Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Stock Markets

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

ardinn wrote: »
    Just pulled out of pisswater, I have gotton way too stung on the markets to leave my stocks in too long. made a tidy profit so im happy!

I pulled out too, but the price was still fairly low so I bought more. Poor Trevor only has $4 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Anytime I go on the Bawsaq it says it's down for maintenance. I'm signed into playstation is there something else I've to do?

Never mind it's working now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

I'm now bored of the stock market. It just means I won't be able to buy the golf course and the 30million theatre. Big deal all I do now is go around killing people anyway ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

How often does the Bawsaq update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I've been trying to figure that out, and I'm starting to think it's 4 or 5 hours or so. Also, the in game bawsaq individual stock graphs are incorrect, and the figures don't quite tally with the rockstar social stock prices, but it could be that the rockstar website shows you what is coming up in the game. But on the other hand, I thought I checked once and that's not necessarily true. So, I'm a bit stumped..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Gordon wrote: »
    I've been trying to figure that out, and I'm starting to think it's 4 or 5 hours or so. Also, the in game bawsaq individual stock graphs are incorrect, and the figures don't quite tally with the rockstar social stock prices, but it could be that the rockstar website shows you what is coming up in the game. But on the other hand, I thought I checked once and that's not necessarily true. So, I'm a bit stumped..

Yeah, cause the graphs give an update of hour by hour, yet they dont update hourly so that can't be accurate.

I'm sure we'll know more come Tuesday and Wednesday when the online is open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I think the in-game prices are 5 hours behind the online prices, the graph shows you what the price will be 5 hours from now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

ShaneU wrote: »
    I think the in-game prices are 5 hours behind the online prices, the graph shows you what the price will be 5 hours from now

Surely that can't be right, it would make it almost impossible to lose money?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Its not right. The graph shows the last 5 hours of trading. If the graph showed the future I wouldn't be losing about 100million on Ammu-Nation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Its not right. The graph shows the last 5 hours of trading. If the graph showed the future I wouldn't be losing about 100million on Ammu-Nation.

I'm down 50 mill on them Gowls. Bought and then didn't sell as I wasn't back on. Should hopefully go back up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

lkionm wrote: »
    I'm down 50 mill on them Gowls. Bought and then didn't sell as I wasn't back on. Should hopefully go back up.

I'm hoping they start recovering when GTAonline goes live during the week. I bought them at what I thought would be the lowest it go but has kept on falling and falling. The have been up at around $750 a share, I bought at about $530, but are now $470.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Well the online prices are definitely ahead of the in-game prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ShaneU wrote: »
    Well the online prices are definitely ahead of the in-game prices

From watching them they're behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

made around 45m over 3 characters from pisswiser not really sure why im bothering after finishing the game its almost impossible to go on fun rampages or anything but guess ill buy up all the business's i can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Quick question, on Lesters mission with the
    CEO and the bus
    I'm waiting until after the mission and the shares go down before investing and selling high later on ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

GavRedKing wrote: »
    CEO and the bus
    I'm waiting until after the mission and the shares go down before investing and selling high later on ya?

Yeah think so gav they plummet then rocket think its about 80% profit total,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Perfect, I'll get to it after Breaking Bad this evening. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

GavRedKing wrote: »
    CEO and the bus

I just did this yesterday. You wait until after the mission to buy and then on the morning of the second day, I think it was, they went up about 100%. It was pretty nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

srumball wrote: »

So if i read that right, the plan is to buy Pibwasser and then all sell it at the same time and then buy t again when it crashes ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm incredibly bad at the stock market...

Invested 10k in Whizz and am currently -$44 on the deal.
    Invested 10k in Betapharmaceuticals and last I checked I was evens.

Probably doesn't help that I only have about $100k each for Michael and Trevor and $50k for Franklin and I'm spending far too much money on clothes, guns, car mods and hookers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Strituck wrote: »
    So if i read that right, the plan is to buy Pibwasser and then all sell it at the same time and then buy t again when it crashes ?

I don't get this. why do they not explain simply

Cormac... wrote: »
    I don't get this. why do they not explain simply

Agree. I am going to phone Eddie Hobbs and see what he says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I did the first assassination mission but didnt make anything extra with the stock tip.
    So i then invested in HAL and then piswasser. Then cashed out and did the rest of the assassination missions (after the main story)

Now I have 2billion per character and all properties bought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm about to do the heist on the bank in Paleto Bay. Is there any stock I should be investing in beforehand does anyone know?

bizmark wrote: »
    made around 45m over 3 characters from pisswiser not really sure why im bothering after finishing the game its almost impossible to go on fun rampages or anything but guess ill buy up all the business's i can

Trevor has five rampages that can be replayed as often as you like once you do them all. The fourth one
    The Military
    is by far the toughest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

srumball wrote: »

Great! I'll put 3bn into it later ;)

Jamez735 wrote: »
    Great! I'll put 3bn into it later ;)

Everyone is selling between 10pm and midnight. You'd be best waiting until afterwards, if I understand it correctly.

If it works, I propose we do our own every few weeks, but at a more fitting time.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Everyone is selling between 10pm and midnight. You'd be best waiting until afterwards, if I understand it correctly.

If it works, I propose we do our own every few weeks, but at a more fitting time.

I have read a good bit into this and if I am correct then the thing to do is.

Buy as much Piswasser stock as you can right now. Because so many people are buying it the price is going to keep on rising.

Once 10pm comes then everybody sells it, making a profit hopefully as the price has gone up. Once everybody sells the stock, the value will go down to nothing.

Wash, rinse , repeat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Yeah I'm planning to make more money when it crashes.
    Imagine if it dropped to just $1...every dollar extra is 100% profit!...this is going to be just like redwood again! ;)

Advertisement