Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

In trouble! Honda spark plug tool - 02 deauville

• 18-09-2013 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi lads,

I'm in trouble with the front left plug in my 02 deauville, i reckon the tool kit walked many years before I took ownership of it...

trouble is the plug poped out when I was driving along last week, pretty sure there's no thread damage done... was just wondering could anyone recommend a plug tool that will do the job as they are a notorious fcuker to get at... or even be prepared to lend one for a day or two to get me up and running... of course in exchange for a small hire fee!

Any help much appreciated...

Pete :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

p_mac wrote: »
    Hi lads,

I'm in trouble with the front left plug in my 02 deauville, i reckon the tool kit walked many years before I took ownership of it...

trouble is the plug poped out when I was driving along last week, pretty sure there's no thread damage done... was just wondering could anyone recommend a plug tool that will do the job as they are a notorious fcuker to get at... or even be prepared to lend one for a day or two to get me up and running... of course in exchange for a small hire fee!

Any help much appreciated...

Set of the likes of teng tools or ratchet set would be needed you could pick up in a local motor factors or the likes of woodies or halfords.

I would have no problem giving you my set but I'm in Shankill Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭p_mac

Thanks for the offer miller...

just where this plug is, it's very deeply recessed in a pretty inaccessible part of the engine... won't take a socket, am after a plug removal tool for a honda!

thanks again,

P

The teng set comes with plug tools with a rubber inside to take the plug out and hold in the socket. Have used on my FZR 250 and that is near impossible to get in.

Do you know any mechanic or even someone in the likes off AA they would have same tools for the job.

Jasus, never knew of such a thing! I'll look into that 2moro in the motor factors so...

thanks very much lad

Jasus, never knew of such a thing! I'll look into that 2moro in the motor factors so...

thanks very much lad

No bother if I remember right I have this set looks like it anyway, http://catalogue.tengtools.com/ Look up socket sets

It cost around €120 or little less but was a good few years ago but very handy even for doing service on the car plus a few extra bits I collected over time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

thanks very much lad

A tip of you're stuck: a piece of hose or tubing will hold a plug pushed over the end of it and will allow you to thread it in. Won't tighten it much, but if you're really stuck putting one in or out.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Some of those plugs are a bitch to remove without the correct tool from the toolkit.
    Mine never came with one and I ended up buying one from a breaker to replace it.
    I'd look for a secondhand toolkit for yours, there must be plenty around.
    The problem with these plug wells is that they are very tight and a lot of sparkplug sockets simply won't go down far enough even with extensions etc.
    Actually the plug socket is the same as the Dominator one, its pretty specialized.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

had to use a pretty daft combination of extensions and universal joint adaptors to do mine earlier this year. Had to feed each piece in one at a time, and assemble in the plug hole like you would a chimley sweep

but reading here, it sounds like that was an easy one hah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

I picked up a V cheap spark plug remover tool which worked for my pan european (similar bike) Pretty sure it was something like 2 bucks in a great little sells everything for 2 euro shop which is part of phibsboro shopping centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

RoadRunner wrote: »
    I picked up a V cheap spark plug remover tool which worked for my pan european (similar bike) Pretty sure it was something like 2 bucks in a great little sells everything for 2 euro shop which is part of phibsboro shopping centre.
    Pans have an longitudinally mounted V4, they are simple to change compared with the dual spark V-twin in the NTV, access is very tight and awkward.
    OP its worth fitting Iridium plugs when you do change them they last a lot longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭HamSambo

Use a piece of garden hose and push it in to grip the neck of the spark plug if you can loosen it but cant get it out

Guys thanks for all the help on this... I got the proper sparkplug tool of a mate of mine but still no joy on gettin the plug started, so I figured there must be thread damage done...

Ended up there was... had to bow to the pros on this one, a helicoil sorted it so I'm motoring again!

Thanks again for all the advice.

Advertisement