Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courier costs

Options
  • 18-09-2013 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone here has advice on this issue. I have a faulty electrical product I bought from Dabs.ie that's still under warranty. I've contacted them and they said they'd be happy to check if the product is faulty if I send it to them in Bolton. They said they would reimburse me €7.95 + VAT for shipping fees (and replace the item) if they feel that its a manufacturing fault.

I've just checked the packaging costs with An Post and its about €30 as its 2.5 kg. The item in question was €42 to begin with and its going to cost me another €20 after reimbursement. Does anyone know if I should have to be out of pocket for this if its a manufacturers fault?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

If you claim under the manufacturer's guarantee you are subject to the terms and conditions of the guarantee.

If you claim under Irish consumer law you cannot be out of pocket if the defect is genuine. You may need to cover costs to establish the cause of the defect, but if it is determined to be a manufacturing defect then by law you are entitled to all costs refunded too, including costs of shipping and checking.

Ask dabs if they can recommend a cheaper mode of shipping or return to a local address.

Advertisement