and saves for. The unmarried mothers who see parenthood as a "career choice" and a ticket for a free house and lifestyle. The dole scroungers who mysteriously can afford to run a van and leave the house every morning carrying a bag of tools and spare parts. The OAPs who have fat, guaranteed pensions and who are only to happy to avail of all the entitlements they have "earned".

I work hard all day, every day. I pay my taxes and I shoulder my burdens.

You may have the right to protest. But your rights end, where my rights begin. If you overstep that boundary, there will be consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Tell you what I'm not happy about; having to pay for private health care because A&E is full of drunks and scumbags who have injured themselves and others, or worse, Gardai, whose job it is to protect citizens. The long term unemployed who are too feckless to get a job and pay their way in the world. But who enjoy all the privileges, amenities and sun holidays that the average working person scrimps and saves for. The unmarried mothers who see parenthood as a "career choice" and a ticket for a free house and lifestyle. The dole scroungers who mysteriously can afford to run a van and leave the house every morning carrying a bag of tools and spare parts. The OAPs who have fat, guaranteed pensions and who are only to happy to avail of all the entitlements they have "earned".

You may have the right to protest. But your rights end, where my rights begin. If you overstep that boundary, there will be consequences.

I think the bit in bold echo's the sentiments of every sane person in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Daithi101

Well said, I am in the same boat as yourself, I was unfortunate enought tobe out of work for a while and in receipt of social welfare, never had a stronger incentive to find work than having to go to the local SWO and sign on with the likes who were at the protest yesterday.

Those "protesters" and I use the term loosely, really haven't a clue. Protest if you have a solution to a problem, not because you have nothing else to do till dole day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭AlanG

Ridiculous protest on O’Connell St. yesterday will make people afraid to join the organised protest at the Dial. Seemed to be mostly right wing republicians who haven’t a clue what they were protesting about. This is a democracy and these parties have no support so should not be abel to block people from going to and coming from the work that pays for the services they want handed to them.

How many people missed child pick-ups or lost out on wages because of delays caused by these few protestors.

AlanG wrote: »
    Ridiculous protest on O’Connell St. yesterday will make people afraid to join the organised protest at the Dial. Seemed to be mostly right wing republicians who haven’t a clue what they were protesting about. This is a democracy and these parties have no support so should not be abel to block people from going to and coming from the work that pays for the services they want handed to them.

How many people missed child pick-ups or lost out on wages because of delays caused by these few protestors.

I have no idea, all these protests do is make people hostile to what may be a legitimate point

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

So we let the credit union fold and ordinary people lose their savings? Hardly good for the "99%" is it?

Or do what Sweden did, as McWilliams advised, and guarantee deposits but not investors.

But no, biffo and the lads had to look after their friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Seaneh wrote: »
    Or do what Sweden did, as McWilliams advised, and guarantee deposits but not investors.

But no, biffo and the lads had to look after their friends.

It is a credit union. There is only deposits in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Lads is really was a small group like 15 protesters, it wouldn't have been a big deal if the gards just stepped in and moved them on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

reprazant wrote: »
    It is a credit union. There is only deposits in it.

So, obviously it would have been protected.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

But your rights end, where my rights begin. If you overstep that boundary, there will be consequences.

Oooh! What ya gonna do?

Log onto boards.ie and put them firmly in thier place? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Daithi101 wrote: »

Those "protesters" and I use the term loosely, really haven't a clue. Protest if you have a solution to a problem, not because you have nothing else to do till dole day.

but you'll always have the rent a riot mob about.....just phone your local SF office and they'll send one out

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Daithi101

fryup wrote: »
    but you'll always have the rent a riot mob about.....just phone your local SF office and they'll send one out

Unfortunately that is true.

yep, and SF popularity is rising in the opinion polls...god help us if they ever get into power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

yep, and SF popularity is rising in the opinion polls...god help us if they ever get into power

Yeah because the parties of middle Ireland, FF & FG, have been a roaring success.

^^^^^^^^^^

well at least give FG/Labour a chance they inherited a god awful mess...that will take years to resolve its not going to happen overnight, and their doing their damnedest to do just that

some delusional people in this country think a change of goverment will instantly make things better, doesn't work like that i'm afraid

^^^^^^^^^^

well at least give FG/Labour a chance they inherited a god awful mess...that will take years to resolve its not going to happen overnight, and their doing their damnedest to do just that

some delusional people in this country think a change of goverment will instantly make things better, doesn't work like that i'm afraid

I would rather give FG/Labour another 4 years than give the shinners 6 months in power.

• Advertisement

^^^^^^^^^^

i.e the UK

People expected once Labour was out things would immediately get better, sadly it hasn't

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement