Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet in Kildavin area

Options
  • 18-09-2013 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi there
    I'm asking this for my sister really. She lives in Kildavin just about 3 miles from Bunclody and needs the internet!!! Basically, right now she has a dongle from vodafone and it is not great as I'm sure you can imagine. They looked into Eircom but were basically told they wouldn't be able to get broadband where they live as neighbours can't and they dont already have the phone line so the install and contract would be a waste of time. They've looked into countless others and it seems either just way too awkward or unavailable.
    If anyone knows of a really good reliable rural provider please let me know. I've posted this in carlow as apposed to Wexford as they are really on the carlow border. I know she probably won't be able to get great speeds etc but even if they could get a 3mb connection with a good download allowance that isn't a rip off it'd be good. The internet would be used for basic uses no mad downloading or streaming just basic internet surfing and maybe online gaming if it would allow. Even if it was enough that they could get Netflix going that'd be good for them too. Anyway if anyone knows of anything decent please let me know. thanks.
    P.S it's shocking that in this day and age those rip off merchants eircom still control all the lines even though they are now owned by a singapore company and it's worse that you can't get basic internet throughout the country as small as it is.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I had one of those dongles, it was useless. I signed up to Aptus, much faster, the odd rare glitch, but having wifi is great, could sit out in the garden in the good weather and surf away! It took a little work to get a signal, but that's cos of where my house is located. All my neighbours have Aptus, just ask around the area, see what works best for people. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I find regional broadband are really good (and Ive been through them all). I think they cover Kildavin - http://www.regionalbroadband.ie/coverage. Roughly the same price as Aptus (though with 2 mb up instead of one and no download limits)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Mandzhalas

Hi.I live in kildavin.best and pretty much only broadband you can get here is Reach broadband

Advertisement