Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Stock Markets

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It'd take 570 game weeks to make your money back on the golf course. Madness

You can make more per week if you purchase the 3 cinemas at a total cost of 60,000,000

Return per week for those = 539,000 as opposed to the golf courses 264,000

If you're planning on gambling on stocks for the next while it wouldn't make any sense to buy the golf course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Oh I know I'll never make back my money on the golf club. The point is I'm trying to buy all the properties. If I just pulled all my stocks out now, I'd have enough to buy all the other properties (well, only two of the cinemas left), the most expensive car for each character, tanks etc, and still be free enough to upgrade any cars I want. But where's the fun in that? I actually quite like watching and playing the stock market, it's a genius addition to the game. Turning $50m across the three characters into $250m, that's the aim. Buying the golf club means I can say I bought all the properties, but also means I'll have played the stocks well enough to get that money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm seriously expecting Pisswasser to crash spectacularly in the next two weeks... I was randomly looking at stuff on Wikipedia yesterday and there was another stock market crash in October in the 80's, and the Wall Street Crash...

If it doesn't happen, I'll lose a lot of faith in R*'s trolling tendencies. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I was thinking, what would happen if you split your money evenly between every stock on the market, and left it for a while? Would it average out around zero, gain you money or lose you money over time?

Good indication that Badger will be the next big riser. Down to 15.16(PS3)/5.16(360) from a high of just over 300. Another day or so and I'd say it could be worth putting a good bit of money on. PIS is getting closer to its previous high so might not go much further. Plus its share price is now high enough that the return won't be as great. HAL will probably increase a bit more on PS3 but has started falling on 360.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yep, I'm just waiting for Badger to rise and then I'm dumping all my pisswasser.

Made a 10% profit on Badger in 3 hours and it's still less than $5 per share (PS3). I'd say it's starting to climb back up. Worth throwing a few bob on it anyway.

Penn wrote: »
    Made a 10% profit on Badger in 3 hours and it's still less than $5 per share (PS3). I'd say it's starting to climb back up. Worth throwing a few bob on it anyway.

Checked it this morning. Have more than doubled my money. Put $140m as Franklin and made $149m profit. Put about $70m each for Michael and Trevor too and made over $75m profit.

ZIT could also be worth a punt. Dropped down to less than $4 per share.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

just went to buy badger, its starting to drop again, what was the high of zit, pisswasser is still making me money, buying and selling it daily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Lads just after finishing the game, (loved every second!) So Michael just got an email from
    Don Percival going on about him getting cheap shares in Merryweather due to the temporary collapse?
    Should I lump on them shares with all 3 characters?

just went to buy badger, its starting to drop again, what was the high of zit, pisswasser is still making me money, buying and selling it daily

It takes slight dips here and there, but overall, I bought at 3.81 per share and it's now 13.17. For 140m invested as Franklin, I've made about 340m profit.

I bought $250,000 of Pisswasser last Saturday... I haven't had access to my game since then... I really hope I make a tidy profit and not a horrific loss... :\

mutley18 wrote: »
    Lads just after finishing the game, (loved every second!) So Michael just got an email from
    Don Percival going on about him getting cheap shares in Merryweather due to the temporary collapse?
    Should I lump on them shares with all 3 characters?

I don't think it ever really recovers. Not much anyway. Better off putting money in Badger or Zit on the Bawsaq market. Zit might be best as it's pretty much at its lowest point (might go down another few cent but should come back up)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I bought $250,000 of Pisswasser last Saturday... I haven't had access to my game since then... I really hope I make a tidy profit and not a horrific loss... :\

It's still on the rise afaik so you should be fine. ~$146 per share atm.

It's gone up at least $20 per share since then (PS3 anyway). Nearly reaching it's previous high though so you should probably pull out in the next few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Do you all not have enough, I stopped when GTA onlnine came out with about 2bn overall and I've still not done the last few assassination missions. I'm going to 100% it this weekend before batman and then play that and online until the PS4.

One does not simply "have enough" virtual money... :P

Varik wrote: »
    Do you all not have enough, I stopped when GTA onlnine came out with about 2bn overall and I've still not done the last few assassination missions. I'm going to 100% it this weekend before batman and then play that and online until the PS4.

I only had about $30-40m per character after finishing the story. Did the assassination missions too early, and didn't put money on the right stocks on one or two of them. Plus I only got about $25m each for the last heist due to who I picked for my crew.

I just didn't really pay much attention to the stock market during the game, and didn't get a lot from the heists.

It was actually $360,000 I invested and I made a profit of.... $420,000. :D

I'd call that a success. :)

Now, the question is, do I do the assassination missions now when I have $24million per character, or do I invest in PIS again with a few million and try to have more to invest when I eventually do these...

• Advertisement

I've about 5 or 6 million invested for each character in Badger. Bought it at 7.05 earlier today. When I last checked it it was up to 7.25 and I was making about 100k profit after two hours. Hopefully it'll shoot up over the next week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

When I was really trying to make money, I'd end each day with 3-4 saves; all money in cash, all in stock #1, and all in stock #2. I'd check which save was better and continue from that.

Anyone else lost massive sums in the Bawsaq? All my stocks have lost most of their value.

ZIT is currently down 93.1%
    Tinkle down 93.7%
    Badger down 91.63%

Is this a bug or have the prices crashed in the past couple of weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Poured all my money into Badger when it had a huge rise a week ago, now I need to wait for it to go back up or i'll lose most of my money

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Are you on the 360, Blisterman? The stocks are a bit stagnant on the PS3.

Also, have you ever thought that R* are trying to simulate a stock market crash? :pac:

I'm on the PS3. I was actually wondering that myself.

Is there any hope of making my money back? If they've dropped 95%, that means they then have to rise 2000% to break even!

What's the current value of Badger? I bought at 7.05... :\

The Great GTA Stock Market Crash of 2013... :(

What's the current value of Badger? I bought at 7.05... :\

The Great GTA Stock Market Crash of 2013... :(

7.30 (PS3)
    7.55 (360)

Could still start to rise a lot, but hard to tell. They're definitely making the Stock Market harder to predict.

I'd say a good bet might now be Shark. Bottoming out around $5 with all time high around $400.

Multiple saves might be best if investing a lot of money though.

Advertisement