Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anons and reregs

Options
  • 18-09-2013 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭

I've had my issues with people on here, quite recently and why I might not give them the respect and recognition they want as athletes I acknowledge their right to post and say what they want. While I disagree with almost everything these people say (and yes mods I am talking about one person in particular but I think it's relevant and not provocation) I respect the fact that they publicly link their username to their real world identity. Not hiding behind fake names means comments need to be stood over.

There are a raft of bitter little $&$&ers who use low or no post accounts and reregs to continually cross the line and say things that they would not were they known.

What I would like to see is a sub board created the main discussion board if you will, and have this board require 500 posts before you can post on it. Then there are consequences of having a permanent ban on your account, a lengthy process to get back on.

Personally I think that this would alleviate the problem of nasty kids coming on just to abuse.

Comments?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Just report any nonsense? Have to say, the mods seem to be doing a decent job of keeping the ship steady lately. I can't really see a "min post" function working tbh. (Though I can see where you're coming from with some of the abuse thrown your way lately).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Just report any nonsense? Have to say, the mods seem to be doing a decent job of keeping the ship steady lately. I can't really see a "min post" function working tbh. (Though I can see where you're coming from with some of the abuse thrown your way lately).

Not actually thinking about the abuse coming my way. While that was a little much for me it was done by someone who is an established user so that's fine really in my eyes.

It's the users who on their first post post something completely uncalled for and designed to hurt as opposed to someone just being a c0ck

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

There are already procedures and rules to cut off trolls pretty quickly, but I wasn't aware of a problem here. I don't see a need for a minimum post rule in a sub forum. All that would do is create a clique. If you want one of those request a private forum (if they still allow them) and invite members in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

I know what you are saying and I know why you are saying it but I don't think a minimum post limit is feasible for a forum of our size. There was a cereal/serial (I'm tired) re-reg banned today and his/her post lasted all of maybe 30minutes, despite the fact that the post wasn't actually reported. In future, report these posts, don't feed their attention seeking trolling, and sooner or later they'll give up.

I'm also locking this thread as I don't see how any good can come from it beyond what's been discussed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement