Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Stock Markets

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Is Bawsaq down for anyone else? Has been down the last two days for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

shanec1928 wrote: »

Same here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

shanec1928 wrote: »

Worked yesterday but down all day today. Tried five or six times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Been back up for me the last half hour or so. So have Social Club Notifications. Still no luck joining online though.

Made a tidy enough profit on my stocks. Have now pushed most of it over to Pisswasser which is back on the rise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Did the planned reddit pisswater crash go ahead? Did it work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Nope, PIS is still steaming ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Nope, PIS is still steaming ahead.

It would only be a short term drop. The idea was for it to plummet for midnight so everyone could buy cheaply at that point. Doesn't matter where it is now, where it was at midnight is what mattered.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It would only be a short term drop. The idea was for it to plummet for midnight so everyone could buy cheaply at that point. Doesn't matter where it is now, where it was at midnight is what mattered.

Exactly. The whole point of stocks is to buy low, sell high. By crashing the PIS stocks, you can buy loads of shares really cheaply. As more people start to buy them again, the value of your own shares goes up.

But, hold on to the shares too long, the price drops again. I'll probably offload most of my shares tomorrow. Then pick new ones to invest in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

What are people investing in at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

srumball wrote: »
    What are people investing in at the moment?

My money is is Debonairre, Gold Coast, Pisswasser and HAL

oh and redwood or whatever its called

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Has the in-game BAWSAQ been down for maintenance for ages for anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I've invested in Benefactor and Vapid, and am going around destroying every one that I see. I've also bought the scrapyard. Am I doing it right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

jd007 wrote: »
    Has the in-game BAWSAQ been down for maintenance for ages for anyone else?

I got back on to it late, last night.

Varik wrote: »
    I got back on to it late, last night.

It was gone for me all last night and still wasn't working before I came to work earlier :/ I've 40 million in Pisswasser which is still on the rise.

It was gone for me all last night and still wasn't working before I came to work earlier :/ I've 40 million in Pisswasser which is still on the rise.

It's working again for me just now, I've got 500m in Pisswasser and the return is 46.33%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

It's working again for me just now, I've got 500m in Pisswasser and the return is 46.33%

Are you finished the story? how do you have so much money? a brief synopsis would be awesome. I need some CASH!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Are you finished the story? how do you have so much money? a brief synopsis would be awesome. I need some CASH!!

If you leave the assassination missions till last you should have about 30m each to invest, and by following this guide, you should be able to turn it into over 1 billion each. ;)

I am but most of it was before the game ended and I've still the last 3 assassination missions to do. Most of my money is from HAL and Pisswasser, buying at each drop and selling constantly at highs.

I've about 450M for michael and about 150 and 130 for Frank and Trevor ( I actually spend money with them and save it which Mick for the all his major purchases).

I am but most of it was before the game ended and I've still the last 3 assassination missions to do. Most of my money is from HAL and Pisswasser, buying at each drop and selling constantly at highs.

Wow if you already have that kinda cash, doing the assassinations will definitely send you into negatives!

How long do you think Pisswasser will continue to rise for?

• Advertisement

How long do you think Pisswasser will continue to rise for?

No clue, I'm no longer checking it a lot to make the most of drops and falls. With all the players buying it I'd say it'll keep going for a while.

I'm just going until I can afford everything for the rest of time.
    Jamez735 wrote: »
    Wow if you already have that kinda cash, doing the assassinations will definitely send you into negatives!

I've not bought any of the big properties and just spent some of Frank and Trevors on vehicles so I'll be buying stuff after I hit a billion and I think the limit is a good big over that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I guess there must be a lot of GTA players trading in the real world :pac:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/10/04/us-tweeterhome-twitter-idUSBRE9930P220131004
    Excitement for Twitter's coming IPO is running pretty high - so much so that some investors on Friday mistook the nearly worthless stock of long-dead electronics retailer Tweeter for the "tweeting" site, sending shares up more than 1,000 percent.

Tweeter Home Entertainment Group, a specialty consumer electronics company that went bankrupt in 2007, saw a its most active day of trading in more than six years even though it has nothing to do with the social media site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I guess there must be a lot of GTA players trading in the real world :pac:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/10/04/us-tweeterhome-twitter-idUSBRE9930P220131004

So... how long do I wait before I sell?

Yay I managed to do last man standing without in freezing, and now I'm playing with loads of boardsies ;)

It's definitely improved a lot today...here's hoping this character will save!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

What would be a good investment for a quick profit? I'll only be able to sell tonight, so I need something that I can buy now that'll go up marginally by tonight. I've about 100k to invest as Michael, 100k as Trevor and 50k as Franklin.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 PDtuning

PiBwasser would be the best option but you won't make that much on so little at so little time.
    There is other stock that are dropping a lot but still haven leveled out yet.

Look for a stock that was high but is now low and staying low. This would be a good investment over the space of a week or two.

I've made 13million using 250k over the space of a week, buying stocks when they were cheap before they climbed

Pisswasser or Hawk and Little on the BAWSAQ.

I'd almost wonder is it too late to invest in Pisswasser now. I've money in it for each character but that was when it was about $10 per share. It's now up to near $40. How much further is it expected to go up?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 PDtuning

I'd be expecting it to level out in the next few days, keep an eye on it and I'll let you know when to get out.
    Keep an ammunation it's dropping very fast and expecting it to keep dropping for a few more days before leveling out and we can buy
    Penn wrote: »
    I'd almost wonder is it too late to invest in Pisswasser now. I've money in it for each character but that was when it was about $10 per share. It's now up to near $40. How much further is it expected to go up?

• Advertisement

Yeah, I was thinking by Wednesday I might pull all of it out and just reinvest about half my original investment just in case it does keep going.

Advertisement