Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Stock Markets

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

What kind of increase do you guys think is the max after an assassination mission?

I wish they had more detailed graphs too, rather than the last 5 hours which is only 5 real life minutes. and even those graphs don't seem dead on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

im such an idiot for not reading my emails, i've completed a good few of the assassinations and I never once invested any money in these stocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

nbar12 wrote: »
    im such an idiot for not reading my emails, i've completed a good few of the assassinations and I never once invested any money in these stocks

same im over 50% through the game and havent once invested stock :( is it with franklin you do it? im afraid i have missed out on a lot of money :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

nkay1985 wrote: »
    What kind of increase do you guys think is the max after an assassination mission?

I think it plateaus at about 80/81% for most. The only one where you have to do something to change it after the mission, would be for the Vapid stocks.

etxp wrote: »
    same im over 50% through the game and havent once invested stock :( is it with franklin you do it? im afraid i have missed out on a lot of money :(

Yeah they're missions for Franklin. I've bought every property available bar the Tequila-la-la bar and the impound yard, and I'm struggling to spend anything really. The only properties that make any sort of dent are the Golf Club (obviously) and the Cinemas for Michael.

Even after buying 3 Cinemas and the Golf Club, I still have about $150 million for Michael. The other two characters have well over $350 million each. Other than buying property, it's actually very hard to spend money.

EDIT - If you still want a stock tip that's got a very good return at the end of the game, check out
    Augury Insurance
    on the LCN market. It's gone up 47% since I finished the story.

• Advertisement

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Yeah they're missions for Franklin. I've bought every property available bar the Tequila-la-la bar and the impound yard, and I'm struggling to spend anything really. The only properties that make any sort of dent are the Golf Club (obviously) and the Cinemas for Michael.

Even after buying 3 Cinemas and the Golf Club, I still have about $150 million for Michael. The other two characters have well over $350 million each. Other than buying property, it's actually very hard to spend money.

i havent even got over a million for each character yet :( ive donw quite a few assasination missions hope there is still some left. after looking up a few things i only have one assasination mission left :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I made the same mistake. Doing a second play through of the story missions and doing the opposite in all the heists and its turning out to be a lot more fun. I went for loud and dumb for the jewelry store and picked the cheapest crew. One of them got killed but I was lucky enough to pick up his bag of loot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

i havent even got over a million for each character yet :(

Franklin has about $200 for me :o

Everything into Vapid as I didn't realise I needed to inflate it myself. Out of interest, could I get that price up, sell everything, wait for it to drop and buy them again to repeat over and over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

I think it plateaus at about 80/81% for most. The only one where you have to do something to change it after the mission, would be for the Vapid stocks.

I missed a few of the assasination investments aswell but got the last 2 and yeah i noticed they topped out at 80%

i wonder could i replay the assasination missions? or would it just improve my performance on the mission and not carry any money forward :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,016 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Might go on an unofficial rampage tonight. Put a load of money into Aug Insurance as all three, grab a minigun as Trevor and just blow up everything in sight. Plus he owns the scrapyard so I'll get money for each car destroyed too.

Made a good bit last night in a random encounter. Guy needed a lift to the airport, gave me $100 but told me to invest in Tinkle as he was getting out. Made over a million in profit from a 3.5m investment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Franklin has about $200 for me :o

Everything into Vapid as I didn't realise I needed to inflate it myself. Out of interest, could I get that price up, sell everything, wait for it to drop and buy them again to repeat over and over?
    Doubled my original investment :D

As soon as I seen it was up, I sold. Wasnt taking the chance of it flatlining again. I'm going to keep an eye on Vapid and invest everything again when it gets low enough.

Penn wrote: »

Made a good bit last night in a random encounter. Guy needed a lift to the airport, gave me $100 but told me to invest in Tinkle as he was getting out. Made over a million in profit from a 3.5m investment.

I'd completely forgot about that when I'd done it early in the story when all my characters were basically broke. Made me sad when I thought of what I could've got if I'd invested $350 million :D
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Doubled my original investment :D

As soon as I seen it was up, I sold. Wasnt taking the chance of it flatlining again. I'm going to keep an eye on Vapid and invest everything again when it gets low enough.

Vapid and other BAWSAQ companies' stocks aren't changing much at the moment as it's controlled by the GTA world rather than the player world. You might see a rise when GTA Online goes live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Bawsaq prices are different for everyone I think.

Penn wrote: »

I done that random mission and when dropping him off, just as he was saying what to invest in a car behind me beeped and I missed what he said :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Vapid and other BAWSAQ companies' stocks aren't changing much at the moment as it's controlled by the GTA world rather than the player world. You might see a rise when GTA Online goes live.

They will remain around the same or drop during the weekdays. Most people will play in the night and at the weekends and this could affect the prices, so best to sell on sunday nights and buy monday mornings.
    Thats my plan with vapid and ammunation.

We are at a loss with the stocks because there is a lot more american players than European players so they will have more influence over stock levels.

Stock should start to increase slowly. The stock only increases if it has performed better that yesterday so I reckon friday and sat are the main game time for people on rampages?

lkionm wrote: »
    They will remain around the same or drop during the weekdays. Most people will play in the night and at the weekends and this could affect the prices, so best to sell on sunday nights and buy monday mornings.
    Thats my plan with vapid and ammunation.

We are at a loss with the stocks because there is a lot more american players than European players so they will have more influence over stock levels.

Stock should start to increase slowly. The stock only increases if it has performed better that yesterday so I reckon friday and sat are the main game time for people on rampages?

Bawsaq is only affected by your own gameplay I'm sure.

I don't think my stocks right now will be the same price as yours.

The LCN stock market is linked to your gameplay, the BAWSAQ is the online/universe market. Which is why some people have had issues with it being down for maintenance, and other oddities like stocks showing as being up 100% despite their share prices not moving.

Ill check the price of stuff now so. If the Bawsaq was affected by my game then I wouldnt need to go online to look at it?

The LCN is definitely affected solely by my gameplay

My ammunation stock price is at 705.54 right now with a .14% increase which makes sense as people should be logging on around now after school and work

Ill check the price of stuff now so. If the Bawsaq was affected by my game then I wouldnt need to go online to look at it?

The LCN is definitely affected solely by my gameplay

My ammunation stock price is at 705.54 right now with a .14% increase which makes sense as people should be logging on around now after school and work

What about when you're tipped to buy tinkle and fruit shares?

They're on the bawsaq aren't they?

I'm not saying you're wrong because what you're saying does make sense, its just a bit stupid there's no proper explanation from rockstar!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Do you guys have any idea why Hawk and Little shares are doing so crap, even though they're a gun manufacturer?

Do you guys have any idea why Hawk and Little shares are doing so crap, even though they're a gun manufacturer?

I made 6 million off them.

They're the perfect share to invest, as to make big money its more about the quantity of shares rather than the increase I'm value.

What about when you're tipped to buy tinkle and fruit shares?

They're on the bawsaq aren't they?

I'm not saying you're wrong because what you're saying does make sense, its just a bit stupid there's no proper explanation from rockstar!

Yeah they are, when I had to do the fruit mission was when the bawsaq was being laggy. Id say its a bit of both.

Either way ammunation and vapid (make police cars) have been increasing since the start so ill see how my theory holds after this weekend. only finished the game last night and put 40 mill each intp the 2 of them.

Yeah they are, when I had to do the fruit mission was when the bawsaq was being laggy. Id say its a bit of both.

Either way ammunation and vapid (make police cars) have been increasing since the start so ill see how my theory holds after this weekend. only finished the game last night and put 40 mill each intp the 2 of them.

Interesting to see how it goes, I bought 18 milliom shares in Hawk and Littleso even the tiniest increase is still making decent money!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I done that random mission and when dropping him off, just as he was saying what to invest in a car behind me beeped and I missed what he said :(

Turn the subtitles on, it makes following all the conversations a bit easier, or just Pause and check to see what the last dialogue was.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I bought HAL shares at $1.2 each, about 600,000 between all characters, and now they're at ~$1.35.

I bought HAL shares at $1.2 each, about 600,000 between all characters, and now they're at ~$1.35.

If they go up by a dollar or two I'll be in the money :pac:

I bought a load of lifeinvader or what ever it's called they are at an all time low. :) halfway through the game so they should be going up steady now I would say.

I bought a load of lifeinvader or what ever it's called they are at an all time low. :) halfway through the game so they should be going up steady now I would say.

They're still plummeting in my game :pac:

• Advertisement

I bought a load of lifeinvader

cringe.gif

Advertisement