Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Factory reset: what android version will I get?

• 18-09-2013 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭

Sorry if this is an obvious question but I've done so much research, I've confused myself!! This is my first android phone.

I recently got a unlocked, second-hand Galaxy S2. I think it started life with Android v3.x and got an official update from the phone company to 4.0.3. There are no more official updates due.

I'd like to start with a clean slate so when I root it/custom ROM it, I know where I'm starting from :)

I guess my question is, if I do a factory reset, will it restart with v3.x or v4.0.3? There are little or no data belonging to me on the phone at the moment...

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭pah

Dubwat wrote: »
    Sorry if this is an obvious question but I've done so much research, I've confused myself!! This is my first android phone.

I recently got a unlocked, second-hand Galaxy S2. I think it started life with Android v3.x and got an official update from the phone company to 4.0.3. There are no more official updates due.

I'd like to start with a clean slate so when I root it/custom ROM it, I know where I'm starting from :)

I guess my question is, if I do a factory reset, will it restart with v3.x or v4.0.3? There are little or no data belonging to me on the phone at the moment...

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭pah

A factory reset will always bring the phone back to the initial setup of that particular firmware version.

Eg if you installed a cyanogenmod 10 Rom and did a factory reset in a month it would go back to cyanogenmod as if you had just installed it.

Advertisement