Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Stock Markets

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Have you tried turning your PS3 off and back on again? :pac: Because that's the way I fixed it in my game :p

Tried that and it is still down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

gonna test this blowing up aircraft theory

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

So anyone know of any more good stocks? I fupped up and misheard lester and put all my cash into the other stock on the 1st lester mission :(

Have we discovered if the blowing up cars things works yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

ardinn wrote: »
    So anyone know of any more good stocks? I fupped up and misheard lester and put all my cash into the other stock on the 1st lester mission :(

Have we discovered if the blowing up cars things works yet?

Turn on subtitles :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I put all of Franklin's money into one of Lester's "tips" after the previous two small investments paid off. Has moved 0.3% since :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Got a tip for stocks in a mission and can't buy stocks because bawsaq is still down, got into by the shares, but when i pressed confirm it said it is down for maintenance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Mc Love wrote: »
    Got a tip for stocks in a mission and can't buy stocks because bawsaq is still down, got into by the shares, but when i pressed confirm it said it is down for maintenance

same here, happened me last week, maybe save game and try later?

..by any chance was the tip for tinkle, or something like that?

The Bawsaq page on the social club shows amunation up 140 over the last 7 days with no negative points at all - Im sure leaving cash there will never be a bad move!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ardinn wrote: »
    The Bawsaq page on the social club shows amunation up 140 over the last 7 days with no negative points at all - Im sure leaving cash there will never be a bad move!

The stated increase is usually not real and is a little broken or at least it was, for stocks to always go up the company has to continuously improve compared to yesterday.

Bawsaq seems to be working properly now with the prices updating correctly

I had a decent amount in HAL which was $1 each share at the time and now after a week of the game being out and the shares price being slightly broken it's jumped to $1.2.

Put $7m into it now, if the price hits the past high of $50 I'm buying 2 golf courses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Varik wrote: »
    Put $7m into it now, if the price hits the past high of $50 I'm buying 2 golf courses.

Is that even possible? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

The bawsaq market never changes in my game - everything stays the same price. No matter how many times i've restarted etc.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

For those blowing up the competition (I bought Air Emu stocks, so was destroying around 50 Fly US jets at least on Friday and yesterday), it's a very slow and tedious process. You'd be better off starting a new game or going back to an old save, and just leave the assassination missions till after completing the game.

Last time I checked, after investing $20M on Air Emu, in all that time I focused on destroying Flu US jets, I only have 1.65M profit so far to show for it.

Vikings wrote: »
    The bawsaq market never changes in my game - everything stays the same price. No matter how many times i've restarted etc.

bawsaq is controlled by online player base and it's starting to work a bit now, a load of stock actually went up as well as down yesterday.

If it would work for more than 5 minutes at a time it would be very helpful!

Varik wrote: »
    bawsaq is controlled by online player base and it's starting to work a bit now, a load of stock actually went up as well as down yesterday.

Can someone explain to me what would actually cause the ammunation stock to go down? They have no competition and people will constantly buying from them, I don't see what could go wrong.

Jamez735 wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me what would actually cause the ammunation stock to go down? They have no competition and people will constantly buying from them, I don't see what could go wrong.

As I said earlier - The one time I got into bawsaq amunation had 0 nil zilch fluctuations, it either leveled or went up - No other stock does that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Can you hold up an ammunation? Or constantly bomb their stores. Might affect their price but I'm just speculating.

For stock price to go up it needs to be selling more and continuously doing better.

For ammuination the stock price will likely level off and then rise during the weekend and fall off on monday and during the week as less people are playing at that time and hence less are spending money there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It seems Rockstar overreached with the whole stock market thing. I'm 70% finished with the game and that seems to be the Only way to make Big money (heists aside), the whole property things is terribly delivered, how can they have made it so imbalance when they had it so right in VC..... and when it's all said and done, the stocks don'r work like you would expect them to.... except in assasination missions.
    Let down by this big time

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I put all of Franklin's money into one of Lester's "tips" after the previous two small investments paid off. Has moved 0.3% since :(

Checked again today and it is at a record low. 5 hours earlier (as in before I was playing) it was a record high! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Checked again today and it is at a record low. 5 hours earlier (as in before I was playing) it was a record high! :mad:

Did you check your portfolio rather than the stock price movement?

Did you check your portfolio rather than the stock price movement?

Yeah, hadnt moved much so I looked at the history graph to see if it was doing anything, and seen a rather quick drop. Checked the highs and lows thing beside it and it went from record high to record low. :(

Other than the first Franklin/Lester assassination mission, which is mandatory to progress, they're best left until after you've finished the game. I've just finished the last mission, and this is the nest egg I'm sitting on...

75e071b6db48699b2956cc03b839e653.png157a168453d5f189624157a315db5adc.png2095b9a5157d22ead9d9624be309d0dd.png

Yeah, hadnt moved much so I looked at the history graph to see if it was doing anything, and seen a rather quick drop. Checked the highs and lows thing beside it and it went from record high to record low. :(

Which mission was it? Because I know for the Vapid investment, I had to blow up a few cop cars for the price to rise.

The others tend to rise a few seconds after you complete the mission.

Which mission was it? Because I know for the Vapid investment, I had to blow up a few cop cars for the price to rise.

The others tend to rise a few seconds after you complete the mission.

Vapid. Couldnt remember the name until you said it. :pac:

Vapid. Couldnt remember the name until you said it. :pac:

Yeah, buy yourself some RPGs, sticky bombs and go on a tear against the cops. It doesn't matter if you survive btw, just make sure you destroy a good few cars in about 10/15 minutes.

Other than the first Franklin/Lester assassination mission, which is mandatory to progress, they're best left until after you've finished the game. I've just finished the last mission, and this is the nest egg I'm sitting on...

75e071b6db48699b2956cc03b839e653.png157a168453d5f189624157a315db5adc.png2095b9a5157d22ead9d9624be309d0dd.png

Nice!

Is that just from assassination missions?

How much are you left with when you complete the story, roughly?

Nice!

Is that just from assassination missions?

How much are you left with when you complete the story, roughly?

Pretty much through the assassination missions yeah. I'd made $38 million from the final heist, and added to what I'd built up from the story, I'd a shade under $39 million to play around with in the investments. For those, I'd remembered what company I was investing in from when I finished it the first time, so went all in.

Pretty much through the assassination missions yeah. I'd made $38 million from the final heist, and added to what I'd built up from the story, I'd a shade under $39 million to play around with in the investments.

Brilliant, can't wait!

I haven't really bought much, only spent about 400,000 altogether and I still have a good 20 missions or so to go, plus the rest of the assassination missions.

Kinda wish they had a shared bank account, its annoying having to switch and invest all the time....but it's great watching your profit going up!

• Advertisement

Brilliant, can't wait!

I haven't really bought much, only spent about 400,000 altogether and I still have a good 20 missions or so to go, plus the rest of the assassination missions.

Kinda wish they had a shared bank account, its annoying having to switch and invest all the time....but it's great watching your profit going up all the time!

There is a temptation to maximise your profits, but be careful. When they top out, they really only stay there for a short time. Time enough to switch through all the guys and sell everything. If you leave it too long, then they drop. And the drop fast.

Advertisement