Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing in Dublin

Options
  • 18-09-2013 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

I am moving to Dublin from Belfast and I am find that trying to find a place a lot more difficult than Belfast.

When I was looking in Belfast the problem was finding a nice place but in Dublin I am find that its not just that but I am competing with many other people for one room. I roughly pay €300 a month for my room in Belfast and in Dublin I am looking at €500-600.

I am okay with the price as my new wage reflects this but the amount of people I am competing with is new to me.

I am just wondering why is this the case?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

There's a lack of good quality affordable renting stock in the city centre and prime suburbs. Competition is huge. Consider looking outside the centre, prices will drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

All the students are returning to college at the moment, so there is a lot of demand. However, much of that demand will be satisfied and all available stock may not be used as more students are living at home these days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

It's the difference between looking for accommodation in a provincial backwater and looking for accommodation in a capital city.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

where will you be working in Dublin and do you drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

OP some areas are more popular than others and the demand is high.
    You have to consider where you will be working and try base your search area on the availability of transport options. You dont have to live within walking distance to work, I live outside the city and my commute was a good one and took less than an hour door to door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭done4now

I don't have a car (but my full licence) and not very keen to drive in.

My office is two minutes walk from Central Park Luas Stop.

I am planning on cycling in but if I want I can hop on the bus / tram well within 20 minutes walk from the Luas anyway.

In Belfast I lived 35 minutes walk and then 50 minute walk (20 minute train) from the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Advertisement