Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Previous Owner Bill

Options
  • 18-09-2013 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

I have just bought an apartment. I rang up last night to put the bill in my name. As this property has not been lived in for a while i was told that i cant put it into my name as there is an outstanding bill. This previous bill has nothing to do with me. What do i have to do get it into my name? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi Nickindublin,

If the house has been uninhabited for some time, then a reconnection may be necessary. If it is, then there are three possible scenarios:

• Less than 6 months without power: we can arrange for a reconnection usually within 2 working days, and the current cost for this is €79.45 (incl. VAT).
    • Between 6 months and 2 years: the charge is still €79.45, but you'll need to arrange to have a registered electrical contractor to certify the internal wiring of the property.
    • Longer than 2 years: In this case you'll need to apply to ESB Networks to get the property reconnected. The application form and an outline of the steps involved in the process is available here: http://www.esb.ie/esbnetworks/en/commercial-downloads/NC2.pdf

If you would like me to check this for you, please PM us with the property's MPRN. Please also include your full name, address and contact number and I will investigate this matter for you.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement