Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COST OF SHEEP WIRE.

• 18-09-2013 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

I from co Clare and my local store wants 46 euro for 4ft 50 meter rolls this seems like too much. could anyone tell me what there paying and possibly recommend some where to buy it cheaper. We all need to cut costs these days.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

I from co Clare and my local store wants 46 euro for 4ft 50 meter rolls this seems like too much. could anyone tell me what there paying and possibly recommend some where to buy it cheaper. We all need to cut costs these days.

greatly depends on the wire , many variables. How many horizontal strands, how heavy are the strands, are the horizontal ones high tensile, how small are the bottom row of holes? The light stuff is worse than useless, be pulled to bits in no time.
    put up the best you can get, and if you're nailing it to thorn bushes etc, a good job should last 20 to 30 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭loveta

100m tornado high ten heavy duty 7/8 box cant remember with grippel ends E104

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

that sounds a pretty good price. And you get a free work-out when handling the 100metre rolls!
    A pair of 18 inch bolt cutters are fierce handy for cutting it, and a pair of Hayes strainers, or copies, and your set.

Advertisement