Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Stock Markets

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Is that 10pm our time our Yankie time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Is that 10pm our time our Yankie time?

Our time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I highly doubt its going to work.

Rockstar are no idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Delboy007

Hi

I am about to do the The Merryweather Heist is there any stock i should buy before i do it and if so what and how long should i hold on to it to make money.

On a side note i see everyone is saying do not do the Assassination mission until u have the main story done and then invest loads and make loads, i do not get this why would i do this, as i would have the game complated why would i need all this money then, would i not need it when i am playing the story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Delboy007 wrote: »
    Hi

I am about to do the The Merryweather Heist is there any stock i should buy before i do it and if so what and how long should i hold on to it to make money.

On a side note i see everyone is saying do not do the Assassination mission until u have the main story done and then invest loads and make loads, i do not get this why would i do this, as i would have the game complated why would i need all this money then, would i not need it when i am playing the story

Buying property, cars, etc isn't part of the main story. By leaving the Assassinations until the end, you'll have built up a good chunk of money with the three characters, can invest in the relevant stocks, make loads of money, then have enough to buy the properties and businesses.

Of course if you're not interesting in buying the stuff, then just go ahead and do the missions as you would normally.

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Buying property, cars, etc isn't part of the main story. By leaving the Assassinations until the end, you'll have built up a good chunk of money with the three characters, can invest in the relevant stocks, make loads of money, then have enough to buy the properties and businesses.

Of course if you're not interesting in buying the stuff, then just go ahead and do the missions as you would normally.

Ah ok i get it now, i have aready bought the weed shop (makes money) and for some reason i bought a helipad no use at all, can you make money when u buy a scrap yard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

scrap yard just earned me 2500, weed shop is a good earner 9300

scrap yard just earned me 2500, weed shop is a good earner 9300

How do u earn money with the scrap yeard, and with the weed should i was asked to pick up truck went to point and nothing i am missing something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

i havent been asked to do anything with the weed shop it just gives you a weekly income, best moneymaker i found was the sonar place, 230 k to buy it but you can collect chemical waste at 23 k a barrel and there is 30 of them

I highly doubt its going to work.

Rockstar are no idiots.

It worked for HAL. It was on Reddit that people decided lets all buy HAL to see what happens and it increased massively.

I'm currently losing about 150million on Ammu-Nation. No point selling now. Think I'm in for the long haul with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Be careful with the stocks, if your money goes over a certain point then it goes negative because it can only store to a certain integer. Its somewhere in the 3bn mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Be careful with the stocks, if your money goes over a certain point then it goes negative because it can only store to a certain integer. Its somewhere in the 3bn mark.

Just over 2 billion per character, so you can have just over 6 billion in total.

Out of curiosity, what happens when you go negative, I take it money doesn't work?

I kinda wish there wasn't a cap....just as easy to turn 1m into 2m as it is 100bn to 200bn :)

Would really love manipulate the stocks with that amount of cash!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I haven't even got anywhere near 200K for any character yet!! I don't get the markets either, just done some light dabbling, bought some shares, lost on some, gained on others ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Just put everything I have with all 3 characters into pisswasser, hopefully this works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

I haven't even got anywhere near 200K for any character yet!! I don't get the markets either, just done some light dabbling, bought some shares, lost on some, gained on others ...

Just make sure you save the assassinations missions till last, don't bother with the stocks beforehand. You should have around 30m each by the time you're finished the story. Then do the assassinations and you should be up to over 1bn each if you do it right ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

It worked for HAL. It was on Reddit that people decided lets all buy HAL to see what happens and it increased massively.

I'm currently losing about 150million on Ammu-Nation. No point selling now. Think I'm in for the long haul with them.

HAL was a logical place to put money as when I got it, it was like 76c so you could purchase a massive quantity and it was always gonna go up.

I just don't think its gonna work for us in online mode like that though, I don't think Rockstar would let it happen that easily, as it would reduce the microtransaction purchases!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

How do u earn money with the scrap yeard, and with the weed should i was asked to pick up truck went to point and nothing i am missing something?

Wreck cars from the sounds of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Jamez735 wrote: »
    Just make sure you save the assassinations missions till last, don't bother with the stocks beforehand. You should have around 30m each by the time you're finished the story. Then do the assassinations and you should be up to over 1bn each if you do it right ;)

Too late :/

I kind of want to have money in game as I'm playing more so thanafter I've finished. I don't plan on rushing through the missions. I'm only at 20%+ right now, and want to just spend some timeexploring for now before getting back to the main storyline. Money would be nice to just ... buy loads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I just made $200 million for Franklin after investing $55 million, I was a bit antsy about r/GTAMarket planning a mass sell-off at ~10pm GMT.

Might be worth investing a few quid in Logger Beer as its Piswassers rival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

How do u earn money with the scrap yeard,

Every car that is destroyed in the game that week get's the scrap yard $150.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Can anyone tell me if the price of Merrywhether stock increases after the final mission? Their price fell and I sunk all of my dough into them following a msg from their CEO about buying his own stock back cheaply.
    It looks like it should be about 250 or so. I bought at 97. I'm waiting for it to go back up so I can sell up and invest in the one Lester mission I have left.
    If all goes well I should crack 500 mill per character. If the Merrywhether stock rises anyway.
    Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

Can anyone tell me if the price of Merrywhether stock increases after the final mission? Their price fell and I sunk all of my dough into them following a msg from their CEO about buying his own stock back cheaply.
    It looks like it should be about 250 or so. I bought at 97. I'm waiting for it to go back up so I can sell up and invest in the one Lester mission I have left.
    If all goes well I should crack 500 mill per character. If the Merrywhether stock rises anyway.
    Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Mine rose back up but not much at all. You have prob lost a fair aul chunk of change. Luckily I had only a few hundred grand in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Kevvv wrote: »
    Mine rose back up but not much at all. You have prob lost a fair aul chunk of change. Luckily I had only a few hundred grand in it

It's actually gone up slightly since, but not as much as I'd like. Im just itching to get it sorted out so that I can buy all the properties and cars and what not. If it doesn't climb up a decent bit soon I'll just sell up and finish the Lester missions. I'll still end with more than I really need anyway.
    Thanks for the reply.

Edit

I worded my first post badly. I bought the shares after the final mission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

I put all my money on vapid shares after the assassination mission when they dropped 100%, but its been hours (real time) and they haven't moved back up at all?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

My question is about the free cash you get. Dont want to spoil it so i am using the spoiler tags.
    I was with michael and this blue dot appears where this guy is being robbed of his bike by someone else and he yells for help. So i go out and get the bike for him. Next time i play ( dont remember how long it took) but anyways, i get this random text saying that the guy that i helped was a CEO or something like that of some animal company ( i think it was pet food manufacturing company). Anyway he buys 100K worth of shares in his company for me.

Now my question is. I have left that money for a couple of days but the stock value of this 100k hasnt really gone up or down. Has this happend to you guys? Do you think i should just cash in the money and invest somewhere else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

jmx009 wrote: »
    My question is about the free cash you get. Dont want to spoil it so i am using the spoiler tags.
    I was with michael and this blue dot appears where this guy is being robbed of his bike by someone else and he yells for help. So i go out and get the bike for him. Next time i play ( dont remember how long it took) but anyways, i get this random text saying that the guy that i helped was a CEO or something like that of some animal company ( i think it was pet food manufacturing company). Anyway he buys 100K worth of shares in his company for me.

Now my question is. I have left that money for a couple of days but the stock value of this 100k hasnt really gone up or down. Has this happend to you guys? Do you think i should just cash in the money and invest somewhere else?

Yea it happened to me. I sold as they were going down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

Liam90 wrote: »
    I put all my money on vapid shares after the assassination mission when they dropped 100%, but its been hours (real time) and they haven't moved back up at all?????

Advance the game time by 48hrs and they'll be back up to 100% doubling your money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Near had a heart attack this morning. Put about $11m of Michael's money and $18m of Franklin's into different stocks last night. Checked this morning before going to work and it was saying all the Bawsaq stocks were down 100%, losing me all the money. Obviously can't be right though, and the Social Club site is saying I'm making a profit. Some scare though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Also, does anyone know why the Social Club site still shows stocks I no longer own (and haven't in a while)?

Advertisement