Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Stock Markets

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 PDtuning

I bought hal shares when they were at there lowest @ $0.45 and now im minted. They can only go up, there cheap shares to buy in bulk and all these little ammounts on each share add up too hundreds of thousands and iv 690,602 shares in them :)

As bawsaq is based on players as a whole, outside of the game people who see that these shares are cheap but were huge at one time will buy them because of this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The HAL shares are going up and down all day, I've made about 20m investing and selling and then reinvesting at the next low.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 PDtuning

I see PiBwasser (PIS) is also now at an all time low, this may fall a little lower before leveling out for a day or two and climbing back up. Just another one to look out for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

They are very slow to update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Varik wrote: »
    Getting tired of trying to play the stocks.

I invested in Lotter beer (LCN) and then proceed to blow up a lot of their competition, nothing much happened to the price and now it's falling to a new record low; I can't actually afford to sell.
    i also invested in taco bell or whatever it is then went on an rpg spree with cluckin bell chicken lorries at the distribution centre, shares went up 3 % alright and i spent a few more hours on it only to break even, not worth the effort.
    im going to try the airport later and blow up a rival companies planes once ive invested in the other ???? fingers crossed it works.
    i have wasted so much on pimping cars that then vanished from the safe house, im nearly as broke in the game as real life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,016 ✭✭✭✭Penn

PDtuning wrote: »
    I bought hal shares when they were at there lowest @ $0.45 and now im minted. They can only go up, there cheap shares to buy in bulk and all these little ammounts on each share add up too hundreds of thousands and iv 690,602 shares in them :)

As bawsaq is based on players as a whole, outside of the game people who see that these shares are cheap but were huge at one time will buy them because of this

I wonder are HAL the suppliers of the police? Maybe that's why the more trouble you cause, their stocks seem to go up more than Ammunation.

I threw a load of money into Augury Insurance last night from each character. Did a few police standoffs blowing up loads of cars and stuff, and also spent about 5 minutes in a fighter jet travelling above the freeway firing missiles. It only jumped around 0.3% at most. Hardly seems worth it when you factor in replacing the ammo and hospital costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

are u guys paying any attention to the stock graphs?
    fly us are 20.12 in my game and the graph says that they were around 50 a couple of days ago(i presume ingame days) buy i been watching them and ive not really seen them above 21,
    can any1 confirm that they do go up if u blow up a load of airemu planes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Maybe we should all target the same AirTravel Company later today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

cadete wrote: »
    are u guys paying any attention to the stock graphs?
    fly us are 20.12 in my game and the graph says that they were around 50 a couple of days ago(i presume ingame days) buy i been watching them and ive not really seen them above 21,
    can any1 confirm that they do go up if u blow up a load of airemu planes?

Yeah I don't think the graphs are right. I was keeping an eye on stocks I'd bought for an assassination mission. I was watching them closely but they went from being up 50% to only being up 25% and yet there was no sign of the decline on the graph.

I hope they sort out the stocks soon as it'sa good idea but not done very well at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Hawk and little were at 3.24 this morning, up from 1.90 last I checked and at 0.55c earlier in the week, I made a mint from that but their shares do drop a lot so you really have to keep an eye on them; they've never been at 3.25 or even 3 in the last 2 weeks (graph lies saying they were).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Varik wrote: »
    Hawk and little were at 3.24 this morning, up from 1.90 last I checked and at 0.55c earlier in the week, I made a mint from that but their shares do drop a lot so you really have to keep an eye on them; they've never been at 3.25 or even 3 in the last 2 weeks (graph lies saying they were).

I bought hawk and little at 1.30 last night, might do a quick flip if they are gone up a bit by time I get to play tonight. Have about 2mil invested between the 3 guys. Hopefully it wont go arseways on me.

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    I bought hawk and little at 1.30 last night, might do a quick flip if they are gone up a bit by time I get to play tonight. Have about 2mil invested between the 3 guys. Hopefully it wont go arseways on me.

To quote myself, I bought at 1.30 and its now at 3.73 per share.

Invested just over $1 million with Michael and its now worth nearly $3 million.
    Invested around $500k each with Trevor and Franklin .

Do I sell or wait? Hard to know :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

PDtuning wrote: »
    I see PiBwasser (PIS) is also now at an all time low, this may fall a little lower before leveling out for a day or two and climbing back up. Just another one to look out for.

Holy $hit lads, PiBwasser is currently 2.28 a share. At it's highest, it was 151.52! Have to login to buy a few millions worth!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I invested ~$10m as Franklin when HAL shares were at $1.20 each, now I'm wondering if they top out at ~$15 each. I wonder how the toffs at the golf club would react to a black owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Just after finishing the story missions and I'm doing the assassination missions now. Gonna post this investment guide below because there's an important step that people may miss, and it's the difference between having 300m each, and over 1 billion each! :)
    STEP 1

BEFORE the second assassination mission invest in [DEB] Debonaire (LCN). Sell at 80% return.
    STEP 2

Invest in [RWC] Redwood (LCN). Advance in game clock 2 days. Sell at 300% return.
    STEP 3

BEFORE the third assassination mission invest in [FRT] Fruit (BAWSAQ). Sell at 50% return.
    STEP 4

AFTER the fourth assassination mission invest in [VAP] Vapid (BAWSAQ). Advance in game clock 2 days. Sell at 100% return.
    STEP 5

BEFORE the fifth assassination mission invest in [GCD] GoldCoast (LCN). Sell at 80% return.

For a more detailed guide see here http://www.gamepur.com/news/12206-gta-v-how-make-15-billion-or-more-lesters-assassination-missions.html

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Holy $hit lads, PiBwasser is currently 2.28 a share. At it's highest, it was 151.52! Have to login to buy a few millions worth!
    Will it goanywhere near what it was though flyus is like 20 and highest was 100 but doesnt seem to rise, ive finished the main missions, and the assasination missions and have 100 mil, doin the tinkle stock mission now, hopefully will get the 150 mil to buy the golf course but dont think im gonna have enough to buy all the michael properties :mad:

Dunno its a risk but down 400% is mad, can't go any lower surely

Jamez735 wrote: »
    Just after finishing the story missions and I'm doing the assassination missions now. Gonna post this investment guide below because there's an important step that people may miss, and it's the difference between having 300m each, and over 1 billion each! :)
    STEP 1

BEFORE the second assassination mission invest in [DEB] Debonaire (LCN). Sell at 80% return.
    STEP 2

Invest in [RWC] Redwood (LCN). Advance in game clock 2 days. Sell at 300% return.
    STEP 3

BEFORE the third assassination mission invest in [FRT] Fruit (BAWSAQ). Sell at 50% return.
    STEP 4

AFTER the fourth assassination mission invest in [VAP] Vapid (BAWSAQ). Advance in game clock 2 days. Sell at 100% return.
    STEP 5

BEFORE the fifth assassination mission invest in [GCD] GoldCoast (LCN). Sell at 80% return.

For a more detailed guide see here http://www.gamepur.com/news/12206-gta-v-how-make-15-billion-or-more-lesters-assassination-missions.html

I don't know about anyone else but doing this just feels cheap to me.

Id rather have fun on the stock market and try build money than just take advantage of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I'd 350 million per character, and after buying all the property available, I'm struggling to go through it. I don't know what anyone would do with a billion.

Id rather have fun on the stock market and try build money than just take advantage of the game.

I agree but i dont think the market can be manipulated so the only way to buy all properties is to use a guide like that, its pretty annoying that they have made it that you have to use a guide just to get all the property. if u just play the market it will take an age to make maybe 100 mil

• Advertisement

It's not really taking advantage when it was a featured integrated into the game. Lester practically tells you to invest in these stocks. The guide is just there for people who miss what he said, or want to be clear on it.

The only bit that's a little ..ahem "exploitative" is investing in
    redwood
    after they've hit rock bottom.

Buying 200m worth of 1 dollar shares and selling again at 4 dollars nets you some serious profit, and Lester never mentions to do that.

I want to have fun with the stocks too, so after I get my billions then they're going straight back in, but when something rises by 1 percent, instead of going crazy over making what a few thousand dollars profit, I'll have made 10,000,000 which is a lot more exciting than playing penny stocks.

I agree but i dont think the market can be manipulated so the only way to buy all properties is to use a guide like that, its pretty annoying that they have made it that you have to use a guide just to get all the property. if u just play the market it will take an age to make maybe 100 mil

I made 53 million on the market yesterday alone due to HAL, all it takes is a bit of gambling and you can get up there eventually.

ah pisswasser in game on bawsaq is different than on the rockstat website.

Jamez735 wrote: »
    It's not really taking advantage when it was a featured integrated into the game. Lester practically tells you to invest in these stocks. The guide is just there for people who miss what he said, or want to be clear on it.

The only bit that's a little ..ahem "exploitative" is investing in
    redwood
    after they've hit rock bottom.

Buying 200m worth of 1 dollar shares and selling again at 4 dollars nets you some serious profit, and Lester never mentions to do that.

I want to have fun with the stocks too, so after I get my billions then they're going straight back in, but when something rises by 1 percent, instead of going crazy over making what a few thousand dollars profit, I'll have made 10,000,000 which is a lot more exciting than playing penny stocks.

No its not, what good is making money on the stocks if you can't spend it?

Far more exciting gambling for money you need to buy things.

I made 53 million on the market yesterday alone due to HAL, all it takes is a bit of gambling and you can get up there eventually.

How high will HAL go I wonder.

No its not, what good is making money on the stocks if you can't spend it?

Far more exciting gambling for money you need to buy things.

That's true too, but it'd take you a long time to get there without the assassination missions. I've completed the game, I've earned the cash, and now I want to buy everything as quickly as possible. This is only virtual money after all, so there's no point slaving away working for it.

I'm more looking forward to the gta online stocks, because you can transfer money between players. That could be a nice opportunity for some real world trading, so at least then you'd have something to show for at the end of it.

how much was your investment?

how much was your investment?

14-5 million I think, Bought 18 million shares when they were low.

Finally....1 billion each! :D

It's crazy how when a stock goes up 0.01% it's still 100,000 profit!

• Advertisement

Apparantly there is a limit to how much you can cash out at once, its over 2 billion so it'll apply to the high rollers.

So don't select Sell All as you will lose out on any amounts higher than the limit.

Press the + button until you reach the limit

The limit is supposed to be 2,147,483,647

Advertisement