Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bali

• 18-09-2013 8:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Hoping to visit Bali later this year with a friend.

We'd love to do some tours and the like.

Where is must see when we're there? What must we do?

Is there any good reliable recommended tour groups / companies that we go to before travelling?

Not too keen on water activity, I can't swim :( so will try and avoid most of that.

Any advise would be great, places / hotels to stay too.

Not on a tight tight budget but don't want to go mad either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭superman28

Unfortunately everything good to do in Bali involves water, imo,, so outside of that you can go visit temples in Ubud and go hike up a volcano in the Gili islands,, If you fancy lazing around a pool there are plenty of plush hotels,, but also loads of kips,, I stayed in a guesthouse called theisland which I thought was nice.. night life is wild enough in Kuta, but full of boogen Australians..

Can you snorkle even? Some amazing places to snorkle around...the Gillis the locals really hassle you to buy tat from them,, so you will be contantly hassled.. on the beach and streets.. When you get out of the airport,, the taxi drivers will try and rip you off,, but you can buy a ticket in the airport from an offical spot.. this means the taxi is pre-paid.. booking tours,, I would do it when you get there,, shop around,, the hotel might not be the best offer.. I have a bit of a love hate thing with Bali,, If your not booked already,, I would go to Thailand instead.. if your booked in,, then research on Tripadvisor,, the roughguide to Bali and lombock and the gillis,,, is a good one..

Advertisement