Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Stock Markets

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Mine seems to be stuck at 209 though... I'll keep an eye on it. :pac:

mines still skyrocketing, what did u pay for them?

2.2 million profit for michael alone and rising for me...about 5 mil profit in total I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Saved the game twice after completing and it didn't really budge much so I sold out at 380, something like 72%, I can't quite remember.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Saved the game twice after completing and it didn't really budge much so I sold out at 380, something like 72%, I can't quite remember.

thanks for reminding me to save! at 66.29% returns now,

Jamez735 wrote: »
    mines still skyrocketing, what did u pay for them?

2.2 million profit for michael alone and rising for me...about 5 mil profit in total I'd say

Did you do the Paleto Bay heist before investing? I've no where near that much cash at the moment.

WTF???? saved the game and found major glitch, over 70000% returns and rising, I've over 9999999 mil!

• Advertisement

thats very weird, it was actually an investment in animal ark...that I never made...it said 77 thousand percent but it turned out to be just 7...I still made 100k on it though!

Did you do the Paleto Bay heist before investing? I've no where near that much cash at the moment.

sorry which one was that?...I forget the names

All I've done is the jewellery store and the underwater sub for the military thing, I'm ready to do the third, but it wouldnt let me because I didnt do the first assassination mission (hotel)

thats very weird, it was actually an investment in animal ark...that I never made...it said 77 thousand percent but it turned out to be just 7...I still made 100k on it though!

You get that for helping a guy get his bike back on 2 occasions.

75.79% return on the betta and rising...2.6 mil profit for michael!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I had a quick skim through this thread yesterday before starting the game and ended up putting all my money in the company of the guy I assassinated, face palm I know.

Are the stock markets the same in every GTA players' game or are they different for each game?

• Advertisement

You get that for helping a guy get his bike back on 2 occasions.

Oh right yeah forgot about that,...that explains everything

The glitch must have been caused by it being on the player controlled BAWSAQ and not LCN, thousands of players would have been doing that mission and getting stock, hence the 70,000% return.

My guess is rockstar is controlling that one too.

guys the bawsaq is still really buggy, it's showing 9 digits in my portfolio (including decimals) but it's only showing 8 when I click on the stock.... 280k profit not 2 mil :(

why didn't I realize that 80% of 600k wasn't 2.8 mil! that should have told me immediately that something was up!

EDIT:

Beta Stuck at 81.5%

Sold everything and was left with about 1.2 mil between all 3 characters roughly just 600k profit in total :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

All the stocks in my portfolio are down yet if i go to the markets page, they are showing up - don't get it

guys the bawsaq is still really buggy, it's showing 9 digits in my portfolio (including decimals) but it's only showing 8 when I click on the stock.... 280k profit not 2 mil :(

why didn't I realize that 80% of 600k wasn't 2.8 mil! that should have told me immediately that something was up!

EDIT:

Beta Stuck at 81.5%

Sold everything and was left with about 1.2 mil between all 3 characters roughly just 600k profit in total :/

I'd try and save the rest until you've finished the game. That way you'll be able to sink 15+ million into the next stock option. Should give a nice return.

I'd try and save the rest until you've finished the game. That way you'll be able to sink 15+ million into the next stock option. Should give a nice return.

yeah I was trying to avoid them completely, but I wasn't allowed to do the grouppe 6 heist without doing the first assassination.

yeah I was trying to avoid them completely, but I wasn't allowed to do the grouppe 6 heist without doing the first assassination.

Aye, same for myself. Just finished the 'Blitz Play' now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭carol clery

To anyone making good money on the stock market; yisser only bastids........

I cant figure it for the life of me:-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

To anyone making good money on the stock market; yisser only bastids........

I cant figure it for the life of me:-(

Do a mission for Lester, listen to who the bad company is and who the good one is.

Buy stocks in the good company do the mission, wait 24 hours (or until you hear about it on the news) sell the stocks.

Or for the online version buy stocks in Vapid (make police cars) get a rocket launcher and wipe out as many police cars as possible. Sell the stocks :)

Same with ammonation buy and fire a lot of bullets and buy loads more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The BAWSAQ is really broken for me, the prices don't change at all not matter what I do or how much time passes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Varik wrote: »
    The BAWSAQ is really broken for me, the prices don't change at all not matter what I do or how much time passes.

It has something to do with that rockstar club yoke, I could not connect to it this afternoon, always getting errors. I bought a lot of stock in one company and it was just sitting there for ages. I sold it off then after few hours it snaped out of it and prices went double. I was quite pissed off.

Looks like Stock market is the only way of making good money. I did a mistake by buying 2 properties with Trevor ( i think one of them is part of the story line ) and I need to do missions with one property, which will make it ages untill I will be able to even get my money back spent on property and the other one generates 920$ per week... :pac: I could have almost doubled that money in stock market in each of those Lester missions...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FireBreather

humanji wrote: »
    You could change person, buy the stock and then let yourself fail, giving you plenty of time to do it again when you replay.

Dont whether this i s a filthy concidence but i did that but after failing it saids that bawsaq is down for maintenance for 2 days straight did this happen to any 1 else, its anooying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭circadian

Any reason why HAL shares have hit rock bottom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I invested about 11 million into the stocks and got a 7 million profit after a few days. It's easy. A lot of the companies have rivals in the stocks, for example AirUS and AirRemu(bad spelling). Basically, invest a tone of money into one of them, and then keep destroying what the rival owns. Both of the companies I mentioned are airtravel companies, and I invest in AirUS, so every now and then, I go on a rampage in the airport and DESTROY ALL AIRCRAFT AND VEHICALS that are not owned by AirUS. This way, the other companies are losing money while AirUS get more passengers etc as they still have their aircraft etc.

Really easy, and I suggest doing large investments (5+ million) if you want a large profit, also, if you stop destroying the rival's stuff, the stock will start to drop so you need to do it constantly every time you play.

This applies for other companies too, but I don't know how they operate, probably very similar.

Also to note, you'll get a 5 star wanted level if you go on a decent airport rampage, they can easily be lost if you follow the railway lines near Grove Street and into the tunnels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I invested in iFruit and the shares went up around 23% and now it is back to 0%, has this happened anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    I invested in iFruit and the shares went up around 23% and now it is back to 0%, has this happened anyone else?

My stocks are stuck at 0% for the last couple days.. something aint right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

The investing in one airline company and blowing up rival planes doesn't seem to be working for me.

Invested $10m in AirEMU and have blown up 10-15 FlyUS planes and some trucks at the airport since yesterday but there has been little to no change in the stock prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Bawsaq down for anyone else? Its been done for last few hours and can't invest. Also haven't been able to upload pics from phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Mc Love wrote: »
    Bawsaq down for anyone else? Its been done for last few hours and can't invest. Also haven't been able to upload pics from phone

Hopefully it will be sorted once the weekend is over and Rockstar get a chance to look at it this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

I've been having trouble with the camera the last couple of days, each time I get a message saying I cannot connect to the social club.

• Advertisement

Have you tried turning your PS3 off and back on again? :pac: Because that's the way I fixed it in my game :p

Advertisement